Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2018, 09:15 AM

5 posts, read 23,038 times

Advertisements

I noticed a lot of these posts are older...how is Midland/Odessa now? My husband and I are considering a relocation to the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2018, 04:27 PM

23,690 posts, read 9,236,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by showmeclaibo View Post
I noticed a lot of these posts are older...how is Midland/Odessa now? My husband and I are considering a relocation to the area.
I really dislike living in Midland.....housing is impossible to find practically....what is your budget for housing?

Old 11-11-2018, 05:44 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,038,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by showmeclaibo View Post
What would change, just more of the same, I'm a poet and didn't know it, lol. Oh me, slow day.

Old 12-06-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
I'm not compatible with 99% of the people in the area but I don't really care cause I'm a strong introvert who spends most of his free time on the Internet. But you hit the nail here; if you're an extrovert who doesn't go to church, you'll likely find this area miserable, at least when it comes to a social life (or lack thereof.)
Ya your right....Im an extrovert more or less and i would be very miserable if i did not go to church due to no social life.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:34 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,038,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Ya your right....Im an extrovert more or less and i would be very miserable if i did not go to church due to no social life.
Again, I REALLY think you should be paid by city data, for keeping the discussions goin'. You just responded to a 8-26-18 response from poster, when the thread was laying dormant, lol

Keep up the good work, at least this gives ME something to respond to. You got those retalking about Waco with the thread, that almost went off the main screen.

Come on city-data, he's about 25 years old and needs some income other than the "passive" income he has referred to. Let's give this hard worker full employment. lol

Or as he has pointed out he needs to find that Church of Christ, sweetheart to make his bride, THEN he would have challenge goin' on in his life.

Old 12-07-2018, 02:32 PM

509 posts, read 724,097 times
I don't live in Midland-Odessa, but I travelled there for work for a couple years recently. The entire point of living there is to make $$$. Scenery is in short supply, but so what? Its like the gold rush - come make your money, SAVE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN, and get out when the boom ends. When everything is expensive, why spend any money you don't have to? If you decide you want to stay long term, just wait until the next bust and buy yourself a nice house really cheap with the money you saved.

Otherwise, you can find plenty of jobs in Houston, DFW etc. but the money probably won't be as good.

Old 12-11-2018, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston parent View Post
I don't live in Midland-Odessa, but I travelled there for work for a couple years recently. The entire point of living there is to make $$$. Scenery is in short supply, but so what? Its like the gold rush - come make your money, SAVE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN, and get out when the boom ends. When everything is expensive, why spend any money you don't have to? If you decide you want to stay long term, just wait until the next bust and buy yourself a nice house really cheap with the money you saved.

Otherwise, you can find plenty of jobs in Houston, DFW etc. but the money probably won't be as good.
ya your rite...theres lots of money to be made here but it wont last forever as you referred to.

Old 08-10-2019, 04:39 PM

2 posts, read 1,191 times
How is Midland/Odessa area these days? Its been a while for an update. Is the possibility to earn more money still booming around the area. I'm considering moving to the area to increase my earning$.

Old 08-10-2019, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBrock45 View Post
How is Midland/Odessa area these days? Its been a while for an update. Is the possibility to earn more money still booming around the area. I'm considering moving to the area to increase my earning$.
Hi,Midland is still booming and overcrowded with lots of traffic.It also still has really high cost of living.You can still make great money as a roughneck

Old 10-23-2023, 02:53 PM

3,950 posts, read 2,931,651 times
Bumping this thread instead of starting a new one.

There is a program at UTPB that I am interested in. I would have to live there for a year at least, possibly 2. What if life like in 2023? I am from San Antonio and have lived in small towns before so I don’t think it will be a huge culture shock. I know it will be boring but I will keep myself entertained with school, work, watching sports, and maybe the occasional dive bar.

Any chance for meeting a girl out there or should I just wait til I’m done? Lol.

I’m in my mid 20s by the way.

Is it possible to attend UTPB while living in midland? From what I gather midland is a lot nicer. Are there still nice parts of Odessa too? I have only really been to andrews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas