Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 06:55 PM
TWB

21 posts, read 85,271 times

Advertisements

My vote is for Abilene. Schools are great (can't really say about Lubbock). Climate is much more moderate than Lubbock. There are two seasons in Lubbock: hot, hot, hot, and cold. It gets a lot more snow and ice than in Abilene, as well. (Not to say it doesn't get hot in Abilene but not quite to the extreme as Lubbock.)

I totally disagree with the person who said it is boring in Abilene. I went to the theatre last night at ACU and loved it. With three universities here and the local theatre, there is always something going on. Plus, the Abilene Philaharmonic is extremely good, even compared to much larger cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 07:29 PM

14 posts, read 16,241 times
Not to start an argument, but I must correct you on the weather. Abilene is consistently 5-10 degrees hotter than Lubbock year-round, and it is more humid. All of Northern Texas is considered to have four distinct seasons. Lubbock High's magnet program is one of the best in the state, having courses that are not offered anywhere in the other cities. I don't mind you being an advocate for your city (aren't all of us?), but don't bash others. I think Abilene is a great city as well as Lubbock.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:38 PM
TWB

21 posts, read 85,271 times
Flat

I don't disagree with you. Both cities would be a good choice. But, the question was which one...? I'm just telling it as it see it. Thanks for your input.

Old 04-13-2008, 03:33 PM

28 posts, read 92,221 times
I've spent a lot of time in Abilene, Midland, Lubbock, Wichita Falls, and Amarillo. Lubbock is by far the best choice if you want things to do in the city itself (sports, shopping, other entertainment). If you plan on making the 2 to 2.5 hour drive to Dallas/Fort Worth often then Wichita Falls or Abilene would be best.

Old 09-20-2008, 01:41 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,080,951 times
It's been five months since the post you suppose they made a choice? Just curious. But your "vote" for WF is noted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas