Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 04:45 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,948,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
got to the point that the grocery store would give patrons coupons or raffle tickets for deli food if you took the time to physically bring the cart back into the foyer of the store!! That didn't work so now it's back to the old congested way.
Why not hire some kid to round them up hourly and keep the parking clear and clean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2007, 04:51 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,152,081 times
Remember this was in Florida...the idea of actually paying some kid to round them all up is too easy and way too logical...

Old 01-02-2007, 05:03 PM

Oh sorry, there I go thinking again. heh heh.. Ill work on that. Wink.

Old 01-02-2007, 05:17 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
I never park close to the front door of any place. I park out in the back forty too but not too far out. I don't want rolling carts or cars flying thru the parking lot to hit my car out in the open. I also watch what I park beside. If the car is too close to one side, move on. I won't tell where I try to park at my favorite SuperTarget as there are only about 8 spots like it in the lot and by parking there NO ONE can park beside me. I like it that way. I abhor dents in my car put there by lazy people that have no respect for themselves or others. I like my car just the way it came home from the lot, dentless.

Years ago when I did shop at wallyworld I complained everytime I went there about the number of carts left all over the parking lots. I was told they only had two people that they had on staff that that was their job and if they were not there that day, too bad. Okay fine, I won't shop here.

Target has several people that gather carts all the time. You hardly ever see carts all over the place there unless somebody was just too lazy to walk the 10 extra feet to put it in the return.

Old 01-02-2007, 09:26 PM

9 posts, read 31,339 times
Has anyone been to a grocery store in Europe? You have to insert a coin (1 or 2 euros) to disconnect the carts from the return thing in the parking lot, then reconnect to get your money back. I think that would help....except that since our largest coin is only 25 cents it might not be effective.
Isn't there a system like that in airports?

Old 01-02-2007, 09:57 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,152,081 times
^^I've noticed that at grocery stores in Europe concerning the rental of the cart. But I've also noticed that many shop more frequently there than Americans do so that when they do shop, they usually can carry it all home with them in their own bag that they've brought with them.

Old 01-02-2007, 10:03 PM

When I was in Germany, We would goto the market and buy what we were going to have that day. So we had a very small fridge.. Also we had no closet in any room of the house. I thought was strange.

they do that at the Mall here. The charge 50 cents for stroller carts.. and you get 25 cents back once its returned. Most people still leave them out, so kids hang out and grab them and return them for free money.. so I guess in a way it still works.

Old 01-03-2007, 12:48 AM

3,494 posts, read 14,376,939 times
i am going to make sure i park right next to you! make room for my big Texas truck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
LOL Belle, does my fat guy offend you.. My wife worked hard to put it there, and keep me off the market.. hahaha. Im only kidding.. I always park in the north forty or off to one side and walk in.. please dont follow my trend you keep looking for that one close spot.. I kinda like it out there by myself.. no dents or dings in my truck, and I can get out of the parking lot faster.. so please dont park out there with me. =0)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: