Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 09:58 AM

439 posts, read 436,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
You keep referencing the school you went to but surely you realize you are now living in a different era? It is disturbing that we do have the higher crime rate now, but the fact is simply we do and no, people are not just accepting it as status quo as you seem to imply. You needn't act like you are the only one fighting mad about the evils going on in our world today, but the reality is bad things are happening, on your watch or not.

You say crime is worse here than where you came from 2 months ago. You don't say where you came from and when you say "crime is very prevalent here" I'm assuming you're including all of Texas? Are you saying the entire state (or country) you just recently moved from has low to no crime? If that is the case, I do believe I would have remained in that Mayberry state of existence.

One thing is for sure, talking will help draw awareness to a problem, but it doesn't solve the problem. Elections are right around the corner. You have a candidate who is advocating law and order, vote for him. This country needs a much firmer grip on law and order. We need to be able to respect our police officers, our judges and others who uphold the law and make our country a safer place to live.

No one here is condoning the violence, the drugs, the murders, rapes, etc., but we do acknowledge the fact that crime, in all sense of the word, is much too prevalent. I will say you are not going to pinpoint the problem with one broad sweep of the brush. Granted, poor parenting certainly can be a factor, but turn it around and you will also see kids that came from the worse environments, the worst home life imaginable with absolutely no support from either parent and yet turn out to be exemplary citizens of the community. On the other hand, the very opposite can happen with kids who have been raised such as yours. I'm not going to say it's a hit and miss situation because I do believe the odds for the better outcome do occur in homes where parents do care and do pay attention to their children and do teach values and respect. I'm just saying the error of margin is ever present and you seem to have such an air of self righteousness that it defeats your sense of moral indignation.
While we should avoid stumbling up our children by getting out of their way in order to allow them to grow up, not everyone follows that philosophy. A Marxist operates by subverting the people of their natural rights. We should be involving ourselves in the war against the false principalities and powers. My own father taught me in matters concerning being a Texan and, more important, being an American.

Old 10-21-2016, 10:02 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,582,625 times
Most of the contributions to this thread, including the OP, are about global issues related to parenting, drug use, and the prevalence of such in college or other settings. Not particular to Texas. Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas