U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 06-26-2008, 11:05 PM
 
9 posts, read 28,323 times
Reputation: 24

Advertisements

I've read many of the opinions toward this subject and I hear a lot of Mccain supporters and it seems as though many are against Obama. I actually don't care about the political aspect of this election because I think it doesn't matter who is in office....politics is politics and all candidates will say whatever they have to say to get elected.

However, what I wan't to emphasize is the chance for my people(black people) to make history. The thought of the first black president gets me excited. I don't care what anyone says about voting for Obama because he is black. Hell yeah, I am gonna vote for Obama because he is black, as much as my people have been oppressed, discriminated against, hated, and just the pure racism that we have to endure every single day. I don't care about pulling the race card because thats what this election is about, RACE. People are not ready for a black president and many of you who are voting for Mccain need to admit it. Those of you who are democrats but were for Hillary and now you have changed because Obama is the democratic candidate, lets face it that is bull and you people are traders...if you are start out democrat you should end democrat.

This election is about race and people are scared about a black man being president but we will choose a white man who is a weak candidate and will run this country further into the ground by supporting many of the bush policies. You people obviously have not been effected by gas prices, the current recession we are in, a horrible economy, a war that is taking an astronomical amount of money to support, the way hurricane katrina was handled, and a president who is as ignorant about the problems certain americans are facing and as out of sync with the american people like never before, thats what George Bush represents and that is what John Mccain represents. But lets face it....you people would rather see a white man in office than a black man and regardless of what any body says thats what this is about.

Don't tell me about politics this election is not about politics its about race and you all know that and I've said it several times in this message and I will say it again. Those of you who are voting for Mccain and saying that you don't think he will do a good job either but you're going to vote for him because you don't trust Obama....you people are clearly contradicting yourself and might as well admit you would rather vote for a white man than a black man.

In conclusion, I don't care how many people respond to this message. I don't care how many people are offended by it and feel a need to reply. My mind is made up and will not change, you will only be wasting your time. I am being real and honest...this election is about race. There is two things I'm certain of come November.....1. we will definitely have a new president.....2. He will be black. Deal with it.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-26-2008, 11:46 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
776 posts, read 1,583,020 times
Reputation: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by tholsey View Post
I've read many of the opinions toward this subject and I hear a lot of Mccain supporters and it seems as though many are against Obama. I actually don't care about the political aspect of this election because I think it doesn't matter who is in office....politics is politics and all candidates will say whatever they have to say to get elected.

However, what I wan't to emphasize is the chance for my people(black people) to make history. The thought of the first black president gets me excited. I don't care what anyone says about voting for Obama because he is black. Hell yeah, I am gonna vote for Obama because he is black, as much as my people have been oppressed, discriminated against, hated, and just the pure racism that we have to endure every single day. I don't care about pulling the race card because thats what this election is about, RACE. People are not ready for a black president and many of you who are voting for Mccain need to admit it. Those of you who are democrats but were for Hillary and now you have changed because Obama is the democratic candidate, lets face it that is bull and you people are traders...if you are start out democrat you should end democrat.

This election is about race and people are scared about a black man being president but we will choose a white man who is a weak candidate and will run this country further into the ground by supporting many of the bush policies. You people obviously have not been effected by gas prices, the current recession we are in, a horrible economy, a war that is taking an astronomical amount of money to support, the way hurricane katrina was handled, and a president who is as ignorant about the problems certain americans are facing and as out of sync with the american people like never before, thats what George Bush represents and that is what John Mccain represents. But lets face it....you people would rather see a white man in office than a black man and regardless of what any body says thats what this is about.

Don't tell me about politics this election is not about politics its about race and you all know that and I've said it several times in this message and I will say it again. Those of you who are voting for Mccain and saying that you don't think he will do a good job either but you're going to vote for him because you don't trust Obama....you people are clearly contradicting yourself and might as well admit you would rather vote for a white man than a black man.

In conclusion, I don't care how many people respond to this message. I don't care how many people are offended by it and feel a need to reply. My mind is made up and will not change, you will only be wasting your time. I am being real and honest...this election is about race. There is two things I'm certain of come November.....1. we will definitely have a new president.....2. He will be black. Deal with it.
I think my head just exploded. Its a sad day in this country when a candidate basically has carte blanche to do anything he wants just because he is black (or any color, creed, etc). Elections should be about POLICIES!! I dont care if the candidate has a bad personality, is ugly, or is a shape-shifting green alien from Jupiter. I'm gonna vote for someone that I agree with on policies and will research their past voting records and positions on issues. We are so screwed.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2008, 03:48 AM
 
1,859 posts, read 2,576,353 times
Reputation: 2097
Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan View Post
I think my head just exploded. Its a sad day in this country when a candidate basically has carte blanche to do anything he wants just because he is black (or any color, creed, etc). Elections should be about POLICIES!! I dont care if the candidate has a bad personality, is ugly, or is a shape-shifting green alien from Jupiter. I'm gonna vote for someone that I agree with on policies and will research their past voting records and positions on issues. We are so screwed.

You bet we're screwed. tholsey is right to some degree, it is a race ticket to a lot of people. Now that's where the screwing really rears its ugly head. There will be people who don't have a clue as to Obama's policies who will vote for him because he is black and they want a black man in office, history making at its worst.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2008, 05:54 AM
 
3,005 posts, read 5,665,011 times
Reputation: 1178
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
You bet we're screwed. tholsey is right to some degree, it is a race ticket to a lot of people. Now that's where the screwing really rears its ugly head. There will be people who don't have a clue as to Obama's policies who will vote for him because he is black and they want a black man in office, history making at its worst.
Hey they vote for GW and look how things turn out
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2008, 06:55 AM
 
Location: Texas
3,494 posts, read 9,639,261 times
Reputation: 1268
as conservativie Republican as I am, I actually thought Obama was a breath of fresh air, charismatic and down to earth. then when that Rev Wright stuff came out, I lost any respect for the guy.
tholsey states in his/her post that America is not ready for a black president. to some degree that may be true, but the truth is, you cant possibly go to a church for 20 years and not have been aware of the racist unpatriotic messages Rev Wright has been taped spewing more than a few times.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2008, 05:18 PM
 
1,994 posts, read 2,684,628 times
Reputation: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
as conservativie Republican as I am, I actually thought Obama was a breath of fresh air, charismatic and down to earth. then when that Rev Wright stuff came out, I lost any respect for the guy.
tholsey states in his/her post that America is not ready for a black president. to some degree that may be true, but the truth is, you cant possibly go to a church for 20 years and not have been aware of the racist unpatriotic messages Rev Wright has been taped spewing more than a few times.
After reading all of these quotes and getting some additional insight into Obama--based on early statements he made as a Senator quoted in this week's New Yorker magazine--I have decided that Obama gets my vote. I won't go through all of the issues. I do want to say, Bellestar, that I have been a member of a Methodist church for 26 years. We have had many pastors who have stated things with which I disagree. I cannot be held accountable for what my pastors believe even though I have continued to attend the church. There have been racial, theological, and political statements from the pulpit in my church that I cannot imagine being held accountable for just because I attend the church.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2008, 05:22 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
5,080 posts, read 3,245,677 times
Reputation: 1105
According to polls I have seen in many of the Texas forums.. not just here on CD but other places as well.. it seems McCain is the Texas choice.

Seems the polls are any where from 80% McCain, to 20% Obama, or 70% McCain, to Obama's 15%

So I would gather that Texas will go for McCain.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2008, 05:25 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
5,080 posts, read 3,245,677 times
Reputation: 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
After reading all of these quotes and getting some additional insight into Obama--based on early statements he made as a Senator quoted in this week's New Yorker magazine--I have decided that Obama gets my vote. I won't go through all of the issues. I do want to say, Bellestar, that I have been a member of a Methodist church for 26 years. We have had many pastors who have stated things with which I disagree. I cannot be held accountable for what my pastors believe even though I have continued to attend the church. There have been racial, theological, and political statements from the pulpit in my church that I cannot imagine being held accountable for just because I attend the church.
I am sorry, you are accountable, if you disagree and yet still attend that church.. then your no better than the preacher on the stage making the statements.. if you disagree, then you should do something, A: Leave the Church, B: Ask for the Pastor to be removed, C: Make a statement about how you disagree in a very public manner so everyone can see.

So I disagree, if you stay and continue to goto that church knowing where the heart and mind of the pastor lies.. then your laying with the devil and are held accountable.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2008, 10:32 PM
 
Location: Texas
3,494 posts, read 9,639,261 times
Reputation: 1268
to the poster that openly admits that he is voting for Obama because he is "black"....imagine if someone wrote in here, that they are voting for McCain because he is "white"....that person would be labeled a racist. it goes both ways.

i saw a bumper sticker the other day "O-bama, O-sheeyit".
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2008, 10:35 PM
 
Location: Texas
3,494 posts, read 9,639,261 times
Reputation: 1268
well, i dont always agree 100 percent with my cowboy church preacher, but the one thing i can say is that NEVER is there a LOUD SPEWING OF HATRED AND ANGER that Rev Wright displayed on many occasions from the pulpit. it's downright scary, radical. Shame on Obama. I would expect more from an educated intelligent man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
After reading all of these quotes and getting some additional insight into Obama--based on early statements he made as a Senator quoted in this week's New Yorker magazine--I have decided that Obama gets my vote. I won't go through all of the issues. I do want to say, Bellestar, that I have been a member of a Methodist church for 26 years. We have had many pastors who have stated things with which I disagree. I cannot be held accountable for what my pastors believe even though I have continued to attend the church. There have been racial, theological, and political statements from the pulpit in my church that I cannot imagine being held accountable for just because I attend the church.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top