Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 03:39 AM

1,985 posts, read 3,302,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Says the guy from Austin. Even though I agree with you, I'm wondering if you have a bias toward thinking that Austin is the best city on earth. I've just noticed this about ppl in Austin.
I'm not saying it's the best city in the world, but it's my favorite Texas city by far, otherwise I'd move. Most Austinites would agree.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:05 AM

6,263 posts, read 7,425,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinite101 View Post
I'm not saying it's the best city in the world, but it's my favorite Texas city by far, otherwise I'd move. Most Austinites would agree.
Austinites think of many things, of which few or none are true.

in·su·lar
ˈins(y)ələr/
adjective

adjective: insular
  1. 1.
    ignorant of or uninterested in cultures, ideas, or peoples outside one's own experience.
    "a stubbornly insular farming people"
    synonyms:narrow-minded, small-minded, inward-looking, parochial, provincial, small-town, shortsighted, hidebound, blinkered; Moreset in one's ways, inflexible, rigid, entrenched;
    illiberal, intolerant, prejudiced, bigoted, biased, partisan, xenophobic;
    informalredneck
    "insular attitudes"

antonyms:broad-minded, tolerant

2. 2.
    of, relating to, or from an island.
    "the movement of goods of insular origin"

Old 09-03-2014, 11:36 AM

3,028 posts, read 5,046,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midessan View Post
Like this guy?

Close enough, no lol, just must have the facial hair, beard, cut, trimmed, or some fashion, to be a man, masculine, all male, macho, no doubt on which way I swing, and so on, on, on lol

Over the years we've gone from the Five O'clock shadow look to the Duck Dynasty look, and everything, really everything, in between. Oh well....

Last edited by Mark Senior; 09-03-2014 at 11:45 AM..

Old 09-03-2014, 12:55 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,744,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
Austinites think of many things, of which few or none are true.
I conducted a sample poll here a while back, and interestingly enough it would seem that the most insular Austinites are the ones who are originally not from there to begin with. Native Austinites appear to be much more appreciative of the rest of Texas.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/austi...eel-about.html

I know this is off topic but I just thought that I'd point that out.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega man View Post
I conducted a sample poll here a while back, and interestingly enough it would seem that the most insular Austinites are the ones who are originally not from there to begin with. Native Austinites appear to be much more appreciative of the rest of Texas.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/austi...eel-about.html

I know this is off topic but I just thought that I'd point that out.
I agree. Hopefully I can make one more point on this. The Austinites that moved from Houston seem to be the worst. Its like they left under less than ideal circumstances and carry a chip on their shoulders for the rest of their lives

Old 09-03-2014, 01:46 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,806,773 times
Quote:
I agree. Hopefully I can make one more point on this. The Austinites that moved from Houston seem to be the worst. Its like they left under less than ideal circumstances and carry a chip on their shoulders for the rest of their lives
Well this doesn't seem anecdotal at all..

Old 09-03-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curbur View Post
Well this doesn't seem anecdotal at all..
Yes it is anecdotal, however living in Houston for quit some time and having spent a lot of time in Austin my sample size may be a bit larger than most anecdotal observations, but granted it is opinion and not scientifically researched. ok

Old 09-03-2014, 02:31 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,797,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega man View Post
Houston.

Denzel Wells
Denzel Wells

Parker Gregory
Parker Gregory

Cole Mohr

Dallas has some lookers as well though. Only one off the top of my head though.
Cykeem White
Cykeem White
That Dallas guy on the list I wouldn't exactly call a looker. Too feminine.

Old 09-03-2014, 03:43 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,744,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
That Dallas guy on the list I wouldn't exactly call a looker. Too feminine.
Well he's a paid model so I'm guessing many would disagree.

Old 09-03-2014, 05:07 PM

10,097 posts, read 9,943,329 times
Quote:
That's the same story for nearly every transplant in any major hip city. People from X small town or suburb had a bad time there and never ventured to explore their nearby city and instead move to SF, NYC, LA, or Austin and think they have to act according to the stereotypes seen in the movies of upwardly mobile yuppies.

Austin transplants are the worst though. They tend to come from the suburbs of Dallas or Houston, never ventured pass their burb bubble and then went to college at UT or St. Eddies or ACC and were just floored with how cool a big college town is. After they graduate they never want to leave. They make fun of Houston and Dallas not realizing that both cities are professional hubs tapped into the top industries in the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas