Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 02:06 PM

3,887 posts, read 2,199,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicAries View Post
City proper has around 140,000 with a Metropolitan of 450,000.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2017, 11:53 PM

17 posts, read 31,466 times
I'm pretty sure this is the place I'll most seriously look at, if I go with Killeen. It's under my budget, and has everything I need, and accepts cats. Like I said, I don't need anything fancy, just the basics. My only main concern is that the building doesn't have crime scene tape on any of the doors, lol. I am fully aware that this is most likely not in the best of areas, but as long as it's an "okay" area, I think I'll be fine.

1015 Hall Ave - Killeen, TX | Apartment Finder

I'll keep exploring other areas, as well, but for now, this place is on my list.

I'm also very seriously considering this complex... it seems to have decent ratings/reviews, and from what I can tell on Google Earth, it seems to be in a fairly nice area.

http://www.creekwoodapts.net/index.aspx

Last edited by spyrou77; 06-13-2017 at 12:43 AM..

Old 06-18-2017, 07:57 PM

23 posts, read 42,667 times
I live in Copperas Cove (Killeen's neighbor to the west). I would not recommend the apartment on Hall. It's in the worst part of town. There will probably be some crime scene tape from time to time.The apartment complex is also not in a great area, but being gated may give you some sense of security. Make sure to keep your doors and car locked because anyone can get an access code. I'm not really sure where you are coming from and what your idea of an "okay" area is. Killeen is a little rough around the edges, and they have a lot of crime (just google Killeen homicides), but if you are not involved in a high-risk lifestyle and have some common sense, you probably won't have a problem.
Personally, I would look in the Stan Schlutter (South of or on 190 ) area of Killeen , Harker Heights or Cove and avoid anything with proximity to Rancier or downtown (number streets). Be careful of anything that is a duplex, quadroplex or multiplex because the landlords/ rental companies can be pretty shady and they are usually dumps. Definitely google reviews of any rental company before you sign any contracts.

Old 06-18-2017, 09:09 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Yes if you must rent in Killeen. Avoid avoid avoid the duplexes and quaplexes neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas