U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 07:25 AM

52 posts, read 85,117 times

Advertisements

Thank you Lilipad but I already know the Dude Ranches....I founded one in Arizona where we want during spring 2005. It was great !
But those in Texas do not excite me, I don't know why, it is just a feeling !

Atxcio, The Lajtas place looks like what I am seeking...maybe a little bit too expensive ? Anyway, I sent a mail waiting for an answer about their best price for the "so you wanna be a cowboy" package. Then I can see if we can offer it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2008, 07:55 AM

7,138 posts, read 9,368,201 times
Yes, Lajitas looks exciting! Especially the spa services. Hope it is a fun place to visit for you. Let us know!

Old 02-09-2008, 10:09 AM

3,494 posts, read 9,635,806 times
there are lots of dude ranches in Bandera

Old 02-09-2008, 11:22 AM

7,138 posts, read 9,368,201 times
Are there any you recommend, belles?

Old 02-09-2008, 11:37 AM

At the Lajitas, kids must be 14 and over to be allowed to ride and 16 and older for guns.....

too bad for me ! My sons are 12 and 14

Old 02-09-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Are there any you recommend, belles?
Exactly what I wanted to ask

Old 02-09-2008, 03:25 PM

8,063 posts, read 11,505,204 times
Buffalo Gap popped into my mind when I saw this thread. West Texas just has that "Old West" feel.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:37 AM

21 posts, read 130,518 times
I was reading some of the stuff ya'll wrote and noticed ya'll been talking alot about these resort type dude ranches and stuff, you can't find no real cowboys on "dude ranches" not in Texas or anywhere else, you may as well go to Billy Bobs night club in Fort Worth looking for us, you won't be finding us there neither.. If real sure enough cowboys is what your really wanting to see you can find us here and there, in differant parts of Texas but not in a resort dude ranch, and not in some big fancy bar with a western name tacked on it, theres a real good Chris Ledoux song he did a long while back called "Ya just can't see him from the road" it's a song about the working cowboys of America, most people don't even know we exisit because they never see us, and what little of us they do see they can't understand.

Most city folk like to steer clear of us when they do see us cause we're usually pretty dirty, and a good bit of the time we don't usualy smell real good neither, but we do have a rough life most times, it's a life that we love, and one that we choose that consists of long hours, and very little money for what we put into it, but we do have an important job, to give you a little idea as to just how it is, the next time you sit down and enjoy a steak dinner, or have a nice big cold glass of milk ya might just think about it.

Enjoy the great state of Texas, I do personaly think it's the best place on earth and I hope all you people from other places feel that way about it to, and by the way, if you do visit one of them resort dude ranches, make sure you tell that nice clean cut, smell good cowboy in the wal-mart boots, and designer jeans that he might need to get some blisters on his hands, some dirt on his boots, and even step in some cow dung every once in while so he might look and smell like a "REAL" cowboy..

GOD BLESS TEXAS!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/hgary2003/codylaesueur1.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by CHRISTIAN_COWBOY24; 02-10-2008 at 02:29 AM..

Old 02-11-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISTIAN_COWBOY24 View Post
I was reading some of the stuff ya'll wrote and noticed ya'll been talking alot about these resort type dude ranches and stuff, you can't find no real cowboys on "dude ranches" not in Texas or anywhere else, you may as well go to Billy Bobs night club in Fort Worth looking for us, you won't be finding us there neither.. If real sure enough cowboys is what your really wanting to see you can find us here and there, in differant parts of Texas but not in a resort dude ranch, and not in some big fancy bar with a western name tacked on it, theres a real good Chris Ledoux song he did a long while back called "Ya just can't see him from the road" it's a song about the working cowboys of America, most people don't even know we exisit because they never see us, and what little of us they do see they can't understand.

Most city folk like to steer clear of us when they do see us cause we're usually pretty dirty, and a good bit of the time we don't usualy smell real good neither, but we do have a rough life most times, it's a life that we love, and one that we choose that consists of long hours, and very little money for what we put into it, but we do have an important job, to give you a little idea as to just how it is, the next time you sit down and enjoy a steak dinner, or have a nice big cold glass of milk ya might just think about it.

Enjoy the great state of Texas, I do personaly think it's the best place on earth and I hope all you people from other places feel that way about it to, and by the way, if you do visit one of them resort dude ranches, make sure you tell that nice clean cut, smell good cowboy in the wal-mart boots, and designer jeans that he might need to get some blisters on his hands, some dirt on his boots, and even step in some cow dung every once in while so he might look and smell like a "REAL" cowboy..

GOD BLESS TEXAS!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/hgary2003/codylaesueur1.jpg (broken link)

I totally agree with you Christian_cowboy24 !

You know, I have two horses living at home: one Quarter-Horse and one Haflinger. That means some dirty jobs as to clean the paddock daily, brush them before a ride and after, rasp their hoofs, take care of them in a general way.
So when I go for a ride, my shirt, my jacket, my jeans and my boots are not clean and never fancy. And I'm sure, I don't smell the Number five of Chanel (which is not my favorite perfum anyway) and my hair are attached under my helmet (a Troxel I bought at e-bay US)

But if I want to meet real cowboys in the USA, maybe I have to go in a ranch which is note a dude one but maybe a ranch for breeding or somethink like that. Before that I have to ask the owner to visit his ranch and before that I have to identify some ranchers. Not easy.

That is why I have opened this post: to have a maximum of advices

Old 02-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $84,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

14,575 posts, read 21,259,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizona_girl View Post
But if I want to meet real cowboys in the USA, maybe I have to go in a ranch which is note a dude one but maybe a ranch for breeding or somethink like that.
If your goal is to meet cowboys, there's no better place to do that than a rodeo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas