Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 12:08 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,952,340 times

Advertisements

http://www.cornudas.builderspot.com/page/page/1655937.htm (broken link)

Now I am not sure if this is a joke or not, I saw some press on it a while back and forgot about it until a friend was asking me about it. I looked on Googlemaps and could not find anything worth a damn out in the desert there... besides more desert. So if you have been there what do you think of the idea? something you would invest in, or something to avoid.

How many years do you think it will take to build this thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2007, 01:04 PM

71 posts, read 346,115 times
I wonder where would they get the water from for their big resort?

We went to their grand opening about 2 years ago with VIP tickets and had to park in the bushes. They didn't even have a big enough parking area. Big disappointment.

Old 01-07-2007, 08:29 PM

Did they have anything built? Or were they still using the old cofee house that was there?

Old 01-07-2007, 08:50 PM

71 posts, read 346,115 times
When I drove by there about 4 weeks ago it looked abandoned. They still have the same 2 or 3 old western facades there and that's it. My co. tried to sell them something and there was a problem with coming up with the money. No condos yet ;-))

Old 01-07-2007, 09:35 PM

yeah I think this is one venture the Florida businessman made a big mistake on. I dont see anything ever becoming of it.

Old 02-28-2007, 11:31 AM

1 posts, read 18,754 times
Projects within the city limits take months maybe even years. Lets give this guy a chance. This is a project that takes some guts to undertake, we should expect it to break ground in the near future. Last I heard. They should be ready to break ground by April. Project was completely redesigned by former Disney imageries and illustrators. Plan development of RV lots, ranchets and rodeo arena and first of the hotel lodges may start as soon as late april early may.

Old 05-22-2007, 07:59 AM

262 posts, read 781,714 times
Default Wallacetown Follies

I live about 5 miles East of Cornudas, Texas. Oh, I'm sorry Jerry, Wallacetown U. S. A.
I am VERY familiar with the history of this "project", and it isn't good. First off He comes into town, looking down his nose at at the "hicks" in Dell City, throwing the promise of his money around. Then, he sets up this big "Job Fair" at the local Telephone Company office, where he offers jobs at minimum wage. THEN, he hires a ton of construction people for next to nothing, you get what you pay for, and they eventually have to go to the Texas labor board to get paid.
A close personal friend of mine sells land out here, and he was contacted by one of Jerry's people who wanted to buy some serious acerage. The problem was, that for all this guy's supposed money, he wanted to buy the land on contract.
There is NO septic system installed, and as of a town meeting held in Sierra Blanca over a year ago, there were no plans drawn up for one yet.
The roads that are on the sections that have the acerages were graded by another very good friend of mine, the same guy who did work on my land, and he had to fight to get paid.
For all this guys flash, there does not seem to be any bang at all. The signs that were put up east and west of Cornudas, showed great imagery, but if you looked down in the lower coner of each billboard, it says in small writing need not be built.
That's O. K., everyone in the area knows what kind of a joke this place is, I'm just glad that May finally got paid by Jerry, and is now enjoying her retirement.
I just feel sorry for any sucker that shells out their hard earned money buying something there before spending some time out here and seeing what it's like to live out here.
I'm not knocking the area, I love it here, but I moved here from the desert west of Phoenix, Az., and compared to there, this is both cooler, and wetter.
"Bad News" Brie

Old 06-10-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Who does Floridalandsales work for?

I guess he IS, or works for Wallace. I let it ride for a few weeks to see if Floridalandsales predictions about a flurry of activity came true, they didn't. NOTHING has been done out there, I KNOW, I only live a few miles away.
There appears to have been someone working on the dirt roads southwest of Cornudas recently. This is the area where Jerry Wallace is trying to sell land to folks that don't know that the water is HUNDEREDS of feet down, and will cost TENS OF THOUSANDS TO DRILL A WELL TO GET TO. The nearest small town where they roll the streets up at night is a 50 mile round trip away. El Paso, where everyone goes to do their shopping, is almost 100 miles round trip.
THINK about that before you buy any land, from any one out here folks. I like it here, but I knew what I was getting into BEFORE I bought land.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:24 AM

1 posts, read 18,552 times
Does anyone know what is going on today with Wallacetown?

Old 07-10-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Reply to polo's question

NOTHING has been happening at Wallacetown. Oh WAIT, something DID happen, several weeks ago, a gust front from a disipating thunderstorm blew part of the roof of a small gazebo down. Brie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas