Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2017, 02:09 PM

3,245 posts, read 5,583,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Looking at the thread title, it's obvious that it is a question that cannot truly be answered. After all, we're talking about a state of some 26,000,000 and growing population.
Well for what its worth we could be a state of only 26 persons and there would be polarization. Most residents have opinions on this.

Unfortunately it (the thread) drifted from that original subject into national politics, personal insults, condescension, innuendos, and baseless opinions.

Last edited by BobTex; 04-21-2017 at 03:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 03:16 PM

And interesting direction the thread went this last few posts with So what I gather if you're a small thinker and you have nothing then you resort to personal attack. Typical ploy of the Left. Reminds me of the Leftist media propaganda outlets, fake news (propaganda/lies) and personal insult.

Attacks at my manhood? Really??? My true Texan manhood???? I laughed heartily at that.

Again the horselady was behind the 8-ball with no substance just feigned indignance and veiled insults . Empty sack.

Build the wall, interrupt the flow of law breaking border crossing in any way possible. What nation on Earth doesn't protect its borders and monitor those coming into that nation? NONE!!!!!!!

Old 04-21-2017, 03:56 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,018,560 times
Wall over land owners rights to land theyve paid for, had in their families for generations? They are the ones most affected, right? Lawsuits have already been filed agaibst the trump letters some families already received.

Eminent domain 1000s of miles of land, have tax payers fund 20-40 billions over 20 yrs, never actually build the wall = corporations/US government eventually sell the land for more than they paid the owners. That's the truth behind this wall BS

Everyone knows this wall is a pipedream. Even if it starts it wouldnt be finished until well after trump leaves the presidency and itll get killed then but land owners still will have lost their land

Wall will never get built and everyone knows it
Why else is the TX republican party, governor completely silent on this issue instead of down south on TV pushing for it

Old 04-21-2017, 05:54 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,736,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
More backbone? Because I point out that incivility and boorishness do not reflect strength but, rather, it's exact opposite and are a clear indicator of over-compensating for various lacks? Well, bless your heart, hon. A truly strong man doesn't have to behave in the way that some are behaving here, and the need to do so is actually an indicator of a fear of being "browbeat" intellectually, something no truly strong man would consider a possibility.
Do you feel better now, "hon"? I truly hope so, bless your heart.

Let me ask if, as you say, "incivility and boorishness do not reflect strength but, rather, it's exact opposite and are a clear indicator of over-compensating for various lacks?" what do the traits of overbearing and condescending reflect upon a person's character? I almost added "hon" to the end of this question, but crap, I've already used it once to exploit my point and it's just not my style. But on the other hand, I hate to think the term condescending is going to fly right over your head and I know it is, so what the heck, I've been known to fight fire with fire, so why not, "hon"?

You should bear in mind that when you (male or female) use snarky remarks in an overbearing condescending tone, you open the door for retaliation regardless if it comes from a male or a female.

To try and act so shocked, like you are some shrinking violet, holding one hand to your bosom and the other hand on your forehead and saying, "Oh mah word, I cannot believe you could be such a cad" is downright laughable, "hon".

Old 04-21-2017, 06:18 PM

2,502 posts, read 2,176,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Don't want to get muddy? Best stay away from the mud slingin. Where's your common sense, boy? This thread has devolved into more than a church quiltin' bee if you haven't noticed.

I've been blount, I've not been uncivil. In the event I was insulted (which there have been more than a few insults aimed at me) then the rules change. This woman has definitely not presented herself a lady thus I matched her projected station. Not sure you are aware of what Texan is anyway, pilgrim. Your weak effort at judging was, well, weak!

1. I am no boy, I am a woman. If I was a man and someone called me boy in public I would consider that fighting words.

2. You need to work on your spelling.

3. I am a 3rd + generation Texan and I was taught that Texans have manners that you have been lacking. They aren't necessarily Southern manners but they exist nevertheless.

Old 04-22-2017, 12:24 AM

1,534 posts, read 2,754,388 times
http://www.texaslyceum.org/resources...%20Release.pdf

According to this recent poll, 61% of adult Texans oppose the wall...

Glad that Texans appear more sensible than Trump.

The wall will not only not solve immigration issues but likely make them worse: by further empowering the coyotes and narco-traffickers, creating further debt peonage, destabilizing Northern Mexico further, creating more impetus to flee to the United States.

As noted above, the eminent domain issues will be massive. The vast majority of the land along the border is privately owned.
Texans do not like it when the government tries to expropriate their land. Look what happened to Rick Perry's Trans Texas corridor.

There is no question that comprehensive immigration reform is needed, along with the changing of decades-long failure of war on drug policies which have not decreased drug use, and seriously exacerbated border issues... IF NAFTA has been bad for American workers, it has been disastrous for Mexican ones. A wall will not address any of these issues.

The wall will enrich the cronies of Trump who will make a nice bit of money by building it, and it will create the illusion that the problems are actually being addressed.

The wall is a medieval solution to a 21st century problem. I have hope that the majority of Texans are smart enough to see what a dumb and expensive an idea the wall is is

Old 04-22-2017, 09:00 AM

716 posts, read 533,192 times
so whats your answer beside we need comprehensive immigration reform? thats just liberal speak allow them to stay - don't deport them - its wrong - etc etc etc

your next great idea will be drones - or tv cameras ? tell us how a drone of tv camera will arrest a illegals - then you will say we need more border patrol - then you will complain they are hurting them and its cruel to arrest them-

i bet you want to legalize drugs too -

if your going to complain about someones beliefs - back it up with a least minimal suggestions as to what YOU would do - thats the way have a proper debate -

walls to work - look at so calf in san diego - your going to tell us that its not working? yes some are going to dig - some are going to climb - but a wall is a hell of alot better that 2 pieces or barb wire -

next your going to say what about the river - nobody said a wall will be built there - thats just common sense -

property rights- lets see did you complain when land was taken for national highway systems? did you complain when the govt made national parks or monument status of the vast deserts so that nobody could use? the land - the land actually on the boarder may in fact be private owned - you make it sound like these land owners are going to loose their entire land -when in fact it will be a hundred feet at most-- as sometimes we have to do whats best for the entire nation - not just a few -
what about those land owners who's property is destroyed by the illegals? There are places in AZ and Calif where they spot signs in the parks do not camp there - not enter at night - thats not the america i want to live in- governments 1st role to protect the nation and the wall is part of that - even at the expense of a few-

Old 04-22-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
1. I am no boy, I am a woman. If I was a man and someone called me boy in public I would consider that fighting words.
Well, it was certainly evident by your screen name that you were a woman. Fightin' words .... ha!

Quote:
2. You need to work on your spelling.
I'll do corrections when you post a pic of your spelling police badge.

Quote:
3. I am a 3rd + generation Texan and I was taught that Texans have manners that you have been lacking.
All hat and no cattle. I have both.

As stated, most folks have opinions ... that's just yours and means nothing ... just the same as name calling so go ahead and huff and puff. Your feigned indignation is empty.

Quote:
They aren't necessarily Southern manners but they exist nevertheless.
You, woman, are not qualified to judge manners, just no gravitas. You're just one of the minions of keyboard ninjas .... pfffftttt!

Old 01-23-2019, 12:34 AM

208 posts, read 197,120 times
Bob, this is one of very few threads I have read from start to finish. I must say you have spent a lot of time insulting others in support of 45’s wall.
Your use of this forum as a bully pulpit would make your mentor (45) happy. For those of you that attempted early on to reason with Bob, do not confuse him with facts, upsets his false narrative.

Proposed wall on Texas soil, Texans give up Land and access to Rio Grand water. Mexico will not pay for the wall, Texans waste their tax dollars. 45 wins Texans do not. Sounds about right for a red state.

Bob, I am reminded of something my old pappy told me long ago. He said that you can educate the dumb folks, you can support the special need folks, but you just cannot fix stupid. Sorry to say I think pop would have put you in the last category.

If you must respond, go to it. But just know this, I believe that the last category is sadly true. Thus I will not come back to this thread to read any more or respond.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:27 AM

67,655 posts, read 60,273,788 times
Wow.

Bless all y'all's hearts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas