Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 04:26 PM

52 posts, read 308,347 times

Advertisements

McCain's ideology scares me more than Obama's inexperience. We already have special op forces in Iran.

If Mcain is elected things could get really nasty. Once the first bomb falls on Iran, gas will shoot up over $10. a gallon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 05:24 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,341,199 times
of course! ya think i chose Calgary, Alberta for any other reason?? lol...
yeah you know i aint leavin' Texas...but i have ALWAYS dreamed of going to the Calgary Stampede. if you and I can get our dogs together in one house, with a dogsitter, maybe you and i can go up there together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Heh, good choice, Belle! I have good friends who live in Calgary and they came to visit me here two weeks ago. They keep telling me that Calgary and Texas are like sisters, sharing the oil industry, cowboys, rodeos, etc. They want me to go up there for the annual Calgary Stampede.

I'll tell you one thing you wouldn't like about Calgary, though -- the WEATHER! The temps go way down below 0 and the winters are LONG. It was still snowing in the middle of May there this year and my friends said that's not unusual!

I say that Texas just declares its independence again and we go it alone as our own Republic. We've got oil, wind energy, cotton, cattle, three growing seasons, big ole airports and ports, lots of rail, etc. Who needs the rest of 'em?! Heh, and this way we could limit the number of "immigrants" who want to come here from the Left Coast!

Old 06-29-2008, 06:11 PM

8 posts, read 66,258 times
Hello again people,

I must voice my opinions once again toward this Obama,Mccain issue. I often wonder why is Obama under a microscope far more than Mccain. People will use anything agaisnt Obama, the Rev. Wright issues, Obama's inexperience, how did Obama pay for college, we can't trust Obama for whatever reasons....man...why is Obama under the microscope more than Mccain????

I know the answer to this question...and many of you do too. Like I said before America is scared of what is different they are scared of someone different being in control of this country. Every president to this point has been white and yet we say this is an equal country and race is not an issue like it used to be in the past, and even though people are a little bit more cautious and hesitant to call us the "N" word to our face, they will damn sure say it behind our backs, smile in our face and act like they like black people and talk about us like dogs behind our backs. I would like to believe that Martin Luther King's dream is relevant more now that it was back then...that one day we will not be judged by the color of our skin but by the content of our character. This is clearly something that is not evident today. Black people are still judged by the color of their skin...and it comes to the surface in this presidential election. If we look at the politics of this race both candidates have issues that are questionable but I hear more of Obama's issues than Mccain. Come on now...is Mccain really the better candidate...hell no...but he's white so many of you will vote for him.

To the person who said how would I feel if people said they are gonna vote for Mccain because he's white...hell..thats what many americans are doing...they just don't admit it...lol. It won't hurt my feelings at all if someone says they are voting for Mccain because he is white...I really could care less. I do know that because of the way Bush has ran this country...many of america is ready for change...thank you George bush for your horrible politics and thank you Mccain for your support of George Bush...that is the reason why Obama will win this election.

Once again...no matter what anyone says...I state the truth, and that is, we still live in a very pro-white world, racism still exist and discrimination against my people(black people) still exist. This election has exposed this ugly truth. The world will find and search out everything negative about Obama, and they will put Obama under a microscope far more than Mccain...simply because they are looking for reasons not to vote for OBAMA..because they don't wanna just come out and say, " i'm not gonna vote for Obama because he's black." lol.....however, the inevitable will happen...OBAMA will be our next president. Every president has been white...and now Obama is not good enough for many of you to vote for him...but I wonder if Obama had no questionable issues, if he had all the experince in the world, if there was no Rev. Wright...would you vote for Obama then????? Face it...this election is about race...I don't think it...I'm convinced it is. I am willing to debate anyone on this issue....I'm just an e-mail away.

Old 06-29-2008, 06:14 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,904,771 times
Humm this is starting to become a thread for another area of the forums all together.. Maybe Politic Discussion?

Old 06-29-2008, 07:36 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,744,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tholsey View Post
Hello again people,

I must voice my opinions once again toward this Obama,Mccain issue. I often wonder why is Obama under a microscope far more than Mccain. People will use anything agaisnt Obama, the Rev. Wright issues, Obama's inexperience, how did Obama pay for college, we can't trust Obama for whatever reasons....man...why is Obama under the microscope more than Mccain????

I know the answer to this question...and many of you do too. Like I said before America is scared of what is different they are scared of someone different being in control of this country. Every president to this point has been white and yet we say this is an equal country and race is not an issue like it used to be in the past, and even though people are a little bit more cautious and hesitant to call us the "N" word to our face, they will damn sure say it behind our backs, smile in our face and act like they like black people and talk about us like dogs behind our backs. I would like to believe that Martin Luther King's dream is relevant more now that it was back then...that one day we will not be judged by the color of our skin but by the content of our character. This is clearly something that is not evident today. Black people are still judged by the color of their skin...and it comes to the surface in this presidential election. If we look at the politics of this race both candidates have issues that are questionable but I hear more of Obama's issues than Mccain. Come on now...is Mccain really the better candidate...hell no...but he's white so many of you will vote for him.

To the person who said how would I feel if people said they are gonna vote for Mccain because he's white...hell..thats what many americans are doing...they just don't admit it...lol. It won't hurt my feelings at all if someone says they are voting for Mccain because he is white...I really could care less. I do know that because of the way Bush has ran this country...many of america is ready for change...thank you George bush for your horrible politics and thank you Mccain for your support of George Bush...that is the reason why Obama will win this election.

Once again...no matter what anyone says...I state the truth, and that is, we still live in a very pro-white world, racism still exist and discrimination against my people(black people) still exist. This election has exposed this ugly truth. The world will find and search out everything negative about Obama, and they will put Obama under a microscope far more than Mccain...simply because they are looking for reasons not to vote for OBAMA..because they don't wanna just come out and say, " i'm not gonna vote for Obama because he's black." lol.....however, the inevitable will happen...OBAMA will be our next president. Every president has been white...and now Obama is not good enough for many of you to vote for him...but I wonder if Obama had no questionable issues, if he had all the experince in the world, if there was no Rev. Wright...would you vote for Obama then????? Face it...this election is about race...I don't think it...I'm convinced it is. I am willing to debate anyone on this issue....I'm just an e-mail away.

I'm not trying to downplay any thing you say and everyone to their own opinions that's for sure with me. But, please, don't kid yourself that anyone thinks racism has ceased to exist. No one in their right mind thinks that. The problem here is, it's not all one sided, don't act like it is. I think there are more questions regarding Obama because people actually don't know that much about him. Give it a break, you and I and everyone else knows about McCain, my Lord, how long has he been around? Actually, how many times has he run now? As far as discrimination, give people credit. I'm white, but one of my best friends is black. I worked with him for years and a finer person you will never meet. I know his family and they are all great people. As far as the remark about the N word, again, don't kid yourself. I used to hear it all the time. Who was using it? Not the white people. It was the blacks calling each other by that word. So, again, give us break, or don't, I don't really care. You should vote for whomever you choose, regardless of why you choose to do so. You have that privilege here in America. You are right on the mark about little George. He did the Democratic party a huge favor and actually you should be grateful to him. Also as to the remark about there has never been a black president, hmmm, when was the last time a black person ran for the office of president. I must have been sleeping.

I cannot say or remark on one's opinions. I don't know how or why they formed them, I do not walk in their shoes nor they in mine, but accusations are a complete different matter. You seem to be accusing white people and I gather all white people?, so right off we know that's wrong, of voting for McCain because he is white and the only alternative is a black man. Well, I say, that's questionable. But I agree, most Texans are the conservative bunch, so therefore that's why the vote swings that way. It's nothing that has just jumped up out of the blue, no drastic changes have really occurred here with the politics just because a black man is running. That's my feelings.

Oh and you all know we keep hearing about McCain's age, well of course he is old. Here is a little quote I stumbled across the other day and you might enjoy it, I hope so: Thomas Jefferson once said "We should never judge a president by his age, only by his works." And ever since he told me that I stopped worrying. - Ronald Reagan

Old 06-29-2008, 10:01 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,889,155 times
I would be shocked if Obama wins TX. I'd be equally shocked if McCain wins CA.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:48 PM

8 posts, read 66,258 times
Man...I'm gonna love replying to the messages on this page...page 11. You guys who are voting for Obama must read page 11, you guys who are black or not racist...please read page 11.

Now, where do I start...and these messages are all aimed at bellestaroftexas,Muhnay,Kofi713, teatime, and atxcio.

First to you atxcio, have you ever heard of student loans, pell grant, grants, or just plain old working hard to put yourself through school. I'm no genius but I'm guessing more than likely, thats how Obama paid his way through school...just like myself...there are those of us who receive student loans. Also, who gives a damn how Obama paid his way through school, he has a first rate education....shouldn't that matter more than how he paid for it...man I promise you people are looking for anything not to vote for Obama.

Now to the rest of you...Muhnay especially who sounds very prejudice and racist. What is this thing about affirmative action. I didn't think affirmative action existed anymore. I would like to believe black people receive jobs because they are qualified just like any white person. So you say you would move huh....lol. Thats funny because we both know you're not going anywhere...and if you do that will be great for all the non racist people....one less racist person in America. So kindly take your hind parts to whatever part of the world you would like...we won't miss you at all. To the rest of you, same thing applies.....I can instantly see immediate vacancies in apartments and houses. All of us staying will be glad to move into your places...lol.

So get the hell outta here with those idiot remarks....Barack Obama is smarter than all of you put together. Do any of you have a law degree, do any of you have what it takes to be a democratic nominee or a nominee period??? I think not, you all are just scared of a black man being president...deal with it and stop judging people by the color of their skin...this is not the 50's black people don't need affirmative action...come to the Dallas area you will be amazed how many black principals in school districts there are, how many black business owners, how many black college professors, how many black lawyers and doctors.

Now my name is at the top of this message...feel free to message me back...I'm not hard to find.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:14 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,818,803 times
Quote:
First to you atxcio, have you ever heard of student loans, pell grant, grants, or just plain old working hard to put yourself through school. I'm no genius but I'm guessing more than likely, thats how Obama paid his way through school...just like myself...there are those of us who receive student loans. Also, who gives a damn how Obama paid his way through school, he has a first rate education....shouldn't that matter more than how he paid for it...man I promise you people are looking for anything not to vote for Obama.
Huh? That was exactly the point I was making. How come people assume Obama magically appeared and got all these things handed to him? Do they not believe that he did the hard work, earned the scholarships, busted his butt and excelled to get where he is today? And if they are skeptical, why weren't they skeptical about Bill Clinton, or any of a number of presidential hopefuls who worked their way out of a meager background to contend for the highest office in the land?

BTW, my post said I was voting for Obama. I voted for him in the primary and caucused for him as well. I think you may be mixing me up with another person on the thread, or perhaps I made some sarcastic comment that was misinterpreted... sorry if I did.

Edit: I think I understand the confusion now. Read my reply #89 on this thread, and the follow-up #90 by lonestar (page 9 I think). That will make my response on page 11 make more sense. I was challenging lonestar to question how Bill Clinton got to where he was (education and all) when he ran for, and won, the presidency. After all, if people are going to say things "fell into his lap" when referring to Obama, they better be thinking the same thing about Bill Clinton, otherwise they are clearly hypocrites.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:30 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,904,771 times
Quote:
Muhnay especially who sounds very prejudice and racist. What is this thing about affirmative action. I didn't think affirmative action existed anymore. I would like to believe black people receive jobs because they are qualified just like any white person. So you say you would move huh....lol. Thats funny because we both know you're not going anywhere...and if you do that will be great for all the non racist people....one less racist person in America. So kindly take your hind parts to whatever part of the world you would like...we won't miss you at all. To the rest of you, same thing applies.....I can instantly see immediate vacancies in apartments and houses. All of us staying will be glad to move into your places...lol.
[sarcasm]Yeah, I am a raciest pig.. Your so insightful.. you can tell so much about a person from one tongue in cheek post.[/sarcasm]

I am really amazed at your ability to point the finger, when you really have no clue. I would like to know though what is so racial about my statement? Is it the fact I said affirmative action in regards to a black man who I feel is not qualified for the job he is seeking?

Yes I am planning on moving.. have not decided where yet, but I am guessing it will still be in Texas. But I would consider Vancouver if Obama gets elected... but yes your right, I would stick around long enough to see what the kid can do.. I think he is nothing but a bag of hot air, with a silver tongue, who will make things worse in America than they already are.. But thats whats great, we can disagree.

But don't worry.. you have no effect on me, no power over me, and are simply a mind over matter. I don't mind, because you don't matter. So go on with your angry words, and your attempt at hurting me and others.. I think you'll find the Mods here not too keen on that sorta thing.

Side note.. everyone is raciest in one way or another.. just how many of us are willing to admit it. There is no one on this Earth, that has not had a hateful thought about another.. no one.

NOW FOR A LESSON.. Merriam & Webster says,
Main Entry: racy Pronunciation: \ˈrā-sē\ Function:adjective Inflected Form(s):rac·i·er; rac·i·estEtymology: 3race Date:circa 1650 1 a: full of zest or vigor b: having a strongly marked quality : piquant <a racy flavor> c: risqué, suggestive <racy jokes>2: having the distinctive quality of something in its original or most characteristic form

racy

Old 06-30-2008, 04:15 AM

3,494 posts, read 14,341,199 times
funny how nobody addressed my post in this thread about the racism thing.....hmmm....maybe cuz i am right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas