Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 10:37 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,790,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The root problem is we (Texas) shouldn't have to ask, beg or cater to the Federal Government to get OUR tax dollars back so that WE can fund our schools. Those dollars are taken from us in the first place, it's not like the Feds are creating those billions of dollars.
Consequently we as taxpayers shouldn't have to be asked what our gender is. The state has no business being our nanny. Those dollars are taken from us in the first place.

Old 05-28-2016, 10:58 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
Your quotes literally say there are differences, just that they're not clear-cut. It's all tendencies and averages. Just because there isn't a neat dilleneation doesn't mean that there aren't structures more typical of male brains and structures more typical of female brains. With how complicated the human brain is, it's impressive that you've managed to solve the mysteries of transgenderism.

Also, most crucial of all, have you gotten to know a transgender person? Do you know what the science and medical and psychological communities say about transgender people? They all disagree with you. There's a sound process of psychological and medical evaluation before someone is allowed to transition.
All of this is so regressive toward the many years of feminist progress. It reinforces the gender norms much worse than even reactionary conservatives you are pretending to be against.

When transsexuals and transgender activists argue that studies show their brain microstructure is more feminine, such studies are poorly replicable, and only give us a very shaky foundation for such a view. The most unequivocal evidence that I know of is that brain micro-structures are produced by long-continued behavior, rather than long-established brain structures causing the behavior. The brain changes physically in response to our behavior such as London taxi drivers have an enlarged part of the brain dealing with navigation, violinists a larger area dealing with movement of the fingers of the left hand. So there is no evidence that people are born with brain micro-structures unalterable ever after - but there is strong experimental evidence that experience changes that micro-structure. Transsexual brain differences would be more likely the result of transsexual behavior than its cause if there are any similarities with the "female" brain.

Quote:
TRANSGENDERISM: these scientific authorities demonstrate with exhaustive research and great analytic detail that there are no meaningful differences between male and female brains, making implausible all arguments about transgenderism that depend on a connection between one’s brain and their sex.
The brain-sex theory of transsexualism has never been easy to reconcile with clinical reality: Homosexual and nonhomosexual MtF transsexualism are so different clinically that it is almost impossible to imagine that they could have the same etiology. Nevertheless, for a time the Zhou/Kruijver data gave the brain-sex theory a certain superficial plausibility. In 2002, Chung et al. reported new data that raised serious doubts about the brain-sex theory, but the authors were able to explain why the theory might still be plausible. The new data reported by Hulshoff Pol et al. in 2006 did not invalidate these explanations, but it rendered them largely irrelevant. The simplest and most plausible explanation of the Zhou/Kruijver findings is that they are attributable, completely or predominantly, to the effects of cross-sex hormone therapy administered during adulthood. There is no longer any reason to postulate anything more complicated.

The brain-sex theory was never helpful in explaining clinical observations; now it has become irrelevant to explaining neuroanatomical observations. It is time to abandon the brain-sex theory of transsexualism and to adopt a more plausible and clinically relevant theory in its place.

A Critique of the Brain-Sex Theory of Transsexualism article by Anne A. Lawrence, M.D., Ph.D., 2007

Westerner92, for as many studies you can cite I can assure you there is ample evidence to the contrary because the "science" behind transgenderism is being exposed as flawed.

As was the hormone imbalance in transgender children:
"
Quote:
We've now put to rest the residual belief that transgender experience is a result of a hormone imbalance. It's not," Dr. Johanna Olson, who practices adolescent medicine at Children's Hospital Los Angeles, said in a hospital news release. -
Transgender Youth Don't Have Hormone Abnormalities | UCLA Health Library - Los Angeles, CA

Old 05-28-2016, 11:07 AM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
accept Obama's transgender bathroom directive. Think about that for a second. The people Y'ALL elected are willing to sacrifice the quality of YOUR child's education for an issue as small as trans people being able to choose which bathroom to use. Who the EFF cares which bathroom they decide to use, let them do what they want, it's not your life and it doesn't affect you. If someone abuses the system, then let them be punished. I'm gay and yes I stared at all of your sons in the locker room when I was in high school but I never did anything illegal. GET OVER IT.
We can find other ways to finance education, and we'll have a new president shortly, so I'm not worried. The federal government, as evil as it's become, has no business getting into our bathrooms or our personal lives. Our bathrooms have nothing to do with educating our kids. Kudos to Governor Abbott for standing up to people like Obama who just want to destroy our state and our well-being.

Old 05-28-2016, 04:14 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,477,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
We can find other ways to finance education, and we'll have a new president shortly, so I'm not worried. The federal government, as evil as it's become, has no business getting into our bathrooms or our personal lives. Our bathrooms have nothing to do with educating our kids. Kudos to Governor Abbott for standing up to people like Obama who just want to destroy our state and our well-being.
That is right. The government should not be policing our bathrooms, which includes the public school districts and states. This is what happens when we have local and state governments, such as North Carolina, policing our bathrooms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GXIaHjZ-Ok

Old 05-28-2016, 05:34 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,773,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
That is right. The government should not be policing our bathrooms, which includes the public school districts and states. This is what happens when we have local and state governments, such as North Carolina, policing our bathrooms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GXIaHjZ-Ok
I'd say the media has far too much time on their hands. Bless their hearts, they have a red hot topic in their radar and they're fanning it for all it's worth. Real or staged, videos such as this go viral, media jumps on them and like a dog with a bone, there's no letting go. Furthermore, they've got to add their opinionated two cents worth, all the time acting like they are the alpha and omega and making smear remarks about anyone who doesn't fall dead into line with their personal views. These two like to say what they think is wrong with the country. That's fine. One of the worst things I find wrong with the country is the media. I know one thing, if I had to live inside either one of these two know-it-all arrogant a**hole jerk reporter's skin, I'd have to slit my throat.

Just my opinion, but damn, this Pandora's box needs to be closed and closed fast.

Old 05-28-2016, 05:46 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,790,281 times
Keep cops out of womens (and mens) bathrooms!

Old 05-30-2016, 08:39 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,259,038 times
Nothing like sacrificing education in the name of hatred and bigotry. It's the Republican way! Way to go guys. How's that whole "slavery never happened" thing workin' out for ya?

Old 05-31-2016, 08:05 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Nothing like sacrificing education in the name of hatred and bigotry. It's the Republican way! Way to go guys. How's that whole "slavery never happened" thing workin' out for ya?
This has zero to do with hatred or bigotry and I've never met a single person in Texas who denied that slavery happened...

Go be ignorant somewhere else.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:14 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
Exactly, who denied slavery? The poster was not just talking about Texans but all republicans and I find that weird because I've never heard of a republican denying slavery.

Old 05-31-2016, 10:06 AM

5,265 posts, read 6,405,851 times
Quote:
Texans but all republicans and I find that weird because I've never heard of a republican denying slavery.
Deniers that slavery was the primary cause of the Civil War, not that it existed at all.

Though if you've read anything at all about the proposed changes to Texas history textbooks, 'worker' is a legitimate substitute to describe the enslaved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas