Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite TX city to live, work, and play?
Abilene 1 0.59%
Amarillo 2 1.18%
Austin-Round Rock-San Marcos 27 15.98%
Beaumont-Port Arthur 2 1.18%
Brownsville-Harlingen 1 0.59%
College Station-Bryan 2 1.18%
Corpus Christi 4 2.37%
Dallas-Ft. Worth-Arlington 35 20.71%
El Paso 1 0.59%
Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land 35 20.71%
Killeen-Temple-Ft. Hood 0 0%
Laredo 0 0%
Longview 0 0%
Lubbock 3 1.78%
McAllen-Edinburg-Mission 4 2.37%
Midland-Odessa 0 0%
San Angelo 2 1.18%
San Antonio-New Braunfels 34 20.12%
Sherman-Denison 1 0.59%
Texarkana 0 0%
Tyler 7 4.14%
Victoria 1 0.59%
Waco 5 2.96%
Wichita Falls 2 1.18%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 05:34 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFiNerd1 View Post
My wife and I are seriously considering a move to Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex. We would like to live in a more central location just in case if our jobs change to Dallas or Ft. Worth.

It looks like that Colleyville, Euless, Irving, and Coppell are centrally located. Are Euless and Irving older but still safe areas?
I grew up in Euless - I wouldn't call it 'older', as most of the housing was built in the early 80s to 2000s. From what I gather of its current state, it seems to still be safe, boring suburb adjacent to excellent school districts.

Maybe someone with more recent experience can elaborate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 09:36 AM

2,134 posts, read 2,117,737 times
Quote:
I also like San Antonio. Austin is my favorite city in Texas. If I could afford it, I would live there in a heartbeat.

My wife and I will settle for Mid-Cities in Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex for its somewhat lower cost of living, four seasons, and close distance to our families in Arkansas.
If you're considering the Mid-Cities region, I'd encourage you to make frequent visits to Grapevine. It's a decent suburb that usually has a lot of events going on. I'd also encourage you to really get out and explore the cities of Dallas & Fort Worth. Lots of events going on and several great neighborhoods to explore.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:48 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,312,074 times
Waco, Arlington, Sugar Land, San Marvelous (Marcos) Round Rock, P-Ville, not in any particular order.

Old 06-17-2017, 10:31 PM

3,217 posts, read 2,357,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Dallas is humid.

Dallas is NO where humid. Its average summer humidity. Spend time in any gulf coast city and Florida and you will know what humid is. Dallas compared to Denver or Southern California is humid but those areas get so little rainfall, they have higher natural fire danger.

Old 06-17-2017, 10:35 PM

3,217 posts, read 2,357,555 times
I hope you didn't go to metro Denver unless you got a hell of a raise! I interviewed there and know someone who relocated from D/FW three years ago. I researched online and contacted my acquaintance there. Both sources confirmed that Housing is MUCH more expensive than D/FW - 25% higher on average.

Old 06-18-2017, 06:47 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,380,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1962 View Post
Dallas is NO where humid. Its average summer humidity. Spend time in any gulf coast city and Florida and you will know what humid is. Dallas compared to Denver or Southern California is humid but those areas get so little rainfall, they have higher natural fire danger.
Its humid compared to West Texas.I knew its not as humid as Houston or Florida but its humid compared to where I live.

Old 06-20-2017, 09:15 AM

525 posts, read 719,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1962 View Post
Is Dallas' humidity similar to Little Rock? I have people telling me that it may be hotter in Dallas but definitely more dry making it more tolerable than here in Little Rock.

Do you agree or disagree? The climate on the internet looks similar except Texas is hotter.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:13 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,788,728 times
Quote:
Is Dallas' humidity similar to Little Rock? I have people telling me that it may be hotter in Dallas but definitely more dry making it more tolerable than here in Little Rock.

Do you agree or disagree? The climate on the internet looks similar except Texas is hotter.
Dallas is a humid city. Annually, it has higher average dew points than most of the continental U.S. But it usually doesn't get a lot of rainfall, and during the peak of summer the temps get high enough to make the humidity less noticeable. I would say it's pretty comparable to Little Rock.

Right now both Dallas and Houston have a dew point of 70, which means they both have the same amount of moisture in the air, despite one being closer to the ocean.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:02 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,084,282 times
Quote:

Average summer temps ARE hotter in Dallas, because the wet moist air in Little Rock in the summer can not "heat up" as fast therefore, "as much" as "dry air". But simply put, DFW in the summer because of less trees for shade and far more concrete/asphalt to reflect "heat," or "heat producing or reproducing," is much more "uncomfortable" than Little Rock, imo.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:55 AM

525 posts, read 719,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
Average summer temps ARE hotter in Dallas, because the wet moist air in Little Rock in the summer can not "heat up" as fast therefore, "as much" as "dry air". But simply put, DFW in the summer because of less trees for shade and far more concrete/asphalt to reflect "heat," or "heat producing or reproducing," is much more "uncomfortable" than Little Rock, imo.
My wife and I will be visiting Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex in mid-July. We will see what it is like during summer.

With me being from Minnesota, I had a hard time adjusting to Little Rock's hot and humid summers over the years. Now I am more used to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas