Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 06:07 AM

62 posts, read 129,799 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, I was needing some advice on where to move in Texas, out of Austin, Dallas, or Houston. I am looking for the one that has the least traffic problems, least amount of crime, and good cheapest apartments. Also the place where they have the most entry level computer networking jobs to jump start my career. I have been looking online, but have not found anything yet. Can anyone give me any ideas, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 06:52 AM

3,494 posts, read 14,380,632 times
Austin-like the Silicon Valley of Texas. Dell is there, amongst other IT companies

Old 02-06-2008, 06:56 AM

Default Thanks for the input.

Thanks for the input, I have heard some good things about Dallas as well. As far as my career goes, you belive Austin would be better than Dallas.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:40 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,693,254 times
Research both. I know nothing about the tech industry and was told by someone on the boards that there is a strong tech presence in Dallas and also different types of IT related fields there. Austin is like the silicon valley but I think Dallas is giving it a run for its money.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:26 PM

Default Thanks Love Roses

Thanks for the information, I have heard from other boards too, that the IT presence is strong in Dallas as well. So what about the other things like the crime, traffic, and the cheap apartments? Do you think Austin wins out there with the better of the two.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:13 PM

212 posts, read 1,154,022 times
Aren't you planning to do anything besides work, drive, and sit in your apartment?

As others have mentioned, Austin and Dallas are both good places to be in terms of IT, but the cities are completely different in terms of the "vibe", things to do, places to go, etc. It might be a good idea to visit both and decide which one feels like a better fit to you.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:28 PM

Default Hello BlosmTX

Well, definetely I want to have a city where I can enjoy a variety of places to go and things to do. But my major concerns where with the first three things I mentioned earlier. I know that Austin, Dallas, and Houston have tons of things to offer as far as entertainment. That is a definete thing there. But you may have a point, it would be better just to go there, and see for myself. What is your opinions on both Austin, and Dallas, and what you like about each.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:07 AM

212 posts, read 1,154,022 times
I live in the Dallas area, but grew up in Austin. As far as overall quality of life, I prefer Austin. Dallas is nice, but Austin really feels more like home to me. It's just a personal preference.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:04 PM

Default Reply to BlosmTX

Thanks for the info. I am planning on trying to make a trip in the next couple of weeks, to see what's it like. I have a cousin there, and he loves it in Austin. So that is two votes for Austin, lol. Thanks for your opinions on Austin.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:13 PM

238 posts, read 766,999 times
The northern part of the Metroplex is where everybody is moving to. Seemingly, but they are. We've got a stable enough job market out here and jobs are plentiful, with new ones on just about every corner. Our suburbs are more livable around here and many neighborhoods are master-planned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas