Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 08:00 AM

9 posts, read 5,758 times

Advertisements

Does it exist anywhere anymore with quiet, respectful neighbors? Does it exist to have a cup of coffee and listen to nature instead of neighbors yelling or loud music all the time? I know No place is perfect but it seems harder to find a place to live that is enjoyable and still within 20 mins of state parks or other attractions, or even a grocery store.
My husband is a truck driver so we are all set on a job it is finding a HOME where our teen son can have actives such as archery, & parks nearby for walking or fishing. Somewhere with a little breathing room in between homes yet if someone needs help.... be a helpful neighbor.
We were looking into areas within 30 mins San Antonio or Austin? From what I read San Antonio seems cheaper. I’m not a big city driver at all! We are not looking to be in a city, but have one nearby for all a city offers for a family day out. Dallas/ Fort Worth seemed too overcrowded & extremely expensive. Had a family member live in Houston years ago & my husband has been through there a lot it just doesn’t seem to fit us. Also, not a big deal not being near a big body of water, we have had our fair share of the gulf & the Atlantic. If you suggest any other areas of Texas please share. Texas is BIG, just San Antonio & Austin we were looking at, so far but please let us know if a different area has something also. ( Each city has its flaws & beauty)
I only know my basics in Spanish right now but am taking classes on it and plan to keep studying Spanish. It just takes time lol.
Our family time is so important since my husband is gone so much over the road. When he is home it is fishing & zoos & exploring the area. I want privacy but not so far out alone on a dirt road where nobody is around.
We are very quiet, & respect our neighbors property and are looking for the same. Craigslist is hit or miss sometimes with postings, but that seems to be our best chance since the move will be from out of state we need to do everything over the phone since we won’t be able to fly out and look at a place then drive out After again to move that’s too much time and money.
Any suggestions on certain areas to stay away from but also highlights of living in these areas. Thank you, praying this all works out for September.
The cup of coffee with breakfast on my porch or patio with family with only the birds for music is awaiting
us......
( I do hope I posted correctly this is my first thread)

Last edited by Owlsmom; 07-28-2019 at 08:30 AM.. Reason: Added a few things
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 10:45 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlsmom View Post
Does it exist anywhere anymore with quiet, respectful neighbors? Does it exist to have a cup of coffee and listen to nature instead of neighbors yelling or loud music all the time? I know No place is perfect but it seems harder to find a place to live that is enjoyable and still within 20 mins of state parks or other attractions, or even a grocery store.
My husband is a truck driver so we are all set on a job it is finding a HOME where our teen son can have actives such as archery, & parks nearby for walking or fishing. Somewhere with a little breathing room in between homes yet if someone needs help.... be a helpful neighbor.
We were looking into areas within 30 mins San Antonio or Austin? From what I read San Antonio seems cheaper. I’m not a big city driver at all! We are not looking to be in a city, but have one nearby for all a city offers for a family day out. Dallas/ Fort Worth seemed too overcrowded & extremely expensive. Had a family member live in Houston years ago & my husband has been through there a lot it just doesn’t seem to fit us. Also, not a big deal not being near a big body of water, we have had our fair share of the gulf & the Atlantic. If you suggest any other areas of Texas please share. Texas is BIG, just San Antonio & Austin we were looking at, so far but please let us know if a different area has something also. ( Each city has its flaws & beauty)
I only know my basics in Spanish right now but am taking classes on it and plan to keep studying Spanish. It just takes time lol.
Our family time is so important since my husband is gone so much over the road. When he is home it is fishing & zoos & exploring the area. I want privacy but not so far out alone on a dirt road where nobody is around.
We are very quiet, & respect our neighbors property and are looking for the same. Craigslist is hit or miss sometimes with postings, but that seems to be our best chance since the move will be from out of state we need to do everything over the phone since we won’t be able to fly out and look at a place then drive out After again to move that’s too much time and money.
Any suggestions on certain areas to stay away from but also highlights of living in these areas. Thank you, praying this all works out for September.
The cup of coffee with breakfast on my porch or patio with family with only the birds for music is awaiting
us......
( I do hope I posted correctly this is my first thread)
You did post it correctly! And welcome!

Are you talking about buying or renting? What is your budget? What sort of property are you looking for regarding square footage, condition, age, etc.

You may want to consider Wimberley, Dripping Springs, or some place like that a bit outside of Austin or San Antonio.

Or North East Texas beween Dallas and Shreveport - like Tyler or Longview or some place like that.

Or maybe the Waco area between Dallas and Austin?

Maybe someplace like Lufkin or Nacogdoches which is between Houston and Tyler?

I am not as familiar with west Texas but I hear good things about Lubbock.

It sounds like you can move just about anywhere as long as it's not isolated, which is really lucky!

Old 07-28-2019, 12:40 PM

Thank you for your response, & so quickly lol! Yes for now we will be renting for a year or two depends on what comes up in the future. we are simple folk looking for just a two bedroom looking for just a clean home, safe area with some sort of yard not on top of neighbors.
Thank you for the areas you listed. We will definitely look into those.
So many options

Old 07-28-2019, 09:28 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,377,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlsmom View Post
Thank you for your response, & so quickly lol! Yes for now we will be renting for a year or two depends on what comes up in the future. we are simple folk looking for just a two bedroom looking for just a clean home, safe area with some sort of yard not on top of neighbors.
Thank you for the areas you listed. We will definitely look into those.
So many options
what is your budget?

Old 07-29-2019, 02:57 AM

$750-$1000 depends on if anything is included or
not.

Old 07-29-2019, 03:10 AM

Default State parks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
You did post it correctly! And welcome!

Are you talking about buying or renting? What is your budget? What sort of property are you looking for regarding square footage, condition, age, etc.

You may want to consider Wimberley, Dripping Springs, or some place like that a bit outside of Austin or San Antonio.

Or North East Texas beween Dallas and Shreveport - like Tyler or Longview or some place like that.

Or maybe the Waco area between Dallas and Austin?

Maybe someplace like Lufkin or Nacogdoches which is between Houston and Tyler?

I am not as familiar with west Texas but I hear good things about Lubbock.

It sounds like you can move just about anywhere as long as it's not isolated, which is really lucky!
KathrynAragon; again thank you, so you have any view on the state parks in Texas? Our family loves parks! This is why we pray to be able to be within about 40 mins of one so it will make an easy weekend adventure!

Old 07-29-2019, 05:40 AM

364 posts, read 1,420,582 times
Howdy! Let me see if I correctly read your post...you want something nice (not necessarily fancy, but nice), safe, close to nature, not too far from people, where you can hear birds in the morning without hearing traffic/people. For $750-1000.

I see a long, difficult search in your future. What you seek is probably out there, but it is going to be in a small town. And it may not be nice, new, and clean. Being close to nature (parks, fishing, archery) and city amenities is not easily obtained (need much money).

Sorry to be a downer, but I need to be realistic. Many people seek what you seek. Nothing wrong with your desires but your budget will be an issue.

You will probably come closest to finding what you want in the area between Austin and San Antonio. Maybe a realtor could help? Good luck.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:27 AM

Thank you for the response. We don’t want to change Texas we are not those kind of people. we want to adapt and embrace what Texas has not have Texas adapt to us. We lived in the middle of nowhere on a dirt road that was a dead end in Arkansas and there were still people and still drama. On the other hand we lived in a big city before as well. I know there’s noise and problems wherever you go it’s just would be nice to finally have a little place where you can have some privacy and be respectful to others and get that in return that’s all we are simple as I said before we’re not looking for anything fancy if it’s further away and we have to drive then that’s what we’ll do evermore in the country I understand that I really think something will happen it’s just gonna take some time and hopefully Getting a decent landlord to rent from. What is a good rental 2 bedroom home there? yes... quiet coffee isn’t a hard reach I have faith

Old 07-29-2019, 10:15 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,004,506 times
So you want to live in a city without all of the negatives of living in a city?

Old 07-29-2019, 11:31 AM

No that’s not what I said. If you don’t have decent conversation please don’t post on here. Is the entire world doom and gloom? Just asked what people think... as I stated above we can live in the country too. Anywhere can be negative, or positive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas