Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 04:53 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times

Advertisements

Why not just google the company to see on their site. I beleive the closest is san antonio. Also you can google things for children to do naming the city;state.Moght be different than your use to but i would say a tour on the YO Ranch would thrill most kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2016, 04:42 PM

2 posts, read 2,331 times
It is a racist town especially if your hispanic.we had two bad incidents happen too us there both times at walmart two different occasions .one time someone called the police on us because my daughter was born with birthmark on her face and someone thought we had abused her totally racial ((older white Lady)) called didn't even have the decency too ask first. just caled police and we were detained in the parking lot until they ask question good thing we had documentation.second time we were being followed inside of store we were there shopping we were living about 10 miles out of town at the time so we were killing time before we had to go get the kids from scool and then home ,anyways we noticed we were being followed by two gentleman .we first noticed them at the electronics dept. they didn't have any uniforms on so i turn at tell my wife that i noticed them and she says your crazy No one is following us i .said they are . i told her then I said ok lets go over too the boys clothing dept and sure enough we noticed them so we asked them and then one of them says why you doing something wrong.we got upset at that point and asked too talk too the manager .and instead he called the police and we explained too the police the situation you know what he did he told us too leave and gave us a paper that we couldn't come back .we weren't caught shoplifting or doing anything wrong but because we were Hispanic the officer didn't care or the manager what we said it's sad that it doesn't matter if I'm 4th generation American I'm not given the same rights or respect as any other American but I'm Hispanic I'm not considered as an American in kerrville.

Old 02-23-2016, 01:51 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,052,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedWords View Post
I grew up in Kerrville and my family still lives there. We also own a home there and I hope to live there again one day. K'ville is a great place to raise kids. Racism, in general, can be an issue in that part of Texas, but in Kerrville, it's much lower on the radar, it seems. Not sure why, but racism didn't seem to be as prevalent there as it has been in other Texas cities I've lived in for periods of time.

The cost of living there is relatively low, though property taxes will kill you, so I would advise you to purchase outside of the city limits...no city taxes... I actually went to school in Ingram (small town, six miles from K'ville, but still basically K'ville) and my son went to Ingram and Hunt, TX schools for a period of time, as well.

Overall, K'ville is a very pleasant and friendly place!
I think the large art and music festivals that are hosted in Kerrville every year bring in a lot of people from many other places in the country, giving Kerrville a much more worldly exposure and outlook on things than a similarly sized but more isolated communities would have.

I would consider it a place for myself to retire if it weren't surrounded by Mountain Cedar, which I am very allergic to.

Old 02-23-2016, 01:59 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,052,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melgeo36 View Post
It is a racist town especially if your hispanic.we had two bad incidents happen too us there both times at walmart two different occasions .one time someone called the police on us because my daughter was born with birthmark on her face and someone thought we had abused her totally racial ((older white Lady)) called didn't even have the decency too ask first. just caled police and we were detained in the parking lot until they ask question good thing we had documentation.second time we were being followed inside of store we were there shopping we were living about 10 miles out of town at the time so we were killing time before we had to go get the kids from scool and then home ,anyways we noticed we were being followed by two gentleman .we first noticed them at the electronics dept. they didn't have any uniforms on so i turn at tell my wife that i noticed them and she says your crazy No one is following us i .said they are . i told her then I said ok lets go over too the boys clothing dept and sure enough we noticed them so we asked them and then one of them says why you doing something wrong.we got upset at that point and asked too talk too the manager .and instead he called the police and we explained too the police the situation you know what he did he told us too leave and gave us a paper that we couldn't come back .we weren't caught shoplifting or doing anything wrong but because we were Hispanic the officer didn't care or the manager what we said it's sad that it doesn't matter if I'm 4th generation American I'm not given the same rights or respect as any other American but I'm Hispanic I'm not considered as an American in kerrville.
I am sorry that you had such negative experiences. However, your two isolated, anecdotal and possibly paranoid experiences do not in themselves mean there is a huge racist problem there. I find it a little hard to believe that it is as racist as you contend when 28% of the population in Kerrville is Hispanic.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:24 PM

2 posts, read 2,331 times
How many are in office

Old 03-06-2016, 07:59 PM

398 posts, read 394,606 times
I'd move there in a heart beat if I got offered a good job there.

Old 03-12-2016, 04:17 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,694 posts, read 58,012,579 times
Good employees are hard to find, (Kerrville or elsewhere, but Kerrville especially!,,, i hire the local drunks and have to haul them too and from work, cuz they don't have DL..)

What is your skillset and wage requirements?

I just saw another employment ad from Mooney,
James Avery was planning to add staff when their new factory is complete. (Should be by now, or soon),
State Hospital usually has a few positions posted.
My friend that manages Taco Bell is often hiring....

I would try to get a job with county or state highway depts. or school district / colleges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas