Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 10:38 PM

748 posts, read 1,470,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Also look west of Amarillo towards Pecos at the old Yates oil patch. Due to Fracture drilling, it has become very alive with wells.
Wha?

Pecos is certainly not west of Amarillo. Longitudinally perhaps, but if you drive west of Amarillo you get to New Mexico pretty quick, and pass nowhere near Pecos. Amarillo is on I-40, Pecos on I-20, like 5 hour drive mostly SOUTH of Amarillo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2018, 09:44 PM

3 posts, read 1,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slant-6-Dodge View Post
I have an interest in visiting an oil-patch town with a flat, treeless, barren, hot, dry, dusty, ugly landscape. I am scouting locations for an independent filmmaker friend. I am not at all familiar with the Panhandle of Texas or the Permian Basin, but I agreed to assist my friend in choosing a location to shoot his film.

The story behind the film is about a guy working either as an oilfield roustabout or oil refinery laborer in a Texas backwater town. The surrounding landscape needs to be flat, treeless - completely devoid of greenery or any large body of water - hot, dry, dusty and strewn with oil derricks. The town needs to be rough, tough, dirty, smelly, run-down and low-rent in appearance. The main character is meant to be a hard drinking, bar brawling alcoholic who frequents strip clubs and raises hell everywhere he goes. Therefore, the town needs a bar or two and a strip joint would help too.

I've been told that three cities out that way would match everything this film requires. I was told that Borger, Big Spring or Odessa would be perfect matches.

I would much appreciate any input you all may have on any of these three localities, particularly with regard to how they match the film location's requirements.

Thanks!
we be your location!!!! ps the borger citizens don't know they are being hustled by your post.well played my friendhahaha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas