Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which City Highway System Is Better Lufkin or Tyler?
Lufkin 15 68.18%
Tyler 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 12:20 AM

1,064 posts, read 1,893,359 times

Advertisements

Lufkin is the city with the brains and Tyler is a city to me that has lost it some where with decision of making a traffic light loop all around it not forecasting growth.Lufkin on the other hand can handle double the population right now as we speak and traffic would be rolling smoothly.Which city needs to make better decision when it comes to there highway system Lufkin or Tyler?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 03:32 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,038,139 times
Your poll question is the reverse of your statement in your post.

But as I have given you amunition for your assualt on Tyler. Tyler has chosen not to have overpasses and freeways, by choice. So it is not that they "failed" to plan, they knew what they were doing. Yes , the result is congestion. But Lufikin has a better highway system because the state has provided Lufkin with good traffice flow on busy Highway 59. Nothing Lufkin has done.

P.S. I thought you were all about Nacogdoches. But if you can find something to knock on Tyler you will go with that, Yep. I notice to this point no other comments. I should have let this one go too, but early and current leaders have never intended Tyler to be a boom city. Early on they were selfish as many smaller cities are, by not wanting competition, Sam Walton had to come to Tyler with a threat of a lawsuit if Tyler did not stop their resistance to a Sams Wholesale.

Last edited by Mark Senior; 04-11-2013 at 03:44 PM..

Old 04-11-2013, 04:57 PM

15,440 posts, read 21,218,755 times
For sure I like the much faster Loop 287 around Lufkin better than that the stop & go highway around Tyler but it's been a few years since I was in Tyler.

As far as Lufkin or Tyler looking ahead, I think most Texas towns have some amount of ingrown reluctance to planning for growth. I think for the most part it has to do with budgets but personalities probably play a large part as well. I think no one could have foreseen the numbers of people moving to Texas in recent years.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
Your poll question is the reverse of your statement in your post.

But as I have given you amunition for your assualt on Tyler. Tyler has chosen not to have overpasses and freeways, by choice. So it is not that they "failed" to plan, they knew what they were doing. Yes , the result is congestion. But Lufikin has a better highway system because the state has provided Lufkin with good traffice flow on busy Highway 59. Nothing Lufkin has done.

P.S. I thought you were all about Nacogdoches. But if you can find something to knock on Tyler you will go with that, Yep. I notice to this point no other comments. I should have let this one go too, but early and current leaders have never intended Tyler to be a boom city. Early on they were selfish as many smaller cities are, by not wanting competition, Sam Walton had to come to Tyler with a threat of a lawsuit if Tyler did not stop their resistance to a Sams Wholesale.
You need to check yourself or check your email because last time I check I haven't seen you boast nothing but Tyler.P.S. I thought you hate Nac!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-13-2013, 03:00 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,038,139 times
You thought I "hate" not hated, Nac. I've stated two, three, four times, I liked Nac. I thought it was pretty, I graduated, repeat, graduated SFA, Gee Dee. Also, I have stated I like Longview, many times. and Austin, and Houston Lived there 25 years, liked it for a big city,

I forgot to point out how remarkable it is that you are also a futuristic expert as well, by commenting Lufkin is capable of handling double, or twice the population it now has, my what a "gift" indeed to know the future.

I've stated many times Tyler's faults and problems, and bad areas, just recently the fact they are statisfied with little to no growth. Is anything bad about Nac?

Old 04-14-2013, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
You thought I "hate" not hated, Nac. I've stated two, three, four times, I liked Nac. I thought it was pretty, I graduated, repeat, graduated SFA, Gee Dee. Also, I have stated I like Longview, many times. and Austin, and Houston Lived there 25 years, liked it for a big city,

I forgot to point out how remarkable it is that you are also a futuristic expert as well, by commenting Lufkin is capable of handling double, or twice the population it now has, my what a "gift" indeed to know the future.

I've stated many times Tyler's faults and problems, and bad areas, just recently the fact they are statisfied with little to no growth. Is anything bad about Nac?
Sorry I am late on responding but yes Nac has flaws too recently I said that decision of Applebee's not coming was a crazy decision by the city council man.I live here and know whats going just like you live in Tyler and you know what goes on there.The only thing that may be different is I am a highway freak meaning I travel all the time to these areas just to see how they growing.I love economics and always have!!!!

Old 04-14-2013, 01:47 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,846,374 times
Lufkin's highway/freeway system is what Tyler's should have been back in the 1950's when Tyler was the size of Lufkin & growing at almost 40% per year.

Between Tyler's new outer Loop 49/tollway project which is halfway complete & vital extension of roadways like Grande Blvd. & Earl Campbell Parkway, Tyler is progressing greatly. The focus on public transit lately has also helped out immensely. Lufkin doesn't have a city bus system, Tyler's on the other hand is pretty good...wait, make that very good for a town this size.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Lufkin's highway/freeway system is what Tyler's should have been back in the 1950's when Tyler was the size of Lufkin & growing at almost 40% per year.

Between Tyler's new outer Loop 49/tollway project which is halfway complete & vital extension of roadways like Grande Blvd. & Earl Campbell Parkway, Tyler is progressing greatly. The focus on public transit lately has also helped out immensely. Lufkin doesn't have a city bus system, Tyler's on the other hand is pretty good...wait, make that very good for a town this size.
Lufkin and Nacogdoches do have city buses the brazos transit.I always thought you where smart until that note lmao!

Old 04-16-2013, 01:24 PM

816 posts, read 1,938,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
Lufkin and Nacogdoches do have city buses the brazos transit.I always thought you where smart until that note lmao!
That was not very nice, my homie.

I've never seen one of them around Nacogdoches and I lived there for four years. Before you say, "U ned tu g0 ouT mor". I went out all the time and yes, I admit paryting too.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0us88 View Post
That was not very nice, my homie.

I've never seen one of them around Nacogdoches and I lived there for four years. Before you say, "U ned tu g0 ouT mor". I went out all the time and yes, I admit paryting too.
When was that because the bus system been here for over 10 years now!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas