Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 02:17 PM

219 posts, read 810,821 times

Advertisements

Hello all. I have Kerrville and Fredericksburg on my list of places to move to. If anyone knows or can send me a link for housing rentals in the area I would appreciate it. Also, any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 11:08 AM

13 posts, read 66,862 times
Here, let me copy what I just wrote to another person wanting info on Kerrville:
WHY would you want to move to Kerrville?? Housing is expensive, and there is no job market to support the cost of living...I know, I live in Kerrville, and am counting the days down till I escape this place.
The upside of Kerrville?? If you are a multi-millionaire, you will fit in quite nicely, and be able to have more options as far as places to live, besides the Ghetto. Kerrville has a low-crime rate, therefore, the Cops are bored here, and will get you for going over the speed limit by 1MPH. I could go on and on with this, but will not.
Kerrville is pretty, I will hand it to the area, but it is not worth the headache of the daily life here. There are much better areas to go. There are no places for the Kids here, because it is a retirement town. A lot of Movie Stars live here, so that should give you a little hint of the cost of homes here.
Kerrville's motto: Come here on Vacation, leave on Probation. That's just the way it is here, plain and simple. Think about where you really want to move, and is it really to this place??
[+] Rate this post positively

Old 01-05-2008, 11:26 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,273,276 times
corona68 ~ I'm just curious as to where you've chosen for your next move.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:11 PM

21 posts, read 81,608 times
Kerrville is less expensive then fredricksburg but not by much. If you go to each city chamber of commerce you can pull up links to realtors and prices for rentals, also try fredicksburg standard on line their local newspaper. I'm sure you will find what you need.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsoilman View Post
Kerrville is less expensive then fredricksburg but not by much. If you go to each city chamber of commerce you can pull up links to realtors and prices for rentals, also try fredicksburg standard on line their local newspaper. I'm sure you will find what you need.
Frederickburg's crime rate is delightfully lower.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:17 PM

Canine Castle....I have chosen Washington State, because my brother is there, and it's nearer to my Son who is stationed in Anchorage AK.
I don't want anyone to think I'm bashing Kerrville here on this Forum, because I am not...I am only speaking from what I have learned from living in this area all of my life.
Fredericksburg is a really nice town...Great Health Care there...But, it is a tourist trap on the weekends. The streets are lined with shops, and people come from all over to shop in them. Very busy there, but nice unique shops. A lot of the homes there are Historic, as is the town itself.
Just a little FYI here....Hunt, Texas....That's out of Kerrville, maybe 12 miles or so....It is VERY beautiful there, and a really nice area. The Guadalupe River runs through the town itself, and it's a really awesome little town, but the homes there are expensive, or lets just say, more then I can afford to pay.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:24 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,705,582 times
Kerrville has higher than usual crime rate for a city it's size.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:52 PM

A lot of the crime in Kerrville is Drug Related, or a direct cause of...Kerrville has issues with Drugs...If you're not in that circle of People that partake in that type of activity, then you'll more then likely be fine. Just be sure to keep your insurance premium paid.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corona68 View Post
Canine Castle....I have chosen Washington State, because my brother is there, and it's nearer to my Son who is stationed in Anchorage AK.
I don't want anyone to think I'm bashing Kerrville here on this Forum, because I am not...I am only speaking from what I have learned from living in this area all of my life.
Fredericksburg is a really nice town...Great Health Care there...But, it is a tourist trap on the weekends. The streets are lined with shops, and people come from all over to shop in them. Very busy there, but nice unique shops. A lot of the homes there are Historic, as is the town itself.
Just a little FYI here....Hunt, Texas....That's out of Kerrville, maybe 12 miles or so....It is VERY beautiful there, and a really nice area. The Guadalupe River runs through the town itself, and it's a really awesome little town, but the homes there are expensive, or lets just say, more then I can afford to pay.
Washington state is absolutely gorgeous. I have a friend who lives in WA who always tells me I should move there. I'd love to, but my children are in the metroplex and even though they're grown, I don't want to leave them. My sister is also in Texas and close to where I'm living.

Hunt, ahhh yes. I've looked into possibly relocating there but the houses are way too expensive. I wouldn't live in Fredericksburg because of the tourist trap, but I was impressed with the low crime rate. Gillespie County seems to be very nice but should I ever settle in the Hill Country, it would be at the western end of said county.

Wow, you've always lived in Kerrville? Well, you should know then. I think Kerrville is pretty for Texas but from research that I've done, it's just getting way too populated. Actually, Kerr County in general has too many people.

I wish you the best in Washington. If I could go I would, but family rules!!
Enjoy the cool and wonderful summers ............ lucky!!

Old 01-07-2008, 10:01 PM

219 posts, read 810,821 times
I don't understand why people think housing in Fredericksburg is so expensive. I live in Rockport, TX and a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house with 1200 square feel on a single lot is 1200 a month to rent. I found a house in Fredericksburg 6 miles outside of the city with 4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 2 gar garage plus storage on 12 acres was 1800 a month. That in Rockport would be about 2,500 a month! Pluse the crime in Rockport is INSANE for a town this size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas