Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 12:20 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,689,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jread View Post
That area is actually one of the few places in Texas that is consistently losing population. It is a culturally and economically stagnant place that has been exactly the same for the past 30-years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levoid Davis View Post
I know my neighbors not like you big city folks and frankly dont care if you all never sit foot in Jefferson County. We just might be more happy without you.
Well that explains that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 10:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,988 times
Born and raised in Beaumont. Lived in DFW Metroplex for years and then a couple years in Houston. Moved back to Beaumont. Although I like a big city, Beaumont has been absolutely great. It may be more humid throughout a year but it doesn't get as hot as Dallas in the summer for the rain cools it down and makes it green! We just had 2 solid weeks of complete sunshine, less than 50% humidity and temps from the lower 60's to lower 70's. Beaumont is close to the ocean which I love, 1 hour to the lakes, smack in the middle of Austin and New Orleans and close to Houston. I make more $ here than I did in the other cities and have more to show for it... Tons of great spots to eat and grab some drinks. (Great Mexican Restaurants) No traffic. Friendly people. Brand new public schools, new parks. Great University. Great hunting and fishing. Beaumont is growing, people are building, people that say nothing but negative things about Beaumont must have had a bad personal experience (family, relationship, work, not liked). If those aren't the reasons then stereotyping is...
I think Beaumont is a great city and I'm proud to call it home! Visit during the spring for some good zydeco, hot crawfish and cold beer. Life is good.

Last edited by texasfrog; 10-12-2010 at 10:26 PM..

Old 10-13-2010, 03:46 AM

123 posts, read 287,971 times
get north, much better country up north of beaumont.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:54 AM

258 posts, read 540,686 times
The only thing I like about that area is cajun food!

Old 10-14-2010, 10:40 PM

3 posts, read 12,708 times
West Beaumont also known as the "west-end" is actually a nice area and is growing. Many new homes are being built with new restaurants, new elementary schools (due to a bond being passed), massive shopping centers, entertainment, and recreation. There are tons of new residential subdivisions such as Crescent on Walden (waterfront homes), parts of Willow Creek (Golf-Course), Metropolitan Park (residential/commercial town center), Westchase, Barrington Heights, Fairfield, Estates of Montclaire, Bellechase-Shadow Bend, SpringWood, Windemere, Brownstone Place, Pine Glen (Tolivar Area off Hwy-105), The Meadows West, Deerfield, Highpoint, Wolf Creek and Walden Meadows. There are also mature/developed neighborhoods like the Gladys Area, Westgate, and Calder areas. Lots of newly constructed gated-luxury apartments in this area as well such as the West-End Lodge, Stoneleigh (still under construction), Eagles Landing, Kingsgate, The Preserve, Beaumont Trace, Sienna Trails, Breakwater, and The Pointe. There are more planned or in the projects, for example in the Pointe Parkway area at Folsom (a massive residential subdivision is in the works - between Homsar Blvd and Pointe Parkway) and all along the Major Drive-Dowlen-Folsom-Delaware road corridor. Plans for the extension of Dowlen Road south to Walden Road will eventually open up that whole area for new development. Again, these are all in the west-end of Beaumont. Relatively safe area and the nicest part of the city (IMHO). I could go on but my fingers hurt.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:30 PM

25 posts, read 35,558 times
I've been over there a few times and the place literatly stinks. with all the factories and ships coming in. i can see the pollution from my 31st floor condo in houston

Old 05-25-2011, 07:04 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,663,557 times
Here's some info on Beaumont: Run like hell

Old 05-26-2011, 09:36 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,627,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Here's some info on Beaumont: Run like hell

More nastiness with no real information. May be all that hornet can communicate.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:18 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,663,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
More nastiness with no real information. May be all that hornet can communicate.

How about nasty, dirty, crime ridden, people moving out in droves, smells nasty, corrupt public officials....tell me when you want me to stop........

Old 05-29-2011, 06:41 AM

869 posts, read 2,953,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper1998 View Post
I've been over there a few times and the place literatly stinks. with all the factories and ships coming in. i can see the pollution from my 31st floor condo in houston
How can you distinguish the pollution in Beaumont from the pollution in Houston...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas