Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 10:49 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,004,506 times

Advertisements

San Antonio might be better than Austin if you aren't interested in college girls
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2018, 09:21 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,458,184 times
Regardless of the city that you choose, do not depend on your church for any sort of meaningful dating outcomes. In 2012, Stanford University researchers released a study about how heterosexual couples met. This study examines how heterosexual couples met based upon the year the relationship was formed. It is a longitudinal study that has been periodically updated over time. It examines relationships formed between 1940 and 2009. Essentially no one meets their romantic partner at church anymore. My sense is that this study will get an update in the next 2-3 years.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.c4e36ce665be

Old 10-25-2018, 10:00 AM

It is the best place to go if you don't want to marry somebody's used goods. There is a reason why so many marriages are failing. We live in some very immoral times.

Old 10-25-2018, 12:02 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times
Don't rule out the Golden Triangle of Beaumont, Port Arthur and Orange... once you remove arbitrary standards against dating cousins and siblings the available pool becomes a whole lot larger.

Old 10-28-2018, 12:28 AM

23,688 posts, read 9,377,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
San Antonio might be better than Austin if you aren't interested in college girls
would it be really hard to find a traditional college girl in Austin?Thanks.

Old 10-28-2018, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
What's a traditional college girl? The University of Texas is huge, and just because of the sheer size of it, there are pockets of females there that are not all about having casual sex and abusing various substances. St. Edward's University is a Catholic school in the area. Might be a little bit more traditional than U of TX.

However, if you are not attending those colleges, it might be harder to permeate that scene. Doing random approaches on campus might not get "traditional college girls". Also, many of the more traditional girls get married at 18 to their high school sweethearts and do not go to college.

Fort Worth is still your best bet.

Old 10-28-2018, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
What's a traditional college girl? The University of Texas is huge, and just because of the sheer size of it, there are pockets of females there that are not all about having casual sex and abusing various substances. St. Edward's University is a Catholic school in the area. Might be a little bit more traditional than U of TX.

However, if you are not attending those colleges, it might be harder to permeate that scene. Doing random approaches on campus might not get "traditional college girls". Also, many of the more traditional girls get married at 18 to their high school sweethearts and do not go to college.

Fort Worth is still your best bet.
Okay thank you RJ312.....i guess i should of been more clear.I meant a conservative girl who is church going and not into fornication when i said "traditional college girls".Okay thank you about the Fort Worth suggestion.

Last edited by C24L; 10-28-2018 at 10:11 AM..

Old 10-28-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Probably a little but not too bad

Old 10-28-2018, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Okay thank you RJ312.....i guess i should of been more clear.I meant a conservative girl who is church going and not into fornication when i said "traditional college girls".Okay thank you about the Fort Worth suggestion.
It's debatable whether you are better off in Midland rather than uprooting your life to get to the major metros. I've heard Midland-Odessa has a bad oversupply of single men relative to single women, but so do the other big metro areas. If you look at the major metros, the percentage of women 18-25 who are conservative, church going, and not into fornication within that metro would be highest in Fort Worth compared to Dallas, Austin, Houston, and San Antonio.

You have to realize that your target market is a rather narrow target market. Women are ideologically more liberal than men. Unmarried women are far more liberal than married women. Unmarried women under 60-65 are majority liberal by a lot. It doesn't matter if we are talking about a 22 year old college senior who has never married or a 55 year old divorced woman. They are about equally likely to be liberal. Unmarried women who are elderly and widows of long, successful marriages are the most likely unmarried women to be conservative.

The presence or absence of marriage is the variable that most accurately predicts a woman's political ideology and voting habits.

You'd have to have a deep network within some/multiple church related groups to find the women that you want to find.

However, if you are able to find women who are conservative, church going, and not into fornication, you are likely to have a better woman than most men. You should be really proud of that accomplishment once you achieve it.

Old 10-28-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
It's debatable whether you are better off in Midland rather than uprooting your life to get to the major metros. I've heard Midland-Odessa has a bad oversupply of single men relative to single women, but so do the other big metro areas. If you look at the major metros, the percentage of women 18-25 who are conservative, church going, and not into fornication within that metro would be highest in Fort Worth compared to Dallas, Austin, Houston, and San Antonio.

You have to realize that your target market is a rather narrow target market. Women are ideologically more liberal than men. Unmarried women are far more liberal than married women. Unmarried women under 60-65 are majority liberal by a lot. It doesn't matter if we are talking about a 22 year old college senior who has never married or a 55 year old divorced woman. They are about equally likely to be liberal. Unmarried women who are elderly and widows of long, successful marriages are the most likely unmarried women to be conservative.

The presence or absence of marriage is the variable that most accurately predicts a woman's political ideology and voting habits.

You'd have to have a deep network within some/multiple church related groups to find the women that you want to find.

However, if you are able to find women who are conservative, church going, and not into fornication, you are likely to have a better woman than most men. You should be really proud of that accomplishment once you achieve it.
okay thank you for all your detailed input.I really appreciate it.I had a gut feeling Fort Worth would be the best big city in Texas and thanks for confirming that for me.Thanks a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas