Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2008, 10:45 PM

233 posts, read 835,293 times

Advertisements

Hi-
What's The Best Mexican Restaurant in Fort Stockton??

I've been working on a road trip there since 2004, when I skirted the edge of it going to my adopted home of Lubbock from Big Bend when I was an undergrad at Tech...I'm a proud May 2005 graduate of there B.S. Human Dev. & Fam. Studies.

I have distant cousins in Abilene (Merkel) who may be able to help me accomplish this b/c I am not directional. Another friend who is not motivated about Fort Stockton is taking me to Abilene when we have a free weekend.

Thanks,
fallguy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 11:08 PM

360 posts, read 1,087,238 times
There's a restaurant there called Sarah's that's been run by the same family for decades that I've seen mentioned in guidebooks. I remember seeing a best-of-the-Big-Bend poll in the Big Bend Gazette back in the 90's that named them best Mexican restaurant in the region. Definitely a place I plan to try one day.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:58 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Sheesh, good luck finding anything besides I-Hop there. We just left after staying the night, and we were amazed at how much stuff was there, but is now closed/abandoned. We ate breakfast at Pepita's and got on the Imperial Highway as fast as we could yesterday morning.

My son had the misfortune of having nature call while on the Imperial Highway, and we stopped at the only gas station in town, and their bathroom was out of order. I got out to ask the man myself where the closest one was, and he pointed me over to the public restroom by the water tower. Bonus points--they actually had paper in the women's room--I guess the panic made me have to go, too.

The previous night, we stopped and asked where a good restaurant was, and the man behind the counter told us quite excitedly that there was an IHOP and a MackDonald's over off the feeder road.

They even have a movie theater that plays one movie at a time.

Guess we need a tour guide on our next visit out this way.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:49 AM

Thank you to all respondents.

vantexan, unfortunately Sarah's Cafe Mexican Restaurant closed about 2 years ago.
That was one on my list that I didn't make it to.

I'll let y'all know when/if I make it to Fort Stockton.

I've heard of at least 2 Mexican Restaurants there-Bienvenidos & Mi Casita.

Heard of/been to these??

Thanks again & ttyl,
fallguy

Old 03-18-2008, 09:17 AM

1,194 posts, read 3,973,903 times
The enchiladas at the truck stop are not that bad. Mi Casita was closed when I was in Fort Stockton last month.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:03 PM

Thanks to all respondents.

Talk to y'all soon,
fallguy

Old 04-15-2008, 05:56 PM

Well, I found out today my distant cousins in Abilene (Merkel) can't help me with
Fort Stockton. Now I'm researching who can help me with Fort Stockton.

Talk to y'all later,
fallguy

Old 08-17-2010, 09:50 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,564,796 times
I was planning to spend the night here in mid-October while driving from Tucson to San Antonio, but I guess I'll have to pick another city along I-10.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas