Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 06:38 PM

660 posts, read 2,435,451 times

Advertisements

hey
i'm looking in those areas to move to does anybody know about any of them
i have a little girl so need some stuff to do for her
not looking for something very modern or expensive can only afford in the 600 range at most
and where english is the main language spoken ...dont know any spanish
and some bars or diners for work
if anybody can help or have any suggestions on other places to that can fit especially my price range it would be greatly appreciated
feel free to p.m. me if u want
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2007, 08:41 AM

3,494 posts, read 14,327,041 times
bedford is a very congested busy suburb of Ft Worth and too expensive for you unless you want to live in section 8 housing. too much crime there anyway.
i would stay away from HEB-Hurst, Euless, Bedford areas of Ft Worth.
aint Anna in Parker County, near Aledo? if i am right, yes yes perfect place, but hard to find rentals-mostly ranches and houses.
you should be able to find plenty of cheap rentals in Johnson County-south of Ft Worth....e.g. Cleburne, Burleson etc....but they are growing towns-way too big for my taste anyway. i lived in Grandview for a short time and it was nice.
White Deer near Pampa and Amarillo-nice country town-you should be able to find inexpensive rentals there or in Pampa, hope you got to watch Dateline in Pampa last week!!
my favorite area is Wise County and Jack County.....where i spent most of my adult years

Last edited by NOTAM; 01-02-2007 at 08:43 AM.. Reason: add info

Old 01-02-2007, 10:32 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,800,235 times
I have to disagree with you about crime in Bedford bellestar. Bedford is a pretty safe city. And as for rent. We lived in an apartment in Bedford before we bought our house in Hurst and paid 650 a month for a two-bedroom apartment just north of 183 (south Bedford isn't quite as nice). It was in a safe neighborhood and we never experienced any crime. We now live in Hurst (for seven years now) and haven't experience ANY crime in any manner. I'm not sure where you got your stats from about HEB being a bad area. As for traffic, yes, there is bad traffic but that will be anywhere in the DFW metroplex. The smaller towns such as Anna and places like that will have less congestion, but also less to do and less job opportunities.
Best of luck to you baby firely.

Old 01-02-2007, 12:02 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,198,475 times
Out of the three cities, Hurst, Euless, and Bedford, and according to crime stats on bestplaces, Hurst has the highest crime rate with Bedford and Euless running neck and neck although Euless is a tad higher in property crime.

Bestplaces rates crime (violent and property) on a scale from 1 to 10 with higher being worse. The overall average for the entire U.S. is 3/3.

Hurst = 5/6

Euless = 3/4

Bedford = 3/3

Anna = 2/1

White Deer = 2/2

Old 01-02-2007, 01:25 PM

thank you guys very helpfull

Old 01-02-2007, 01:52 PM

[ White Deer near Pampa and Amarillo-nice country town-you should be able to find inexpensive rentals there or in Pampa, hope you got to watch Dateline in Pampa last week!!
my favorite area is Wise County and Jack County.....where i spent most of my adult years[/quote]

forgot to ask you belle what happend on dateline

Old 01-02-2007, 02:39 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,327,041 times
it just was a show on Pampa being a "high school football town"...it was a good show....

Old 01-02-2007, 02:54 PM

bellestaroftexas

I've lived here for seven years and never experienced a break in or even vandalism of any sort, and I am a property owner. You are going to find property and violent crimes of the sorts you are speaking of in any large metropolitan area such as the DFW metroplex and Hurst/Bedford is below average for the DFW metroplex, of that I am sure. There's no doubt that Pampa, Anna, and places like that will always have lower crime because they are in a more rural setting.
Also, crime statistic are always somewhat subjective because some places do not report their crimes accurately. I can speak from experience, and Hurst, at least North Hurst where I live, is one of the most crime free areas in the DFW metroplex.

Old 01-02-2007, 03:05 PM

Crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 325.2)

Hurst - 374.9
Grand Prairie - 380.7
Fort Worth - 542.6
Arlington - 484.6
Austin - 436.7
Bedford - 306.9
Tyler - 451.6
Irving - 367.4

So, as you can see, the crime in Hurst, although higher than the national average, is on par or below most of the cities in the DFW Metropolitan area and areas outside the DFW area, such as Austin, that are deemed pretty desirable places to live. These crime stats are off the city data websites for each of these cities. As I said earlier, of course crime will be lower in places like Pampa or Anna, but that is to be expected because of the lower populations. Please don't make Hurst out to be some hotbed of crime, the city is very safe.

Old 01-02-2007, 03:14 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,198,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 325.2)

Hurst - 374.9
Grand Prairie - 380.7
Fort Worth - 542.6
Arlington - 484.6
Austin - 436.7
Bedford - 306.9
Tyler - 451.6
Irving - 367.4

So, as you can see, the crime in Hurst, although higher than the national average, is on par or below most of the cities in the DFW Metropolitan area and areas outside the DFW area, such as Austin, that are deemed pretty desirable places to live. These crime stats are off the city data websites for each of these cities. As I said earlier, of course crime will be lower in places like Pampa or Anna, but that is to be expected because of the lower populations. Please don't make Hurst out to be some hotbed of crime, the city is very safe.
Hey Synopsis,

Where do you go to find your crime numbers? I like what you've posted better than what I've seen on best places, the 1 to 10 scale.

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas