Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2023, 05:23 PM

29 posts, read 19,018 times

Advertisements

Greeting fellow Texans,

Today seemed as good as any--and maybe better--to pop in and say "Merry CHRISTmas Y'all!" and a "HAPPY NEW YEAR", and remind y'all to be sure and eat some black-eyed peas on the latter for good luck in 2024,--and because--of course-- it's a cherished tradition down here in our sweet,sunny(usually), Texas/Southland. I also wanted to give y'all a little "Christmas card" to view by clicking on the link beow. Please forgive me ahead of time if it doesn't work because I typed it up myself and I am quite the novice at that/this sort of thing; if it doesn't come out/work/I will try something else a bit later on. Now--on the off chance it DOES work alright, honesty compels me to admit I can't rightfully take credit for its original creation. That honor rightfully belongs to the good folks at the Miller High Life(beer) Brewing Company. The "card" first came out in 1977--or maybe 1981-- in the form of an ad spot. Some/many of y'all will probably remember it and-- if you're anything like me-- it will probably be with more than a little misty-eyed nostalgia- as it became-- almost inargruably-- the most popular--and beloved commercial ad of all time anywhere. If the link doesn't work, it is SO worth watching that I strongly encourage everone to seek and check it out on your own(more on that in a minute). The theme of the "card" is a single-horse drawnsleigh-ride through a picturesque New England village with a perfect Christmacy winter-wonderland scenery. All the while--in the background-- the song "I'll Be Home for Christmas" is being crisply played note by clear-ringing-note on the piano. The song was composed in 1943--during WW2-- and when vocally recorded and released--became a huge hit and very popular--for obvious reasons--on both the home and battle-fronts--with civilians and our American servicemen and women. Well, enough of the musical/vintage '40's era/trivia lesson. So I'll close off by wishing my fellow Lone-Star brothers and sisters a Merry Christmas and Happy New Years (and don't forget them delicious SOUTH black-eyed peas!).
Best to all and to all a good-night

Randy( Reb) in Wichita Falls, Texas

https://wreckingcrewproductions.com/...mas-commercial

P.S.

As mentioned above, if the link doesn't come out/work, the "card" is so worth seeing, please check it out for yourselves. A good way would probably be by going to the "You Tube" or "Google" site and typing in the searh-phrase: "1981 vintage miller high life commercial sleigh ride ill be home for christmas"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2023, 10:15 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,628,678 times
Merry Christmas Randy, my friend.

Great to see you pop in here. Your essays are missed !

Long live you and long live Texas!

Bob

Old 12-19-2023, 03:59 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Hello, Randy/Reb. and thank you for the card - the link worked for me!

Old 12-19-2023, 09:24 PM

712 posts, read 393,164 times
Happy Fesitivus, Texas subforum.

Old 12-20-2023, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Merry Christmas Randy, my friend.

Great to see you pop in here. Your essays are missed !

Long live you and long live Texas!

Bob
^^^ Back atcha old buddy. Looking forward to keeping in better contact with you, my good friend. Thaks for the rep point!

Old 12-20-2023, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Hello, Randy/Reb. and thank you for the card - the link worked for me!
Hiya Miss Kathy, Great to see you and glad the link worked for you. I tested it out for myself after I posted it and noticed it did(work that is). Yeah--IMHO-- that commercial/"card"-- was a true classic; probably the best ever produced/filmed. Keep in touch,Texas sis, ya hear?

Old 12-20-2023, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
Merry Christmas Young Man.

Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas.
Hoping to hear more from you in the new year
Well, thank y uou kindly ma'am. And--once again-- the very same back to you and yours as well

Old 12-24-2023, 12:53 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,770,375 times
Randy, I enjoyed seeing this Christmas card from the Miller Brewing Company again, it's ageless. Thanks for posting the link.

Have yourself a Very Merry Christmas!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas