Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 11:52 AM

954 posts, read 1,549,731 times

Advertisements

http://www.dallasnews.com/entertainm...easons-why.ece
And of course one of the reasons for alleged Dallas superiority is the perfunctory shot at Houston for why Dallas is no 1 in Texas: "It’s not Houston. Self-explanatory to anyone who’s been to Houston, but for more on that click the related link."
But it's nice to be able to access the DMN online site again without the nuisance of being bugged to pay for their "service".

Last edited by JimBaker488; 03-15-2014 at 12:09 PM..

Old 03-15-2014, 12:19 PM

587 posts, read 961,179 times
Art district, spas, shopping...? The capital of San Francisco maybe.

No. The capital of utopian Texas would be nothing like that.

Old 03-15-2014, 01:26 PM

954 posts, read 1,549,731 times
So just for the heck of it, I checked out the piece on "http://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/50-sure-signs-that-texas-is-actually-utopia" which is sorta the genesis or origin of this story, and I was kinda embarrassed for Dallas because most of those 50 reasons about "Texas being Utopia" were in or based on people, places in Austin or Houston. Oh well, lots of things aren't what they used to be, so maybe the DMN isn't as accurate and reliable as it used to be when it comes to its stories ?
http://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/5...ctually-utopia

Old 03-15-2014, 01:27 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,338,208 times
For me, utopia is an incorporeal concept that exists only in my mind, from time to time, no matter where I'm at. There is no one corner or city in this world that can guarantee it; not for me, anyway.

Old 03-15-2014, 04:09 PM

6,291 posts, read 7,498,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBaker488 View Post
If Texas is Utopia, Dallas is the capital; here are the reasons why | Dallas-Fort Worth Events and Entertainment News - GuideLive
And of course one of the reasons for alleged Dallas superiority is the perfunctory shot at Houston for why Dallas is no 1 in Texas: "It’s not Houston. Self-explanatory to anyone who’s been to Houston, but for more on that click the related link."
But it's nice to be able to access the DMN online site again without the nuisance of being bugged to pay for their "service".
It is sad that the Dallas Morning News feels the need to lash out like this. If you follow some of those links it appears that the DMN has done this several times in the past. Is this an indication of a latent inferiority complex? I think so

Old 03-15-2014, 05:03 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,744,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
It is sad that the Dallas Morning News feels the need to lash out like this. If you follow some of those links it appears that the DMN has done this several times in the past. Is this an indication of a latent inferiority complex? I think so
You mean like the lovely Houston Chronicle piece below:

Houston versus Dallas - Houston Chronicle

Or this piece from CBS Houston:

http://houston.cbslocal.com/99-ways-...r-than-dallas/

This last one said that without Fort Worth, Dallas would be Topeka. Thats not an exaggeration at all. [[rolleyes]]

Bottom line is people like Jim Baker and Jack Lance need to chill the hell out. New outlets do this kind of stuff all the time. Its just for fun.

Last edited by Cowboys fan in Houston; 03-15-2014 at 05:17 PM..

Old 03-15-2014, 05:05 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,521,563 times
Dallas is just another big city as is Houston both have crime, traffic issues and are nothing special. Insecure Texans always need something to brag about-- Utopia my butt -just average big cities. San Francisco, Seattle Sal LAke City Buffalo are among many that are alot more scenic. Others are more educated, whole still others have much more to do.

Old 03-15-2014, 05:32 PM

6,291 posts, read 7,498,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
You mean like the lovely Houston Chronicle piece below:

Houston versus Dallas - Houston Chronicle

Or this piece from CBS Houston:

99 Ways Houston Is Better Than Dallas « CBS Houston

This last one said that without Fort Worth, Dallas would be Topeka. Thats not an exaggeration at all. [[rolleyes]]

Bottom line is people like Jim Baker and Jack Lance need to chill the hell out. New outlets do this kind of stuff all the time. Its just for fun.
lol I'm glad to see you are still reading my post. I know it is in fun so were my comments. I do want to point out though that Jim Baker is from FW and CBS Houston is owned by Belo Broadcasting which is HQ'ed in Dallas. Besides the DMN jabs just seem so much more vicious than anything the Chronicle does. Peace out !

Old 03-15-2014, 06:40 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,946,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
lol I'm glad to see you are still reading my post. I know it is in fun so were my comments. I do want to point out though that Jim Baker is from FW and CBS Houston is owned by Belo Broadcasting which is HQ'ed in Dallas. Besides the DMN jabs just seem so much more vicious than anything the Chronicle does. Peace out !
FYI Belo was bought out by Gannett last year.

Old 03-15-2014, 11:35 PM

933 posts, read 1,533,468 times
I've always noticed that Dallas always brags about itself and builds itself up a ton.

Houston doesn't really do this because they're secure and confident at their position as Texas' number one city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas