Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2015, 03:45 AM

9 posts, read 12,829 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I would like to know if there are any apartments in Kerrville. I want to relocate put would like to rent and check out the place before I buy.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2015, 07:21 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,784,742 times
Internet !!!

Apartments for Rent in Kerrville, Top 18 Apts and Homes in Kerrville, TX - realtor.com®

Old 08-07-2015, 10:04 AM

1 posts, read 1,508 times
Lightbulb Why are people so rude on this forum?

I have been reading this forum for many years, I have found valuable information about a new area before moving.

The OP obviously knows about the internet and search engines or they wouldn't have posted the question. It doesn't take much intelligence to understand what the OP was asking, I took the question as, is there a lot of apartment complexes in Kerrville, are they safe, what is the average cost, does anyone have any suggestion's?

So OP since I recently moved to Kerrville let me try to answer your question. My father retired here a number of years ago. It is a beautiful town. There are a number of apartment complexes but I chose not to rent from one. A tip, I look at the police blotter over the course of a few months, see where the calls come from. In Kerrville they seemed to come from mostly the affordable apartment complexes. I came to town and drove around with my Dad until I saw a for rent sign on a nice place. The rents are reasonable compared to say Austin or the decent areas of Houston but not cheap by Texas standards.
I work from home as does my husband. There is very little work here. Both of us are college educated and would have a hard time finding work if we didn't already have jobs. I wouldn't suggest moving here unless you have work lined up already. If you aren't at least middle class there aren't services for the poor here. I know this because my disabled relative also lives here and finding any help for him hasn't been easy. I don't think this county wants the poor here.
It is very safe, there are criminal elements everywhere but compared to San Antonio, Houston, Austin it feels very safe. I am not afraid to take a walk in the park.
My husband has been looking for work for months now in the area because neither one of our jobs offers any health benefits. He has excellent references, a degree from a good university, personable, interviews well but not one job offer after at least 15 interviews, and about 50 applicatiins. I am told unless you are from here it is very difficult to find work besides minimum wage jobs. It isn't possible to live here on a minimum wage salary.

I hope this information gave you some insight. This is just been my experience and my perspective so take it for what it is worth.
Best of luck on your move.

Last edited by AlwaysQuestioning; 08-07-2015 at 10:10 AM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 08-08-2015, 08:42 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,923,279 times
A large number of the apartment complexes in Kerrville are managed by the same property management company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas