Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 09:25 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,865,527 times

Advertisements

"The Lone Star State shines brilliantly in a list of the best places to work in the U.S. when some economists peer into their crystal balls for 2008.

Austin, Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio all rank high on the latest forecast data from Moody's Economy.com. McAllen, Texas, is expected to have the highest job growth rate, as its leisure and hospitality, educational and health services and commercial construction jobs flourish."

http://finance.yahoo.com/career-work...GLuOd7AeVO7sMF

Another good reason I am leaving California and going to texas. Cheap real estate and plenty of jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2008, 10:00 AM

1,298 posts, read 4,286,773 times
I hope you welcome Texas culture, too, and not just the opportunities.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:24 PM

5 posts, read 19,003 times
Default That's right

When unions and other labor groups have the power the middle class get screwed (like in Michigan) when the power is in the hands of businesses and the market the middle class are able to thrive, like in Texas. I just hope some other states, (principally, Michigan) takes note of this and tries to follow suit, or rather the people of rust belt areas elect officials who believe in free market as a way to grow wealth and assist the middle class, instead of politicians who are ran by ineffecient labor unions. Or, I guess the people of Michigan are too busy packing up and heading south for Texas, to do that anyway.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:13 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,275,575 times
The more jobs the more people. Texas already has enough people and it doesn't sound like that's going to end any time soon, like never.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:43 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,653,116 times
Also another reason Im relocating to Texas permanantly this summer. My wife is born and raised Texas Cowgirl. I met her in Vegas and she always talked about going home.

So 3 years ago I decided to take our vacation there. I took me all of just a few days to fall in love with everything Texas.

So on our 5th day she took the kids to the Houston Zoo and me and the dogs took a ride around Lake Livingston where she grew up. I fell so hard for the beauty that I bought our retirement property on the lake without telling her.

Well when she got back to the RV and I told her she never complained.

Oh and where can you find a better beach then Crystal Beach or any where on the Gulf Coast.

I love it !

Old 03-23-2008, 09:02 AM

52,687 posts, read 47,946,017 times
Thumbs up We've Got It

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
"The Lone Star State shines brilliantly in a list of the best places to work in the U.S. when some economists peer into their crystal balls for 2008.

Austin, Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio all rank high on the latest forecast data from Moody's Economy.com. McAllen, Texas, is expected to have the highest job growth rate, as its leisure and hospitality, educational and health services and commercial construction jobs flourish."

Best-Cities-for-Jobs-in-2008: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

Another good reason I am leaving California and going to texas. Cheap real estate and plenty of jobs.

It's by design. Everyone else is down or less than they were right now, but we're still very much up. You wouldn't even know that there's a nation-wide slowdown in the economy if you looked at all of the bulldozers in Texas all over the place like giant insects. Dirt is still being turned.

And you've got to love it!

Old 03-24-2008, 08:37 AM

Don't I know it, case! I'm in the construction testing biz and we are busy, busy, busy! Unbelievable. But it's been that way for quite some time now. A little ebb and flow now and then but mostly flow.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:03 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,800,719 times
That doesn't surprise me. In fact, it delights me to know this, because I really, really, really want to move down there. And to desertsun41 of Las Vegas, it took only two days for me to fall in love w/ everything Texas--cuisine, landscape, cleanliness of the landscape (yes, really,) the unique and diverse cities, friendly folks, etc. I tell the folks here in Kentucky and some just get outright offended at the thought that I would love another place more than my native Ky.

I'm looking forward to paying rent on a Texas apartment, working a Texas job without state income tax, enjoying the scenery of beautiful Texas women (and hopefully finding one for me,) and receiving my Texas driver's license in the mail from Austin to my new apt. I even have a bumper sticker on my car that says "Misplaced Texan." Here I come!!!

Old 03-25-2008, 07:02 AM

jcm1986, you're the kind of transplant we like.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:15 AM

4,108 posts, read 10,800,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies49 View Post
jcm1986, you're the kind of transplant we like.
I appreciate that. I'm confident that this future Texas transplant will thrive in my new environment!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas