Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 06:03 PM

156 posts, read 244,858 times

Advertisements

I'm happy with the warm weather we're continuing to see.

As I said in another thread, the longer temperatures stay warm, the longer I get to wear shorts and short sleeves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 06:27 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,462,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
On a positive note, the mornings and evenings in northeast Texas have been GORGEOUS for the past few weeks, especially the past few days. I've been getting up and leaving my back door wide open in the mornings so I can smell and feel that cool morning breeze and listen to how happy the birds and squirrels are in my back yard!

I love "porch sitting" and thanks to autumn approaching, I am getting to do plenty of it.
It has been nicer these past mornings. Been getting to the low 60s so I am happy about that. I just wish it wouldn't rise so high to the high 80s and low 90s in the afternoon anymore! I just took a bike ride though, and the air is really dry, 20 percentile. It makes the warm air more comfortable I gotta admit. I really can't wait for it to actually be CHILLY though, as in 50s and below.

Old 09-26-2015, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeopleAreStrange View Post
I'm happy with the warm weather we're continuing to see.

As I said in another thread, the longer temperatures stay warm, the longer I get to wear shorts and short sleeves.
But I wanna wear sweaters already! Actually I've been in short sleeves in the 30s before, and it was quite comfortable. This was in March after a whole week of constant snowfall, the mid 30s felt pretty balmy.

Old 09-26-2015, 09:06 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
It has been nicer these past mornings. Been getting to the low 60s so I am happy about that. I just wish it wouldn't rise so high to the high 80s and low 90s in the afternoon anymore! I just took a bike ride though, and the air is really dry, 20 percentile. It makes the warm air more comfortable I gotta admit. I really can't wait for it to actually be CHILLY though, as in 50s and below.
Believe me, I know the feeling! I am ready for fall myself.

Old 09-26-2015, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Believe me, I know the feeling! I am ready for fall myself.
Do you know how good the foliage usually is around here, the week of Halloween?

Old 09-27-2015, 07:02 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Do you know how good the foliage usually is around here, the week of Halloween?
Usually in this part of Texas, fall foliage peaks in November. But the leaves have started turning in late October.

In fact, I have two birch trees and several oak trees in my backyard and the birch trees have already started dropping their leaves. They're not particularly colorful, however, but it does make me at least THINK of fall! Actually it feels great out on my patio in the mornings and evening and I like the leaves gently falling in the cool breeze.

Fall is definitely in the air!

Old 09-27-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Usually in this part of Texas, fall foliage peaks in November. But the leaves have started turning in late October.

In fact, I have two birch trees and several oak trees in my backyard and the birch trees have already started dropping their leaves. They're not particularly colorful, however, but it does make me at least THINK of fall! Actually it feels great out on my patio in the mornings and evening and I like the leaves gently falling in the cool breeze.

Fall is definitely in the air!
Yea, I figured that the peak date is in November (as in, when most are colourful) but not sure of the start date. I visited TX for the first time last November, flew in on November 7th. There was some colour, but not a whole ton, especially compared to Georgia. Geez, flying into Atlanta was so beautiful. I had only seen Atlanta in winter prior to that, so I hadn't seen it so leafy and a mix of orange and green. I believe that a few days after I left (November 13th I think?) the leafs in the Cisco area really started to turn and fall off.

I have a nice tall oak tree in front of my apartment, and I am really excited for it to start changing. Folks that live north of Florida don't know how nice it is to actually have seasonal variety

Old 09-27-2015, 10:04 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,318,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeopleAreStrange View Post
{snip}If you're looking for a place where actual temperatures and weather conditions don't ever deviate from what is average for that day, you're going to be very disappointed.
I know. It greatly disappoints me, very much so. To me it's like living a soap opera. Such is especially the case because I don't handle extreme heat or cold well and thus live for the period when it's 70-85 or so, only to find that it molests those temperatures worse than a Thailand teenage girl in the red light district. It's seems the weather gods in Texas are just flat out hateful and evil, frankly.

Old 09-28-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
I know. It greatly disappoints me, very much so. To me it's like living a soap opera. Such is especially the case because I don't handle extreme heat or cold well and thus live for the period when it's 70-85 or so, only to find that it molests those temperatures worse than a Thailand teenage girl in the red light district. It's seems the weather gods in Texas are just flat out hateful and evil, frankly.
Don't you think comparing Texas heat to sexual abuse in Thailand is... well... poor taste?

Old 09-29-2015, 12:10 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,068,148 times
Intellicast - Austin Historic Weather Averages in Texas (78723)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas