Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 09:08 AM

15,269 posts, read 35,637,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownewave View Post
This: The Beverage Shoppe - CLOSED - Beer, Wine & Spirits - 2230 Buckthorne Pl - The Woodlands, TX - Reviews - Photos - Yelp (there never were more than 30 in the state; this is one of only two I ever know of)
How does that show that that shop (now closed) was ever 'run by the state'? And how in the world would state owned stores compete with private stores - and I can list pages of private stores. Maybe I am missing something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 09:34 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
This: The Beverage Shoppe - CLOSED - Beer, Wine & Spirits - 2230 Buckthorne Pl - The Woodlands, TX - Reviews - Photos - Yelp (there never were more than 30 in the state; this is one of only two I ever know of)
This store is closed.

I have several friends who own restaurants. They buy their liquor and wine from regular package stores.

Old 10-07-2015, 05:13 PM

751 posts, read 1,482,694 times
Quote:
So you pick a CLOSED business to claim it was "state owned"? This was a PRIVATELY owned business that shut down, it was not owned by the state.

Again, NOPE!

So where do you get your info from, like "never more than 30 in the state"? I just can't take this at face value, I require some proof.

The state has plenty of privately and publicly held alcohol wholesalers, and I don't believe the state has a single state owned alcohol wholesaler.

You have failed again to prove your point.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:09 PM

Apparently the OP has decided to stop while he's behind.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:21 PM

751 posts, read 1,482,694 times
I'd rep you KathrynAragon, but I have to spread the love

Old 10-07-2015, 08:43 PM

398 posts, read 394,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
This store is closed.

I have several friends who own restaurants. They buy their liquor and wine from regular package stores.
One of three things. 1) you're lying 2) your friends are lying 3) they're breaking the law

Retailers can't buy from other retailers.
https://www.tabc.state.tx.us/laws/co.../AllTitles.pdf

Old 10-07-2015, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelsTX View Post
One of three things. 1) you're lying 2) your friends are lying 3) they're breaking the law

Or she meant regular privately held distributors. But counting up to four can be hard .

Old 10-07-2015, 09:55 PM

398 posts, read 394,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
Or she meant regular privately held distributors. But counting up to four can be hard .
That's not what she said or implied whatsoever. A "regular package store" is a regular liquor store. There's no debate. Nice try idiot.

How many times do I have to school you in this thread?

Old 10-08-2015, 06:50 AM

Quote:

I guess they're breaking the law then, if that's actually the law (I didn't bother reading the link - sorry, but it's just not a big deal to me one way or the other and the link you provided is 258 pages long - very boring reading of Texas law). I've actually gone with them to the package store to pick up a couple of cases of wine for the restaurant.

I will give no names!

It was good wine by the way. And it's a great restaurant too. I don't see the big deal.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 10-08-2015 at 07:11 AM..

Old 10-08-2015, 08:01 AM

Quote:
That's not what she said or implied whatsoever. A "regular package store" is a regular liquor store. There's no debate. Nice try idiot.

How many times do I have to school you in this thread?
Sigh. You said one of three things. Yes, that is not what she said, but it could possibly be more than one of three things. Could be that they were even giving alcohol away, which is legal as long as it is available to all who enter.

Now, I do believe that it is illegal to buy from a package store and resell at a licensed establishment, and the TABC will bust you, mainly because of the lack of the proper tax ID stamp. A huge risk for a business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas