Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 07:20 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,627,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyun-Soo View Post
-Rest
-Relaxation
-Sleep
-No worries
-Love

---That's my list. I don't want any material things. What good is that?
Well I make damn sure I get plenty of Rest Relaxation and Sleep, and I dont let stuff worry me. So why not have a few material things, what good is Christmas without material items, although love is on my list as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 09:08 AM

2,256 posts, read 9,759,075 times
Mine would be Adobe Creative Suite 3 (I'm into Photography and Digital Scrapbooking).

What I don't need is more kitchen "gadgets" My mil is famous for this. Last year I got the As Seen on TV Slicer/Dicer. The year before that, microwavable food bowls w/ sealable tops. The year before that, A S'Mores maker, which is kind of fun but we rarely use. She is a teacher, and one year she packaged up all the knick knacks she got from her students and gave them to me, LOL!

Old 11-29-2007, 09:19 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,797,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spree View Post
Mine would be Adobe Creative Suite 3 (I'm into Photography and Digital Scrapbooking).

What I don't need is more kitchen "gadgets" My mil is famous for this. Last year I got the As Seen on TV Slicer/Dicer. The year before that, microwavable food bowls w/ sealable tops. The year before that, A S'Mores maker, which is kind of fun but we rarely use. She is a teacher, and one year she packaged up all the knick knacks she got from her students and gave them to me, LOL!
OMG! LoL... now I ?wonder? what you'll be getting this year? What's new on TV? How funny!

This reminds me of a story of a couple that are friends of ours. The husband gave his wife a deer stand for Christmas one year (she'd never hunted before or has since)! That's the strangest gift I've ever heard of (and, yes they're still married)!

Old 11-29-2007, 09:08 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Good participation so far, guys. Keep the lists coming.

Don't forget now. Santa's checking it twice.....

Old 12-03-2007, 09:31 PM

485 posts, read 1,647,927 times
Mine would be a group of consecutive days in which the winter temperatures didn't reach the upper 60's and lower 70's. It was actually 81 degrees here yesterday. And, my family wonders why I can't get in the Christmas spirit! My children watch the Christmas specials and wonder about a world where there is actually a need for heavy coats, scarves, and gloves. Well, I guess my true Christmas wish is that my husband will stop being stubborn and move us up North.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:38 PM

288 posts, read 919,084 times
- Time and money so I can visit friends and family in Texas
- Texas Longhorns winning every game
- Dirt burglars losing every game in demoralizing, lopsided fashion
- Rest and relaxation
- A pay raise
- World peace

Old 12-03-2007, 09:44 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
I usually don't ask for anything, but this year I want a GPS device so that we can start our new hobby in January. We are going to try geocaching for exercise and fun.

Other than that, I will probably get the usual couple of books. I'm a cheap date. I have so much already, and we really just concentrate on the kids.

Merry Christmas, everyone! We are under a freeze warning here tonight in San Antonio (we were in the mid-70's on Sunday!)(gotta love Texas!), so it will feel very Christmas-y in the morning!

Old 12-04-2007, 04:37 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,948,625 times
Only thing I would like is a Better Digital Camera. Like the Canon Rebel SLR.

Other than that I want for nothing, other than for everyone to have a great Holiday Season, and for Peace to break out in Iraq, so our troops can have a break and some peace to enjoy, and return to their families.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:45 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Oh, and I could add a special product that makes perfect omelettes. Cuisinart might have something like that.

It's because I haven't made one yet.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:02 AM
RGV

570 posts, read 3,220,834 times
Well, we're inviting family from Austin and Mexico city to see the Texans play this weekend and have passes to the pre-game party at the bubble.

I hope they win.

Other than that, no big plans for gifts, I think my wife and I are getting ourselves a new computer. How boring right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas