Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 05:22 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Funny case, my husband is an independant driver that works primarily with Dell Of course, now that Mr. Dell is shutting down a factory, he's gonna go out on his own again instead of taking a salaried job or whatever comes up.

Anyway...I actually have a myspace page with my picture on it. My screen name is 1sillygal. Well, on with the story. I'm 38, and mainly a SAHM. I work a few days a week at my daughters Parents Day Out as a teachers aide. I've been married 7 years, 8 in July. We have 1 daughter, who like JamesAbilene's, I hope someday will have many of her own little ones. She just turned 5 today, so I'm in no great hurry yet I was born in Alabama (dads job moved him there), spent a short stint in Mississippi, then in Louisiana. I guess when I was around 3 or so, we moved to Spring, Tx then to Clute. When I was 5 we finally landed in Brazoria and stayed put for a long time. Of course, then did my time in Houston (where I met my husband). Then we moved to Colorado for a while for a change of scene. Now with the kiddo, we're back in Texas. Hutto to be exact, which is North of Austin and East of Round Rock.

As far as pets go, we have a 2yr old Border Collie. He's a mess! We used to have a cottontail rabbit, but alas, he didn't make it past 3 yrs. and is now in Bunny heaven. We used to have a cat, but he ran away. Then we got another one, and it ran away. I think we'll try for a 3rd, but we're gonna give it a little while

As for music, I like all types. I especially like rockabilly, texas swing, and old, old country. But I also like blues and alternative and stuff like NIN and Janes Addiction, etc...
Whoops. I forgot that I also don't listen to alternative rock. It's an afterthought, I guess.

Good post, LR, by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 06:27 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
Following the theme here, there is a great opportunity for yall to actually meet in person, coming up on Friday April 18th, at Gruene Hall. Another poster GY2020 set this up. Dinner at The Gristmill nextdoor at 5:30, then the hall and a concert at 7PM. Wife and I are making the drive, bet it will be a blast.
Dangit! I can't get off work in time. I'm way up here and Gruene's way down there and Austin's traffic will be terrible. I'm afraid I can't this time, SETX. Saturdays would work much better for me. Sorry.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,444 times
Smile Ok, I'm not a "regular" yet (just found this forum), but...

I was searching for some sort of photography forum and saw all the Texas photos, so......

I'm 59 years young and live south of Columbus, Texas out in the rice fields. Married to a neat lady who encourages me every chance she gets

Two beautiful GKids..wow!!

Ok, 'nuff for now, here's my website:

JK StacyDesigns- powered by SmugMug

J

Old 04-06-2008, 07:03 PM

160 posts, read 638,428 times
I am a 28 year old, single male. I am too ugly for radio, much less the internet, so I do not have a picture to post here. (Actually, it is more of a matter of not having an appropriate picture to display handy instead of ugly, but its my story, and I'm sticking to it.)

I was born in Corpus Christi, and lived there for the first five years of my life. My parents decided to move back to the small town where both my parents were from. I spent the next seven or eight years growing up in George West.

Outside of George West, my family had a ranch, and I spent most of my youth outside of school working on the ranch doing such tasks as brush clearance and helping tend to the cattle. It was tough work, but I would not trade it for anything.

My father, being the lazy sort, abandoned a salt water disposal business he was in with his brother. He decided to follow one of those hair brained schemes of making a fortune, and moved us to Montana for the first time in 1992. After six months of starving, the normal person would realize that those "pretty" (used loosely as I am a flatlander at heart) mountains do not put food on the table. So it was back to Texas. I was none the happier.

After another year, a former employer of my father's decided to go into the farming business in Montana. Kicking and screaming, I was dragged along to a state I had found no love for again.

Fast forward 15 years through a lost childhood, one massively broken back, personal demons, surrounded by people that are less than human, and less than pathetic job offerings. I sit one week from going home. Fifteen years too late, but finally.

I have one pet cat, which should prove entertaining in making a 2000 mile trip to south Texas with her stuck in the car.

My musical preferences include just about everything except for Tejano and polka. I have just never found a love for the accordion. I do not like "modern" country music much either. Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, and the like are fine, but what they are passing off as country these days is nothing more than hillbilly pop, and I can't hang with that. My favorite genres are Psychobilly, Death Metal, Rap, and Blues. It is more of a matter of what mood I am in. Variety is the spice of life, after all.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:58 PM

2,392 posts, read 9,652,329 times
Well, I sit here in Leander, NW of Austin, close to loveroses work part time at the school and from all over Texas, have family at Caddo Lake to the east and grandma was born in Pampa in the panhandle. Myself, 38 and got a Mr. and two boys 5 and 8. I have no clue what generation Texan I am but somewhere in the family attic we have one of the things that decorated Santa Anna's saddle that my long dead relative took off of the saddle when he was caught. Lived for 3 yrs in Omaha due to Mr. and hated it..another 2 years in Indiana that I hated. Then moved back and will never move out of the hill county. Might move around it but never out!

Old 04-06-2008, 08:15 PM

3,542 posts, read 8,245,491 times
Great thread, Belle

Here's San Antonio's Finest

http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...-poster-s.html

Old 04-06-2008, 09:01 PM

493 posts, read 637,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingHome2TX View Post
I am a 28 year old, single male. I am too ugly for radio, much less the internet, so I do not have a picture to post here. (Actually, it is more of a matter of not having an appropriate picture to display handy instead of ugly, but its my story, and I'm sticking to it.)

I was born in Corpus Christi, and lived there for the first five years of my life. My parents decided to move back to the small town where both my parents were from. I spent the next seven or eight years growing up in George West.

Outside of George West, my family had a ranch, and I spent most of my youth outside of school working on the ranch doing such tasks as brush clearance and helping tend to the cattle. It was tough work, but I would not trade it for anything.

My father, being the lazy sort, abandoned a salt water disposal business he was in with his brother. He decided to follow one of those hair brained schemes of making a fortune, and moved us to Montana for the first time in 1992. After six months of starving, the normal person would realize that those "pretty" (used loosely as I am a flatlander at heart) mountains do not put food on the table. So it was back to Texas. I was none the happier.

After another year, a former employer of my father's decided to go into the farming business in Montana. Kicking and screaming, I was dragged along to a state I had found no love for again.

Fast forward 15 years through a lost childhood, one massively broken back, personal demons, surrounded by people that are less than human, and less than pathetic job offerings. I sit one week from going home. Fifteen years too late, but finally.

I have one pet cat, which should prove entertaining in making a 2000 mile trip to south Texas with her stuck in the car.

My musical preferences include just about everything except for Tejano and polka. I have just never found a love for the accordion. I do not like "modern" country music much either. Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, and the like are fine, but what they are passing off as country these days is nothing more than hillbilly pop, and I can't hang with that. My favorite genres are Psychobilly, Death Metal, Rap, and Blues. It is more of a matter of what mood I am in. Variety is the spice of life, after all.
Are you a big Hank III fan?

Old 04-06-2008, 10:13 PM

493 posts, read 637,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Welll, Miss Belle... And using the "format" you mapped out? Here goes:

I am 50 year old, twice married and twice divorced, father of two kids (son and daughter). Today, I am in a long-term relationship with a wonderful woman who gets irritated when I refer to her as a yankee. She has a point...as she is from Colorado. BUT...it wasn't in the Confederacy so it isn't Southern either.

My son is happily married and he and his wife are going to make me a grandfather in August. My little girl is in college and better keep up her grades, since me and her mother are paying for all this...

Heck, here is a link to what I consider the best "feature" I ever wrote...and also gives a bio.

Southern (USA) history - Randy Hill - Confederate soldier

I love to write, but am only mediocre at it. I don't "blog" for the reason that almost everybody does these days...

God Bless Texas!
Randy, does your daughter go to school here in Texas?

Old 04-07-2008, 06:28 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,608,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neddy View Post
Well, I sit here in Leander, NW of Austin, close to loveroses work part time at the school and from all over Texas, have family at Caddo Lake to the east and grandma was born in Pampa in the panhandle.
Very interesting about Caddo Lake. We get out that way at least once, sometimes more, each year for a little long weekend vacation. Over the years I have gotten somewhat familiar with the place and the people. Wherebouts does your kin live?

Old 04-07-2008, 06:30 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,608,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitechocolate86 View Post
Randy, does your daughter go to school here in Texas?
No, she lives in Kansas and goes to Wichita State right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas