Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 04:44 PM

67,655 posts, read 60,273,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by River City Rocky View Post
It just doesn't make sense to me... San Antonio is seen as inferior because of Mexican radio and TV?
I never said that San Antonio is seen as inferior. I personally really like San Antonio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2018, 05:14 PM

355 posts, read 464,808 times
Heck no, it's not inferior at all.

To me, it has some serious value. Dallas and Houston are way too corporate, compared to San Antonio & Ft. Worth.

Old 12-06-2018, 08:43 PM

2,134 posts, read 2,097,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBard79 View Post
Isn't that the point of racism? Irish were oppressed because of their ancestry... so were Blacks. So it's not relevant that Irish are pale skinned, while the Blacks are? Wow, that is in itself a racist argument to say that racism against Irish is somehow less severe than it was to Blacks. Is one more severe than the other based on skin color? What a joke.

In Texas, "We are a Nation of Immigrants" shows that multi-cultural-ism counts IF you come from another country. If you live here, and are white, your ancestry and race counts for nothing.
Another ignorant post. English, German, Irish, French, Italians, {insert Caucasian European group here} all have the exact same skin color aka "white." So it makes absolutely no sense why a political & business class dominated by WHITE people in the U.S. would discriminate against someone Irish or Italian based on their "skin color." No, they were discriminated against because of their ancestry and nationality. Irish and English are the same skin color, but Irish were viewed as inferior. There was never a sign in late 19th/early 20th century America that said NO WHITES, but there were plenty of signs that said "Irish Need Not Apply."

For AA's, they were discriminated against because of their skin color. Hence, you saw signs that said "Whites Only" or "Colored." For the oppressed Irish person, they could still drink out of a "Whites Only" water fountain because they had the same skin color. A black person could not.

White Discrimination = Based on ancestry and nationality, not skin color
Black Discrimination = Based on skin color

Hope that sums it up.

Old 12-06-2018, 09:18 PM

437 posts, read 634,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Don't get me wrong - in general I really really like Hispanics and up here in the Tyler area we have plenty of them, but I have two phrases for you to mull over:

Mexican radio
Mexican TV
Trump is that you?

Old 12-06-2018, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock View Post
Trump is that you?
No, my name is KathrynAragon.

Old 12-06-2018, 09:47 PM

502 posts, read 387,533 times
Quote:
No, my name is KathrynAragon.
Damn I'm still perplexed...

Old 12-07-2018, 12:36 AM

2,132 posts, read 2,203,619 times
Found Mexican radio! Still unsure about Mexican TV, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpNPlgAeitg

Old 12-07-2018, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthnry View Post
Found Mexican radio! Still unsure about Mexican TV, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpNPlgAeitg
Damn that's crazy, I never knew spm used that as a sample to his song. Thanks for posting.

Old 12-07-2018, 10:40 AM

You don't have to live anywhere near San Antonio to feel the presence of Mexican TV and radio. I'm listening to some sort of Mexican Christmas music right now and I'm at least 5 hours north of SA.

Ariba ariba!!!!!!

Old 12-07-2018, 01:25 PM

Quote:
You don't have to live anywhere near San Antonio to feel the presence of Mexican TV and radio. I'm listening to some sort of Mexican Christmas music right now and I'm at least 5 hours north of SA.

Ariba ariba!!!!!!
Hmmm interesting...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas