Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 02:42 PM

51 posts, read 176,011 times

Advertisements

Honestly,I don't know whether it's appropriate to post it here.I'm sorry if this is somewhat annoying.

I'm new to college station and I bought a car...but I don't have driver license.
That means I have to apply for a driver license in the first place.

But I can't drive to the Department of public safety to take the test alone and I don't have friends here who can give me a ride.

Anyway,I really need someone to drive me there and maybe wait for a while.I have called local driving school,they asked for 130 bucks which seems to be too expensive for me.

Are there anyone who can help me? You'll be compensated for your time,everything is negotiable.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 03:24 PM

1,132 posts, read 2,113,548 times
Use a taxicab?

Old 07-02-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
Use a taxicab?
I will need my own vehicle to take the road test......

Old 07-02-2008, 03:28 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,881,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bund View Post
I will need my own vehicle to take the road test......
Rent a car.

Car rental in college station TX - Google Search

Old 07-02-2008, 03:33 PM

I have a car...
and I need a driver license to rent a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post

Old 07-02-2008, 03:51 PM

636 posts, read 1,909,384 times
You know Bund, Aggies everywhere will be paying for your post for some time to come... If I was still in CS, I'd give you a lift and ask for nothing in exchange except that you remove this post, and put it in the Austin forum...

I'm going to give you positive rep, and pray that you'll delete your post when you finally solve your dilemma.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:53 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,674,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycobb2522 View Post
You know Bund, Aggies everywhere will be paying for your post for some time to come...

LMAO!!! That is what I was just thinking. I'd offer up my Aggie BIL to give you a ride next time he is there but he would charge you more than that and he would want to use YOUR CAR for himself to drive. Talk about tight..... the dude is so tight Rodney Dangerfield could spend a year cracking jokes about just him.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:56 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,881,829 times
Oh sorry, my misunderstanding. Guess I should of read your post, and not the replies.. DUH..

Can you ask a neighbor?

Call and ask the local DMV for assistance, maybe the tester can pick you up and bring you out, or a Patrol officer can lend a hand, after all they are there to protect and SERVE! Point out its their civic duty to assist you... after all your trying to be a proper citizen by following the law and not driving there with out a license.

But to be honest, I have seen many people drive themselves to the DMV to take the test with out the licenses in El Paso.

If I was there, I would have no problem helping you out.. but sorry to say I am clear across the state.

Good luck though.

EDIT: AGGIE JOKE!

A Texas Tech Student was jumping up and down on this metal grate repeating the number 91 as he jumped.. along comes an Aggie, "hey man what ya doin", he asked.. "Jumping up and down and counting", he replied. "You seem to be stuck on 91" asked the Aggie. "Humm your correct, maybe you can help me, by jumping here for me, maybe I can get a drink and that will fix it.." the TT student suggested. Sure, why not I am always willing to help said the Aggie.. so he climbed up and started to jump up and down, up and down, saying 91 as he did.. the TT student quickly pulled the grate and down the Aggie went.., replacing the grate he climbed back up and began to jump and down, saying 92 as he did.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:57 PM

636 posts, read 1,909,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
LMAO!!! That is what I was just thinking. I'd offer up my Aggie BIL to give you a ride next time he is there but he would charge you more than that and he would want to use YOUR CAR for himself to drive. Talk about tight..... the dude is so tight Rodney Dangerfield could spend a year cracking jokes about just him.
What does BIL mean, as I hang my head and whimper.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:58 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,674,599 times
How did you test drive the car at the dealership w/o a license? Hope you have insurance on it as well. It is REQUIRED you know. Without a license I highly doubt they are going to insure it. And when you go to register the car w/ the state you MUST show proof of insurance. They might even ask for it when you go to take your driving test. You will be getting a ticket before you even have a license.

Take up the offer from the Drivers Ed company. YOU NEED TO TAKE THE COURSE if your not even THIS familiar w/ the whole car ownership thing. Then the course will explain EVERYTHING to you in order to be able to get your license. They will first issue you a permit for you to have while completing the course. Then after completion of the course you can apply for your license. Pick up the phone and call the Drivers Ed place back and enroll ASAP! Otherwise, sell the car and buy a bicycle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas