Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2018, 12:17 PM

6 posts, read 6,696 times

Advertisements

I’m not sure if this is the correct forum for the Mission area? If not I’ll redirct,if it’s ok can any one tell me about the area? Thinking about relocating. Living on the East Coast now,my only experience has been in San Antonio and Big Bend NP I loved both areas. I will be living in a RV and expect it will be too hot to stay in the summer? Just wondering about good shopping, dental care , the basics if needed? Proximity to the beach?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2018, 06:01 PM

202 posts, read 433,687 times
So you were able to find this message board and took the time to sign up, but are unable to use Google or Wikipedia to locate Mission, Texas? Mission is nowhere near El Paso.

Old 10-16-2018, 09:29 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,610,480 times
Try the Corpus Christi forum. It appears to be the closest one to Mission. El Paso is no where near Mission.

Old 10-24-2018, 08:06 AM

Thank you Yukon ,I appreciate the help. Others like to see themselves bigger than they are.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:15 PM

202 posts, read 433,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyblueyes View Post
Thank you Yukon ,I appreciate the help. Others like to see themselves bigger than they are.

Not the case. Just wondering how you would be able to find this forum and register, but not able to look up a map of Texas. It's takes a fraction of second to Google something. You took a lot more time registering here and posting a message. Makes no sense.

Old 10-31-2018, 10:59 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,466,637 times
Quote:
Mission is in extreme southern Texas in what is called the Rio Grande Valley. Post in the regular Texas forum, CD does not have a forum for the RGV.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:14 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,367,193 times
Quote:
I’m not sure if this is the correct forum for the Mission area? If not I’ll redirct,if it’s ok can any one tell me about the area? Thinking about relocating. Living on the East Coast now,my only experience has been in San Antonio and Big Bend NP I loved both areas. I will be living in a RV and expect it will be too hot to stay in the summer? Just wondering about good shopping, dental care , the basics if needed? Proximity to the beach?
Mission is not close to El Paso.They are very far apart.

Old 11-17-2018, 06:42 PM

What can I say Skilo,some day when your a real senior member you’ll understand. Until then thanks and enjoy life.

Old 11-23-2018, 04:50 AM

4,950 posts, read 2,705,499 times
I live in Mission, TX. I relocated from Jackson, MI in 2014. I absolutely love it here in Mission. The only negative is the hot summers. The daily high temperature is usually above 100 degrees from the middle of May into September. But it is usually a dry heat far easier to take than a muggy 86 degrees in Florida or Michigan for example. Also, I am a retiree and have a post retirement job as a substitute teacher. My much younger wife is still in the workforce as a pianist for a school system, so we are both educators with summers off. So we beat part of the summer heat by going up north and travelling in June, July, and part of August.

Winters in Mission are great. High temperatures are usually in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. No cold, no snow, no ice, no endless winter gray skies. The average high temperature for January is 71 and the average low is 50. After enduring freezing Michigan winters for many years, this is paradise and I can't get enough of the warm winter sun and the mild temperatures. Also the tall palm trees and cacti. It looks very tropical here.

We have all the amenities anyone could want. Stores, restaurants, you name it. Only the bigger cities like San Antonio, Houston, or Dallas have more. The beach is only about 1.25 hours away in South Padre Island. Sand, water, and palm trees. Can't be beat.

Old 11-23-2018, 03:29 PM

3,950 posts, read 2,999,431 times
are you hispanic? if not, do you think this affects you in anyway? (being non hispanic)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas