Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 02:13 PM

1,148 posts, read 2,780,395 times

Advertisements

Austin is your best choice to ride out the storm. Texas is like California in the 60's rabidly Republican and its going to burn even hotter Republican for the next 7 years while Obama is President. Honestly I think some of the hardcore right wing nutcases are going to go so loopy during that time that your life could be in danger in parts of Texas if you're a gay liberal. All that empty rage is going to burn out though and Texas will go Democrat sometime down the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 02:18 PM

4,726 posts, read 11,978,728 times
Once again, this is a very old thread, folks. I'm sure the OP is long gone.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:41 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbius View Post
Austin is your best choice to ride out the storm. Texas is like California in the 60's rabidly Republican and its going to burn even hotter Republican for the next 7 years while Obama is President. Honestly I think some of the hardcore right wing nutcases are going to go so loopy during that time that your life could be in danger in parts of Texas if you're a gay liberal. All that empty rage is going to burn out though and Texas will go Democrat sometime down the road.
I would say El Paso which is very anti-Republican and liberal.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:35 PM

62 posts, read 165,787 times
As others have suggested... Austin would be the best place for you to consider. But I do have quite a few gay friends that are pretty happy here in Houston and surprisingly not living in the Montrose area.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:48 PM

31 posts, read 128,426 times
Try Ohio is it the butt hole State of the Union.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:22 AM

127 posts, read 403,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveitorleaveit View Post
Considering that :

- i'm gay
- i'm an anti-NRA activist
- i'm a anti-death penalty activist
- i'm an anti-republican activist
- i'm a kyoto-protocol activist

what's the best place for me to live in Texas??

You should come to NJ. I don't have a problem with anyone that is gay - live and let live - but people with your beliefs listed above are why we are leaving NJ.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:04 PM

10 posts, read 27,307 times
Default not a good idea

Man I don't think you would be happy here at all. Your beliefs is cool, but throw it around here and it might get you in trouble. Stay in the cities for sure, the good ol' boys won't listen to it for a minute. Not saying you would be struttin around preaching it or anything. I don't have problem with gay people at all, I think everyone has the right to be happy, but here in Texas they really don't reconize it. Partnerships don't exist. If you have a partner and say he gets hurt or sick, doctors will ask you to leave the room while they are speaking with him, cause your not a blood relative. Just things like that. I know they have had problems too with the gay bars in some places like ft worth, hate crime crap. Its just alot country folk that just really don't understand, and if they don't understand it then they try and make them want to go somewhere else. But, anyway I don't think you would like it to much here man. Some things might just flat drive you nuts, like being a gun control freak, with all the trucks driving around with rifles hanging in the back window.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:20 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,744,433 times
In Dallas, Houston, and Austin, the OP would be perfectly fine and probably happy. Elsewhere in the state, even I would struggle. El Paso would probably be ok because its not as hardcore and a Democratic stronghold.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:08 PM

9 posts, read 78,783 times
If you're all of that why on earth would you even want to move to Texas??

Old 09-21-2009, 03:26 PM

4,726 posts, read 11,978,728 times
I just checked and it appears that the OP hasn't posted since May 2008. Folks, I think he's left the room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas