U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2019, 08:24 PM

52 posts, read 22,780 times

Advertisements

Just been informed by company that I am now retired. Congratulations! Have a nice life.
Been looking around Texas, specially near Ft Hancock, or Terlingua, but with old age rearing its ugly head, med care not readily available.

So, looked in Piney Woods area, very similar to where from. Found nice property in Linden. Any suggestions for fat old man to settle in?

Retired Navy, from Alaska and West Virginia. Looking to start own business. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 09:27 PM

2,930 posts, read 4,130,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunky-yo View Post
Just been informed by company that I am now retired. Congratulations! Have a nice life.
Been looking around Texas, specially near Ft Hancock, or Terlingua, but with old age rearing its ugly head, med care not readily available.

So, looked in Piney Woods area, very similar to where from. Found nice property in Linden. Any suggestions for fat old man to settle in?

Retired Navy, from Alaska and West Virginia. Looking to start own business. Thanks.
What type of business. Just asking, will there be a market in the Linden area, do you know yet? Is the location important for your type of business?

I've heard of Linden, just looked it up it's mid-way between Longview and Texarkana, for you largest cities. Linden is slightly closer to Texarkana, but almost an hour for both. Those two cities would have MORE of you medical needs than any city closer o Linden. Well over an hour, 60 plus miles to Shreveport.

Yes, to me it beautiful "up there" from Tyler. Slightly more hilly, and I do mean, small hills, compared to West Virginia, where I have traveled twice. Atlanta, 15 miles and minutes away, less than 5,000 population the likely nearest any sizeable medical services. Linden, 1,900 plus and slowly losing population, Atlanta steady for the last 8 years with 5,500 and a Super-Walmart, yeah lol.

So what we may think is more about what YOU need and think. So give us more information.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:25 PM

22,337 posts, read 6,075,859 times
Quote:

what is your budget?Also, thanks for your service.

Old 07-29-2019, 07:12 PM

2,930 posts, read 4,130,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
what is your budget?Also, thanks for your service.
Now, I gotta pry, you ask this all over the state, are you really a state real estate broker, is this why you don't have to live in any particular place, your income is not dependent on you LIVING in one place over another?

How could anyone know the budget for a town of less than 2,000, that lives in Midland? I'm a former broker and don't have a clue, not to be nasty, but the "what is your budget" is asked many, many times. lol

Well, I actually have a little bit of a "clue" lol

Old 08-03-2019, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
Now, I gotta pry, you ask this all over the state, are you really a state real estate broker, is this why you don't have to live in any particular place, your income is not dependent on you LIVING in one place over another?

How could anyone know the budget for a town of less than 2,000, that lives in Midland? I'm a former broker and don't have a clue, not to be nasty, but the "what is your budget" is asked many, many times. lol

Well, I actually have a little bit of a "clue" lol
,Im not a broker.

Old 11-03-2019, 01:41 AM

52 posts, read 22,780 times
Default Pulled the trigger.

Did it. Bought nice little house outside of Linden. About an acre of land, small farmhouse built about 1940, about 960 sq ft. Little fixer upper, nothing too serious.

Cattle and mules on property behind me come over to the fence and say hello from time to time.
No light pollution, see the Milky Way just fine. Well on property, good soft water.
Now looking for used John Deere X300 for the lawn.

Nice library here, found good bakery and barber shop.
If need anything can’t find here, Marshall just down the road.
Rabbit ears work for tv, small business startup going slow, one day at a time.

So far, life is good.

See y’all round.

Old 11-03-2019, 03:22 PM
Status: "We're all broken, that's how the light gets in." (set 10 days ago)

55,753 posts, read 44,134,562 times
Congrats!!!! Hope you love it here.

Old 11-03-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Did it. Bought nice little house outside of Linden. About an acre of land, small farmhouse built about 1940, about 960 sq ft. Little fixer upper, nothing too serious.

Cattle and mules on property behind me come over to the fence and say hello from time to time.
No light pollution, see the Milky Way just fine. Well on property, good soft water.
Now looking for used John Deere X300 for the lawn.

Nice library here, found good bakery and barber shop.
If need anything can’t find here, Marshall just down the road.
Rabbit ears work for tv, small business startup going slow, one day at a time.

So far, life is good.

See y’all round.
Congrats,OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas