Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 01:36 PM

1,982 posts, read 2,090,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappyJoe View Post
Yes, because jellyfish are found nowhere else in the world.
My point was the person trying to act as if me complaining about jellyfish is a sign of jealousy by referring to the OP. Obviously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2019, 05:30 PM

178 posts, read 379,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parhe View Post
My point was the person trying to act as if me complaining about jellyfish is a sign of jealousy by referring to the OP. Obviously.
You seem very triggered from this post lmao. Maybe its best if you stay in your non coastal safe space

Old 05-18-2019, 07:52 PM

677 posts, read 653,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
And this is the #1 problem right here. If that riff raff was replaced with the demographics of say, New England there would be less complaints about the seaweed, 48 weeks of muddy water per year, sticky sand, horse flies, etc. This is very evident when people praise beaches not far down the coast as being “so much better” when in reality they have the same muddy water and stinky seaweed issues. They just lack the wannabe gangsta element that blasts foul rap music in front of your kids- and that makes the beaches “so much better”. They just won’t tell you directly.
Nah, you’re just showing your racism. I love to bump to 2Pac, Dre, Wu Tang, Bone Thugz, etc ... Not liking Galveston has nothing to do with demographics and everything to do with awful beaches.

Old 05-19-2019, 09:51 AM

6,292 posts, read 7,500,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddATX View Post
Nah, you’re just showing your racism. I love to bump to 2Pac, Dre, Wu Tang, Bone Thugz, etc ... Not liking Galveston has nothing to do with demographics and everything to do with awful beaches.
Nah , there are no axe's to grind, some people just have to warn the world about dead jellyfish and chocolate colored water, over and over again and again....

Of course Galveston being seen as ghetto has nothing to do with it ,we love bumping as long as we are in a location that is 90% white, we get scared bumping ,wit tha legit ...

Old 05-19-2019, 02:40 PM

1,982 posts, read 2,090,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7ry1an3 View Post
You seem very triggered from this post lmao. Maybe its best if you stay in your non coastal safe space
? I love beaches for trips, not a fan of living on them for personal reasons. I visit the beaches every time I visit LA, San Francisco, or Seattle, which happens at least once a year. My parents also have a coastal vacation home in South Korea which I used to visit when I lived with them.

I'm not sure where you get the idea that a person who dislikes Galveston must have some great fear of all beaches or some sort of jealousy. My guess is projection.

Old 05-19-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parhe View Post
? I love beaches for trips, not a fan of living on them for personal reasons. I visit the beaches every time I visit LA, San Francisco, or Seattle, which happens at least once a year. My parents also have a coastal vacation home in South Korea which I used to visit when I lived with them.

I'm not sure where you get the idea that a person who dislikes Galveston must have some great fear of all beaches or some sort of jealousy. My guess is projection.
It's not that you dislike it, that's an opinion and fair for the course. It's the vitriol which some people use to express their "dislike". If you are using terms like disgusting, gross, and other terms of the like, you have more than a dislike for the place, and some peoples need to really bash the place over and over seems much more than just expressing an opinion.

Old 05-19-2019, 09:31 PM

677 posts, read 653,261 times
No, it’s just an opinion. I dislike peanut butter. I f’ing hate liver. I dislike Houston. I hate Galveston. It’s ok to have opinions. I think there is some cool history stuff there; but that stuff bears no real connection to me and so I don’t really care. And as a beach destination I find it foul and awful. Not because of any people there, because of the beach and the water. It’s an ugly city, with ugly, awful beaches.

Old 05-19-2019, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddATX View Post
No, it’s just an opinion. I dislike peanut butter. I f’ing hate liver. I dislike Houston. I hate Galveston. It’s ok to have opinions. I think there is some cool history stuff there; but that stuff bears no real connection to me and so I don’t really care. And as a beach destination I find it foul and awful. Not because of any people there, because of the beach and the water. It’s an ugly city, with ugly, awful beaches.
Every time someone attacks it like that they show there's more to it than just dislike, maybe a civic inferiority complex, lol.

You have no real connection to Galveston's history , what does that mean ? Do you have any connection to Texas history ?

Old 05-20-2019, 11:57 AM

858 posts, read 681,572 times
What ails Galveston, is the same thing that ails all of Texas, a massive lack of tourism-entrepreneurism.
All over the state, sites that would be massive tourist attractions anywhere else (especially California) are all too often under developed. The train of thought in Texas seems to be, "why invite all those outsiders in, we just want to keep it for ourselves", so no taxes are spent on the development or upkeep of our beautiful public lands and that includes our beaches.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRoadkill View Post
What ails Galveston, is the same thing that ails all of Texas, a massive lack of tourism-entrepreneurism.
All over the state, sites that would be massive tourist attractions anywhere else (especially California) are all too often under developed. The train of thought in Texas seems to be, "why invite all those outsiders in, we just want to keep it for ourselves", so no taxes are spent on the development or upkeep of our beautiful public lands and that includes our beaches.
Some people are trying to encourage people to flock to Texas Beaches, then something backfires...lol

https://www.click2houston.com/news/c...haotic-weekend
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas