Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 03:38 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,158,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
If you haven't noticed, one thing that makes Texans unique is how quick they are to bash other places. Just in this thread my state Oklahoma has been called a "Redneck school" and the "cave dwelling capitol of the world," (whatever these phrases mean).
Aw come on now...

Although we've made an art form and unofficial state pastime out of talking trash about Oklahoma, and OU in particular, we don't really mean it (when we talk about California, then we mean it ). It's just like when folks from a small town talk trash about the next town over, knowing that there's really not much different between them and the folks in that next town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2015, 06:29 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,770,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Aw come on now...

Although we've made an art form and unofficial state pastime out of talking trash about Oklahoma, and OU in particular, we don't really mean it (when we talk about California, then we mean it ). It's just like when folks from a small town talk trash about the next town over, knowing that there's really not much different between them and the folks in that next town.
You got it! Excellent post!

Old 06-12-2015, 08:55 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Most Texans I know actually feel affectionate toward Oklahoma and Arkansas and Louisiana. Sort of like people feel about their first cousins - they think they're a little weird, and they may pick on them, but they've definitely got their back.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:48 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,778,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Most Texans I know actually feel affectionate toward Oklahoma and Arkansas and Louisiana. Sort of like people feel about their first cousins - they think they're a little weird, and they may pick on them, but they've definitely got their back.
I 100% agree with this (and would add NM to this list).

Old 06-12-2015, 04:18 PM

3,759 posts, read 5,853,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Aw come on now...

Yes, in fact, in my particular field, I would recommend OU over UT as more dynamic program. There is nothing like UT-OU weekend, (especially now that TAMU is not in the Big 12). I lived in Dallas and it is such a big deal.

Old 06-12-2015, 04:39 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,004,423 times
I've heard that people from OK aren't as cool with texans as they are we are with them. Not that they can't stand us but that they see us as over the top. And the colorado hate is wild! Met a girl from colorado in Texas and she thought she was so special, it was Colorado this, colorado that, your state sucks, etc.

The hate against Californians is pretty wild too among texans. Californians could care less but the whole rivalry Texans have with the state especially during the whole Texas economic miracle hit the news and Rick Perry was telling all CA businesses to pack their bags and go to Texas.

Old 06-12-2015, 07:27 PM

232 posts, read 360,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
This is definetly true.

I think it was during spring break that I went to some waterfall location in Oklahoma, and there wasn't a single car from Oklahoma in sight. Literally all the cars there were from Texas...

I love Oklahoma, it feels like a relaxed place to live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas