U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-09-2009, 05:32 PM

36,786 posts, read 19,932,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyz View Post
The Best Burger I've had was in Austin at place called "The Tavern"...If I remember correctly, it's located on the corner of 12th & Lamar....Cool atmosphere too.
I was in Austin a few months ago, and there was a place called the Hang Town Grill in West Lake Hills. Excellent, and I plan to revisit next time I'm down. That's the best charbroiled burger I've had in Austin since they closed McCleskey's several years back.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 07:29 PM

137 posts, read 309,270 times
Amarillo--
Coyote Bluff. Period.
Hotter Than Hell Burger.
YUM.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:01 PM

38,755 posts, read 39,237,664 times
If you ever visit Big Bend, there is a great place in Terlingua, in the old theater, converted into a restaurant. Their burgers are half price one night a week (I think Tuesday) and are very very good, and reasonably priced at all times. The place has a wonderful atmosphere, a nice mix of tourists and locals.

Old 07-10-2009, 04:43 PM

6,875 posts, read 10,868,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
If you ever visit Big Bend, there is a great place in Terlingua, in the old theater, converted into a restaurant. Their burgers are half price one night a week (I think Tuesday) and are very very good, and reasonably priced at all times. The place has a wonderful atmosphere, a nice mix of tourists and locals.
That's probably the Starlight Theatre -- Home Page

It's been a popular place for a long, long time in Terlingua. Used to have no roof.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:14 PM

36,786 posts, read 19,932,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post

Name????

Old 07-10-2009, 08:44 PM

1,562 posts, read 2,739,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Name????
Read one post above yours.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:04 PM

6,875 posts, read 10,868,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
I was in Austin a few months ago, and there was a place called the Hang Town Grill in West Lake Hills. Excellent, and I plan to revisit next time I'm down. That's the best charbroiled burger I've had in Austin since they closed McCleskey's several years back.
I like Hang Town too!

Next time you are in Austin, try Mighty Fine Burgers -- it's a new chain by the Rudy's BBQ folks, but only in Austin right now. It is the new best burger I've ever had.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:48 PM

109 posts, read 279,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if this has been mentioned but the Food Network has declared that the best burger in Texas is at Perini Ranch steakhouse in Buffalo Gap, which is near Abilene. In fact, in our newspaper today, there's an article stating that Tom Perini will be on the Today Show tomorrow morning fixing his burger!

I've had the burger and it IS incredibly good! The kids got theirs on the homemade sourdough bun with fries but I got mine by itself with a choice of side dishes. Can't remember what side dishes I ordered but they were very different and very tasty!!!
Hi, Teatime,
I had steak when I visited the Perini Ranch steakhouse, and it was very good.
I had a bite out of my son's hamburger, and it was great as well.
Great ambience there, and Buffalo Gap is a cute, historic little town.
I wish I'd had more time to explore that area of Texas.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:43 PM

207 posts, read 363,863 times
Phil's Ice House on Burnet in Austin. Hut's is good too. Also, Kincaid's in Ft Worth is the most overated hamburger in the history of hamburgers.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:15 AM

1,552 posts, read 767,493 times
(in no particular order...)

Keller's in Dallas
Pete's in Lubbock (the original one on east 50th)
CharBurger Stockade in Kilgore
The Busy Bee in Maypearl
Herd's in Jacksboro
Pat's Place in New Braunfels
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas