Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 08:58 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,789,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega man View Post
I guess dreadlocks makes someone look like a girl? I almost forgot this was the Texas forum.
It's not just the hair. His face looks very feminine. I've seen several men with long hair who look very masculine (many of them being in the NFL or playing college football).

Old 09-03-2014, 09:02 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,789,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega man View Post
Well he's a paid model so I'm guessing many would disagree.
I've seen many paid models who look very feminine. That's not a bad thing. Some feminine men can be pretty or beautiful but I wouldn't call them hot.

But that's just my opinion. If you look at that picture and think it looks hot than that's great. If you look at that picture and think he looks masculine than that's fine.

I just don't see it.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:33 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,736,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I've seen many paid models who look very feminine. That's not a bad thing. Some feminine men can be pretty or beautiful but I wouldn't call them hot.

But that's just my opinion. If you look at that picture and think it looks hot than that's great. If you look at that picture and think he looks masculine than that's fine.

I just don't see it.
Fair enough. I guess there would be no purpose for this thread if we all shared the exact same opinion. Everyone's input counts.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:50 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,784,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midessan View Post
Like this guy?
Ewwwww. Just ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....

Old 09-04-2014, 10:30 AM

5,249 posts, read 6,335,795 times
Quote:
They make fun of Houston and Dallas not realizing that both cities are professional hubs tapped into the top industries in the state.
Dallas and Houston have a long running thread here that would be embarassing if everyone posting was in elementary school, much less grown adults, and as such is totally deserving of mockery.

Austin also has the lowest % of uninsured in the state and comparatively high salaries, all while becoming a majority-minority city, so it has a lot to be proud of. It also might have the hottest men, as it has the youngest median age of any of the major cities in Texas, and people generally find younger people to be more attractive than older. Of course, Houston could probably claim they have more hot men than Austin simply because their male population is greater, so it's sort of a toss up.

Last edited by TheOverdog; 09-04-2014 at 10:39 AM..

Old 09-04-2014, 01:06 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,736,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post

Austin also has the lowest % of uninsured in the state and comparatively high salaries, all while becoming a majority-minority city
Being overwhelmingly Mexican with nothing close to the diversity that Houston or Dallas have. Austin is still very much a white city and many of those minorities are tucked away in neighborhoods that the hipsters never bother dealing with.

So if your idea of hot is the typical WASPy Aeropostale model with no real unique identity than I suppose Austin wins. If your taste is a little more adventurous than you'd likely be less than impressed with what the capital city offers.

Old 09-04-2014, 03:23 PM

10,097 posts, read 9,931,328 times
Mega man, you hit it on the nail but you and I both know that the standard in Texas is a country guy type according to a lot of the locals. Its a culture thing.

Old 09-04-2014, 03:54 PM

4,425 posts, read 5,297,655 times
Plus with the overall size difference Austin, San Antonio or really any metro in Texas will have less attractive men than Houston or Dallas.

Old 09-04-2014, 04:22 PM

568 posts, read 895,622 times
I am not attracted to any of the guys listed in this thread.

Old 09-05-2014, 08:28 AM

4,726 posts, read 11,918,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
Plus with the overall size difference Austin, San Antonio or really any metro in Texas will have less attractive men than Houston or Dallas.
This. You see more good looking guys in larger cities, simply because there is an absolute number of good looking guys out there. Thus - though I personally prefer Austin - Houston and Dallas will surely have the largest number of good looking men to be seen. That you find more good looking guys in large cities is confirmed anew for me every time I go over to London (to a lesser extent, DC and NYC).

Apart from the absolute number, other factors would seem subjective to me, such as ethnic features, typical styles of dress and grooming, etc. The deal is, however, that the more culturally and ethnically diverse the population, the greater likelihood that you will find plenty of your "type", if you have a strong type-preference. Again I'd reference London as exemplary in this respect -- loads of people from all over the planet, so you're bound to find something you like even if you have a strong type-preference. So in regard to Texas, the other factor might be which city has the most diverse population -- Dallas or Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas