Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2019, 06:58 AM

4,606 posts, read 3,298,895 times

Advertisements

I don't feel that way at all - if you're coming to Galveston to escape the northern winter you will not find the T shirt weather you are looking for. I'd actually rather be in Washington State during the winter than Galveston because the houses up north are insulated and you are more comfy inside. So 40 degrees, yes, in Galveston, often 50 degrees, 60 in rare instances, but that still means get a coat on to go outside and you might need to purchase an extra electric heater to put by your feet at night inside. Just saying.......

But the OP is not looking at Galveston anyway so they will be more comfortable further south to get a nice warmer climate in the winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2019, 08:00 AM

1,965 posts, read 1,266,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
I don't feel that way at all - if you're coming to Galveston to escape the northern winter you will not find the T shirt weather you are looking for. I'd actually rather be in Washington State during the winter than Galveston because the houses up north are insulated and you are more comfy inside. So 40 degrees, yes, in Galveston, often 50 degrees, 60 in rare instances, but that still means get a coat on to go outside and you might need to purchase an extra electric heater to put by your feet at night inside. Just saying.......

But the OP is not looking at Galveston anyway so they will be more comfortable further south to get a nice warmer climate in the winter.
Your feelings are irrelevant, we're talking about facts in general. Galveston still is objectively a mild winter respite in relation to northern winter temperatures, regardless of any differences in home insulation. End of story.

OP is better off maximizing their time at RGV/SPI during winter if they are looking for the best escape from cold. Low home insulation would still be a factor there too.

Old 12-26-2019, 08:47 AM

1,082 posts, read 833,083 times
Don't start getting snarky on this thread and telling people their input is irrelevant. I'll have it closed. I am so tired of that kind of BS with communication on here. It just isn't necessary. Either give some good input or just move on. Don't

Old 12-26-2019, 09:56 AM

1,965 posts, read 1,266,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Don't start getting snarky on this thread and telling people their input is irrelevant. I'll have it closed. I am so tired of that kind of BS with communication on here. It just isn't necessary. Either give some good input or just move on. Don't
It's just simple facts - feelings and perceptions are irrelevant in the context of discussing facts, objectivity is all that matters in that situation. It's a different story when it comes to just sharing experience.

Anyway, glad you've made your decision. Hopefully you enjoy your new location.

Last edited by kemahkami; 12-26-2019 at 10:05 AM..

Old 12-28-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappyJoe View Post
It's just simple facts - feelings and perceptions are irrelevant in the context of discussing facts, objectivity is all that matters in that situation. It's a different story when it comes to just sharing experience.

Anyway, glad you've made your decision. Hopefully you enjoy your new location.
Well, There are facts sure... But there are also the feelings that come along with relocating to a new place. They are very real and certainly far from irrelevant (your words). And facts or feelings, just say that. No need to talk down to some one else who is providing valuable input.

I'm sure I will enjoy it. Thank you.

Old 06-24-2020, 06:09 AM

Just updating this thread. We finally got to spend some time on the coast in a few different places. Surfside Beach, Corpus, and went as far south as Kingsville. i think Surfside is going to be our landing place. Though I like the beaches in Corpus a little better being closer to Padre, the vibe in the city is just not us. Lake Jackson and Surfside are smaller and more laidback. Corpus felt very touristy and like San Diego in the summertime. No thanks. Anyways, thanks for the input everyone. We will prolly make the move next month.

Old 06-24-2020, 10:18 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,004,506 times
Let us know how you enjoy Surfside or Lake Jack, wherever you end up

Old 06-24-2020, 02:14 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,267,922 times
Just went to Rockport a few weeks ago. If it were not for hurricanes that is a place I would consider moving to. Far enough from Corpus, yet at the same time still close enough to Corpus if you need something.

Old 07-13-2020, 04:14 AM

23,688 posts, read 9,377,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Would love some input form any and all experiences. Looking at jobs down there and would like to know if it's true Beach town or more like a giant lake. Thanks!
they are more fishing towns not beach towns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas