U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 03:30 PM

35,378 posts, read 17,907,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I-35W south of Ft Worth (once you get through the construction just south of FtW) to Hillsboro is fine, but from there south, it's a disaster. Hillsboro to Waco and Austin to San Antonio are best avoided. I find it much more pleasant to take the back way to San Antonio from Ft Worth (281). It's not appreciably longer. I pick up 281 in Hico, and it's nice from there on.
I'd just be tempted to go through Ft. Worth instead of Dallas on my next trip to San Antonio. I go through Dallas all the time, but on most of my vacations, it's usually 5 in the morning when I do it (I like to get an early jump). That won't be the case on my next trip. Since I'm considering making a doctor's appointment in Corinth the morning I'm supposed to go out of town, I'll just take that stretch instead. As for 281, sorry. It will have to be another trip for me, but I don't want to miss Austin. It's one of the highlights on my way down.

As for the rest of the route, I don't have many issues with it right now, as some projects I've seen are finished. I know Hillsboro has a couple of things still going on, as well as Waco, Georgetown, and South Austin, but I've been pretty patient with all that. I think New Braunfels is finished, though, but that construction had taken forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 06:44 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,612,873 times
I live in the Hill Country, about a mile from US 281. No one, and I mean NO ONE around here ever takes 35 to the metroplex. We just zip up 281 and then cut over at whichever spot is most convenient to our destination.

Actually I once took 35 back from DFW airport. But my flight landed at 10:30PM and it was about 11:30 by the time I retrieved my car and left the airport.

golfgod

Old 03-08-2008, 08:11 AM

7,138 posts, read 8,924,510 times
I avoid it at all costs, and always take an alternate route. If I have to go over toward Dallas, will take 82E and drop down on I 75 at Sherman. Is a mostly pleasant drive, until I 75. But preferable to the horror of I35.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas