Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 09:31 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,770,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
Nah, makeup and beached hair and that watch is too fancy, and a shirt that looks more like that of a model than of a serious hunter.

I think we can tell that that's a Neiman Marcus model masquerading as a country girl.

By the way, I prefer brunettes.
Hey txtea, what'd I tell you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
I.e. this low-maintenance, casual dressing, tomboy-but-femine template you are seeking may strongly correlate with a type of woman that hates inflexible, controlling (don't cut your hair!) males.
You are right on the money here. lol I'll go a step further and almost guarantee there's no way in holy hell they'll put up with a controlling man.

I don't think the OP wants to mess with Texas women with his criteria for what he wants in a woman. I've heard several men (who obviously thought along similar lines) say there's no way in hell they'd ever hook up with a Texas woman again, said Texas women are too strong minded and independent.

Don't say you haven't been warned!

Old 03-06-2019, 09:47 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,455,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
Will this one do?
She’s attractive. I would be interested.

Old 03-06-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
You have a discrete and (apparently) inflexible list of requirements or criteria. The Venn diagram this creates results in a relatively small pool of 'candidates' (victims?). For example, in the female U.S. population, 29% had hair to the chin or shorter. 41% had chin to shoulder. 30% were longer than shoulder-length (2005). So are you avoiding the chin or shorter (only eliminating 29% of women) or shoulder and longer (leaving only 30% available)? Are you also aware that a person might consider changing hair styles if they were in a long-term relationship? Many women alter the hair length frequently. My wife's has gone from very short to pretty dang long several times over the many, many years we have been married.

Are you aware that your 'preference' is not genetically coded into you, but rather a function of your environment and association with positive and negative situations? This environment-built preference does not necessarily match with the real-world dating. I.e. this low-maintenance, casual dressing, tomboy-but-femine template you are seeking may strongly correlate with a type of woman that hates inflexible, controlling (don't cut your hair!) males.
OP is 24. If he’s looking at women 18-24, a higher percentage than 30% have shoulder length or longer hair. Your data points are skewed by women 50+, who are much more likely to have shorter haircuts.

There’s also been a lot of cultural changes since 2005 influencing hairstyles, which is a separate issue.

Old 03-06-2019, 09:55 AM

15,268 posts, read 35,619,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
OP is 24. If he’s looking at women 18-24, a higher percentage than 30% have shoulder length or longer hair. Your data points are skewed by women 50+, who are much more likely to have shorter haircuts.

There’s also been a lot of cultural changes since 2005 influencing hairstyles, which is a separate issue.
I will have to go back and find the report - it was based on age buckets and that one did not include 50+ although I don't remember exactly what age range it was.

But regardless, he is using a pretty limiting criteria due to his media-driven perceptions. Although honestly, more power to his 'competitors' in this 'game'....

Old 03-06-2019, 10:36 AM

4,147 posts, read 2,956,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post

You are right on the money here. lol I'll go a step further and almost guarantee there's no way in holy hell they'll put up with a controlling man.

I don't think the OP wants to mess with Texas women with his criteria for what he wants in a woman. I've heard several men (who obviously thought along similar lines) say there's no way in hell they'd ever hook up with a Texas woman again, said Texas women are too strong minded and independent.

Don't say you haven't been warned!
I'm hearing conflicting information. Are Texan women the feminine, dainty Southern Belles you might find in old-school Charleston, SC or Savannah? Or are Texan women rugged, independent tomboys?

Old 03-06-2019, 10:39 AM

2,382 posts, read 3,498,519 times
[quote=lonestar2007;54608680]Hey txtea, what'd I tell you?

Pretty sad.
You should see this girl in a little black dress...
No, she's not a model posing to be a hunter...she's the real deal.

OP is too young to know what he wants.
Try farmers only lol

Old 03-06-2019, 10:44 AM

2,382 posts, read 3,498,519 times
Quote:
I'm hearing conflicting information. Are Texan women the feminine, dainty Southern Belles you might find in old-school Charleston, SC or Savannah? Or are Texan women rugged, independent tomboys?
You just can't go to different areas or states and expect the women to be different. There are all kinds of women spread out everywhere.
Try getting out in the real world and look.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:44 AM

15,268 posts, read 35,619,033 times
Quote:
Yes.

But seriously, you will be hard-pressed to find a high concentration of 'dainty southern belles' anywhere.

Old 03-06-2019, 11:51 AM

12,059 posts, read 13,880,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
Will this one do?
I would like me some of that! Wow!

Old 03-06-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
You won’t find too many Southern Belles in Dallas. There have been a lot of transplants from elsewhere. Dallas is basically Washington DC Light on female attitudes. Many career first women.

I wouldn’t see Dallas women as rugged, independent tomboys either.

There’s some femininity in Dallas & those women get swooped up fast. There’s a segment in Dallas that basically live out feminist propaganda life programming too, a la Washington DC. Career first, get pets before being in a committed relationship, and are often tremendously over scheduled.

You can avoid the feminist life script women in Dallas by not using Bumble. Tinder has a little bit of that element too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas