Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 11:11 AM

478 posts, read 418,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
How old is the guy? And how do you know what he was holding is an actual weapon? Also, he didn't point it in your direction or otherwise make any threats to you, so there's that. And if he was on the walkway between two sidewalks on your driveway he was probably not trespassing on your property either.

If he has a license to carry, it doesn't sound like his actions were illegal in any way.
You don’t need a license to open carry a long gun in Texas. If it was a handgun, it should have been holstered.

WE STILL DON’T KNOW IT WAS ACTUALLY A GUN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2019, 12:49 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex Ranger View Post
You don’t need a license to open carry a long gun in Texas. If it was a handgun, it should have been holstered.

WE STILL DON’T KNOW IT WAS ACTUALLY A GUN.
Right - the OP didn't even specify whether it was a handgun or a long gun - or how he or she even knew it WAS a gun at all.

Old 02-18-2019, 12:50 PM

15,269 posts, read 35,637,527 times
Quote:
Right - the OP didn't even specify whether it was a handgun or a long gun - or how he or she even knew it WAS a gun at all.
Okay, folks, if he has a video and he says it was a gun, it is pretty safe to assume (for the intents of this discussion) that it was a gun.

Old 02-18-2019, 01:49 PM

Quote:
He’s walking with seems like .... let’s call it a very very big “gun”
Seems like

Old 02-18-2019, 02:30 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
OK, assuming it was a gun - was it a handgun or a long gun? How old was the guy carrying it? If it was a handgun, does he have a LTC? And regardless of any of this, he was not apparently actually threatening ANYONE with the gun. Since he was apparently walking in between two sidewalks on the OP's driveway, he also probably wasn't trespassing on the OP's property. So much ado about nothing, apparently.

Old 02-18-2019, 07:37 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
The OP said the boy turned to gun toward the guy’s house — as in sighting to fire—
Which could be taken as a threat since that is how the OP who saw it either recorded and/or as it happened took it to mean
Or as just a boy being stupid

My dad always said never point a gun at anything unless you intended to shoot it
Ergo what the guy did was stupid
Always treat a gun as though it is loaded and off-safety
Which means don’t do stupid things with it

Having the right to carry one means having the responsibility/maturity to not do stupid things with it

Old 02-18-2019, 08:34 PM

15,269 posts, read 35,637,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
The OP said the boy turned to gun toward the guy’s house — as in sighting to fire—
[...]
Actually, he said "holds it up (pointing up)"

Old 02-18-2019, 09:06 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
Quote:
I didn’t want to give much detail about it .... but it was a little over 2 feet long.

At no point it was pointed towards my house,
It was held up while facing my house

Old 02-18-2019, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Which could be taken as a threat since that is how the OP who saw it either recorded and/or as it happened took it to mean
Or as just a boy being stupid

My dad always said never point a gun at anything unless you intended to shoot it
Ergo what the guy did was stupid
Always treat a gun as though it is loaded and off-safety
Which means don’t do stupid things with it

Having the right to carry one means having the responsibility/maturity to not do stupid things with it
Please read the post.

OP. There’s zero laws violated here from everything you’ve said. I also don’t know how your relationship with your neighbor fell to this point, but there’s no way to perceive that as a threat. Hell, this is only a Janice away from a BestOfNextdoor post

Old 02-18-2019, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I didn’t want to give much detail about it .... but it was a little over 2 feet long.

At no point it was pointed towards my house,
It was held up while facing my house
Was it a gun?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: