Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 05:17 AM

8 posts, read 19,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Morgan, quite a nice area to grow up. Quiet, few people, and rather pretty.

Yes, I think there are many nice things about Morgan. But, that being said....it is not the same as when I was growing up there. Alot of things going on that break my heart. I try my best to remember the way it was when I was a child. To me, the perfect little town to grow up in.
I think Bosque County as a whole is a beautiful place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 03:32 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,275,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misplaced_texan View Post
Yes, I think there are many nice things about Morgan. But, that being said....it is not the same as when I was growing up there. Alot of things going on that break my heart. I try my best to remember the way it was when I was a child. To me, the perfect little town to grow up in.
I think Bosque County as a whole is a beautiful place.
Yes, it's a shame how time and people ruin a once ideal place to call home. It is pretty in Bosque. I would love a place on several acres somewhere between Walnut Springs and Morgan but not have to deal with any of the shennigans in either small town.

Last edited by Canine*Castle; 01-23-2008 at 03:51 PM..

Old 01-24-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Yes, it's a shame how time and people ruin a once ideal place to call home. It is pretty in Bosque. I would love a place on several acres somewhere between Walnut Springs and Morgan but not have to deal with any of the shennigans in either small town.

My son used to help feed livestock on a smaller ranch between Morgan and Walnut Springs. It was so beautiful and peaceful out there.
Yes, there are constantly things going on in most small towns I guess. I have my opinions on what happened in Morgan. You know... sometimes other people move in and think they know what is best for a town, and usually it's the exact opposite of what the life long residents think.
Have you ever lived in Bosque County? Just curious because you sound like you have been there quite a bit.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
My son used to help feed livestock on a smaller ranch between Morgan and Walnut Springs. It was so beautiful and peaceful out there.
Yes, there are constantly things going on in most small towns I guess. I have my opinions on what happened in Morgan. You know... sometimes other people move in and think they know what is best for a town, and usually it's the exact opposite of what the life long residents think.
Have you ever lived in Bosque County? Just curious because you sound like you have been there quite a bit.
Actually, I live in Hill County, but prefer Bosque because it has 1/2 the population, has the same land area in square miles, and is prettier. Of course, the property taxes are lower as well.

Hill County is just growing too fast and although most wouldn't think a county with almost 36,000 people would be considered such, I do. I am thinking about moving to Bosque in due course, but I'm also thinking about Mills, Llano, and Hamilton. Western Gillespie would be nice too, but the the housing is a bit high in that area and I'm afraid that county may be overrun with people quicker than the others. The lower the population, the better for me.

I am a bit leary about Bosque though because that area is one option for the dumb Trans-Texas Corridor that I posted about some place on this thread.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:09 PM

I am fairly familiar with Hill County since I lived in Morgan pretty much my whole life. It's a nice place too. I've been to Whitney and surrounding places many times for sporting events and so on.
Hopefully they will not build the Corridor in Bosque County. If not I don't really see Bosque growing that much. I could be wrong, but I just don't see it.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:54 AM

Quote:
I am fairly familiar with Hill County since I lived in Morgan pretty much my whole life. It's a nice place too. I've been to Whitney and surrounding places many times for sporting events and so on.
Hopefully they will not build the Corridor in Bosque County. If not I don't really see Bosque growing that much. I could be wrong, but I just don't see it.
Even if the Corridor didn't cause growth, it would be a killer for the beauty in the county. Who wants a whatever how many lane super highway going through the county? I certainly don't! It makes me sad just thinking it could happen. Hopefully, they'll stick with the plan and widen I35 and destroy more of Hill County and leave Bosque alone.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:26 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,772,088 times
Quote:
Even if the Corridor didn't cause growth, it would be a killer for the beauty in the county. Who wants a whatever how many lane super highway going through the county? I certainly don't! It makes me sad just thinking it could happen. Hopefully, they'll stick with the plan and widen I35 and destroy more of Hill County and leave Bosque alone.
Don't count on it. Where there's smoke, there's fire, and there's been plenty of smoke regarding this little project. I don't see how it would be feasible to widen I35 to cope with the magnitude of the proposed super highway. For starters, it should allieviate traffic on I35, leaving more roadway for the ever increasing traffic.

It's also more economical for the state to go in and condemn individual property owners, seizing their land and homes via public utility company for the 'ultimate good'. It's so much easier to intimidate landowners on a one to one basis, than to have to deal with hundreds of businesses which have corporate lawyers on retainer. Most landowners do not have a lawyer they can just call up and the state knows this. Even if they cough up the money to hire an attorney to see that they get a fair deal, chances that they get an honest one is highly unlikely. They'll more than likely just pay on a lot of money, wind up no better off than if they had just went on, bowed down and took the whipping the state put on them. Most lawyers know how to work both sides of the fence in situations like this and only the big guys are going to come out on top. It's a far better advantage for the state to rip through the countryside like Grant through Sherman, having only to deal with homeowners, farmers, a few businesses here and there, rather than all the businesses lined up down I35.

Old 01-25-2008, 05:20 PM

Good point, lonestar2007, and it makes a lot of sense. Ugh!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas