U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 11:05 AM

5,556 posts, read 9,167,557 times
One area that I really like is the Cherry Spring area of northern Fredericksburg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 04:04 AM

1 posts, read 1,119 times
I have hunted in Doss for the past 7 years. We are on 648 about 2 miles before it "T" into 783. Part of our lease is on lange mill creek road also. It is beautiful country right in the heart of Doss. We love going to the country store and just hanging out and talking during deer season. Darrell and I think his wife's name is Donna are the owners of the store.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:36 PM

336 posts, read 445,346 times
Cool...someone asking about Harper...I see that the Enchanted Chateau is for sale...we are leaning
towards moving to Colorado...but if we stay in Texas...(because my oldest daughter things we will
freeze to death) we will be moving up towards that area....Fredericksburg...Harper...so does anyone know anything about the Enchanted Chateau? What about the area around it???

Old 10-06-2008, 12:53 PM

Cool, thanks for the report, guys. Land is definitely stabilizing and decreasing in price a little lately. With all the chaos in the economy, people are just scared right now. In other words, good time to buy So, terri, were you interested in buying Enchanted Chateau? I did a websearch and it looks like a castle. If you do decide to go for it, let me know so you can invite me over for your grand opening

I have a friend looking to sell her B&B in Wimberley, but me thinks development is encroaching too fast in that area (thanks to Austin) for my tastes.

The Doss area (and Cherry Springs road past Lange's Mill Rd, I think) is my favorite! It is quite far from any major town, though...

Old 10-06-2008, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Cool, thanks for the report, guys. Land is definitely stabilizing and decreasing in price a little lately. With all the chaos in the economy, people are just scared right now. In other words, good time to buy So, terri, were you interested in buying Enchanted Chateau? I did a websearch and it looks like a castle. If you do decide to go for it, let me know so you can invite me over for your grand opening

I have a friend looking to sell her B&B in Wimberley, but me thinks development is encroaching too fast in that area (thanks to Austin) for my tastes.

The Doss area (and Cherry Springs road past Lange's Mill Rd, I think) is my favorite! It is quite far from any major town, though...
Actually, we were thinking about buying it...however, it has some roof
issues and I am waiting for the realtor to get an estimate for us...it's
a beautiful place though...but too expensive to have to go in and do
a lot to it....so I am waiting to see the cost involved in the roof and
some of the inside drywall...

Old 10-06-2008, 02:44 PM

Terri, that's cool! Keep us posted. Thanks.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Terri, that's cool! Keep us posted. Thanks.
Thanks Nick...I will...

Old 11-12-2008, 01:15 PM

3 posts, read 3,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri722 View Post
Cool...someone asking about Harper...I see that the Enchanted Chateau is for sale...we are leaning
towards moving to Colorado...but if we stay in Texas...(because my oldest daughter things we will
freeze to death) we will be moving up towards that area....Fredericksburg...Harper...so does anyone know anything about the Enchanted Chateau? What about the area around it???

Hi Terri, I live on Spring Creek half way between Frederickburg and Harper, about four or five miles east of the Enchated Chateau. I have never been there but it looks like a nice place from the highway. The area is very nice. My husband and I moved here from West Texas about five years ago. We wanted to be close to good services but not live in the city. It has worked very well for us. We looked at land all around the Hill Country and wanted to be close to Fredericksburg once we got to know the area.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:30 PM

3 posts, read 3,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri722 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
I thought I'd bring this thread back to the top with the hope someone will respond to it. I'm truly leaning toward Gillespie County as a potential move some place west of Fredericksburg. It would be great to live in the Hill Country, I think.
There are a lot of nice placed between Fredericksburg and Harper. I live half way between the two. There are so many realtors in Gillespie County so you should be able to do some online search and get a lot of information. When I was shopping for a home here I would get a list of places to look at and spend about three of four days a week looking. It took about six months but I found the home of my dreams...Good luck to you. I hope you find what you want.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:56 PM

Congrats, linda! If you know of any land for sale in your area, please message me Looking for 20-30 acres.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas