Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 08:07 AM

109 posts, read 405,352 times

Advertisements

Blondie1,
I would also recommend Granbury or Glen Rose, two great towns a few miles south of Fort Worth, which is also a wonderful place.
Great area for kids. Granbury is built around a pretty lake, has a wonderful historic downtown area and city park, and is situated in some beautiful Brazos River and Paluxy River valley country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2007, 09:35 PM

10 posts, read 48,225 times
Here is my 2 cents. Mont Belvieu is located btw Houston 30miles Baytow 18 miles and Beaumont 65 miles. I lived there from '61 to '86. We arrived the population was 546 we had 23 student in my graduating class. Today the population is @ 6000. The Barbers Hill ISD is Hands Down the best district for a childs education. Their (our) town was relocated to Eagle Drive south of where Mont Belvieu stood for many decades. Founded by the Barber family.
The churches, schools, City hall from PreK to High school are All located on the same road. Plenty for the whole family to enjoy. Economics great, Plenty of Big companies on and around the ship channel.great fishing gets hot and humid but that'sTexas.

Old 06-02-2007, 07:55 PM

1 posts, read 4,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie1 View Post
no
no preference i just dont want to be living with a bunch of mexican speaking mexicans lol no offense to anybody
and i dont wanna stick out like a sore thumb i'm white and i'd like to be among my own people
just looking for a nearly crime/drug free place
that has stuff to do for my child
and work for me a bar store or diner
and of course church is a big thing but seeing how this is texas were talking about i dont need to ask

hey blondie1 it seems to me your the kind of person i would be wanting to avoid, looking for work in a bar ???

Old 06-03-2007, 04:08 AM

3,494 posts, read 14,379,117 times
ya know, not everyone has the privilege of a college degree or education.
maybe she enjoys that sort of work.
it takes all kinds to make the world go around.
i dont care if she works in a bar or a grocery store or on Wall Street, as long as she aint like the growing population of people who are living off the government on welfare
i respect anyone who makes the choice to be productive and a tax paying citizen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oiramb1 View Post
hey blondie1 it seems to me your the kind of person i would be wanting to avoid, looking for work in a bar ???

Old 06-03-2007, 12:28 PM

219 posts, read 717,953 times
I grew up in a little town called Cuero in DeWitt county (pop. ~6,500). If you like quiet, small towns this is definitely one of them. The closest large town is Victoria (pop. ~60,000). Cuero's big claim to fame is the annual Turkeyfest it has every 2nd weekend in October with such events as cowpattie bingo and the "king ugly" contest as well as the traditional turkey race and parade.

Here's some information on both the towns if anyone is interested:

Cuero, Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Victoria, Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-03-2007, 06:32 PM

5,441 posts, read 7,733,177 times
no preference i just dont want to be living with a bunch of mexican speaking mexicans lol no offense to anybody

Laredo or Del Rio should fit your criteria nicely.

Old 06-13-2007, 03:43 PM

7 posts, read 33,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2112 View Post
Seymour comes to mind... in Baylor County. So does Shamrock, Dalhart, and Jacksboro. Canyon seems more artsy. Regardless... most of the towns in the panhandle and west North Texas all seem to give me that classic "small town" feel.
Can anyone tell me more about Shamrock?

Old 06-14-2007, 06:18 AM

136 posts, read 620,981 times
Kerrville is a nice town, safe and clean. It has good parks for kids, and things for them to do. And, since you're asking, it has some very cool bars, places that are fun to visit, with live music on weekends and friendly atmospheres.

Old 06-14-2007, 07:59 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,339,102 times
I would echo Meg's assessment of Kerrville I lived there for 10 years. I now live just outside Fredericksburg and though it is a tourist town I enjoy it more than Kerrville. It has many activities going on such as Octoberfest, Old Night in Fredericksburg, Mesquite Fest ect... Schools in both towns are well regarded also. You have to be able to put up with a little summer heat though.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:22 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,910,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdiver View Post

Laredo or Del Rio should fit your criteria nicely.
laredo would be the absolute last city in texas to pick....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas