Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 01:38 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,144,636 times

Advertisements

I hate divisive politics, but I am throwing this one out for debate. I suppose I should create a poll, but I don't know how. Which are you for? Who, in your opinion, will be best for Texas? Let's keep it civil.

I suspect that McCain will carry Texas easily. I also suspect that I will vote for Obama, but I can live with McCain. Honestly, I am sitting on the fence at this point.

How about you all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 01:51 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,680,109 times
I totally cannot stand Obama. I don't like McCain too much because of his stance on border/illegal issues but I'll more than likely vote for him anyway because at least I can call my congressman relentlessly on these issues. My mom is a Democrat, but she was for Hillary. She also can't stand Obama so is voting McCain. My dad as well. My stepdad is all about Obama and came to Austin to try and get a spot as a delegate. My husband is a McCain supporter in pretty much the same way I am. I have one sister going McCain and another one I'm not sure about, but we suspect she'll go Obama.

I don't like Obamas tax plans and government programs expanding. I disagree with nearly every far left leaning policy ever invented. If he didn't have a great speech writer, he probably couldn't glue 2 words together on his own. I don't think he's changed from his rascist stances, even if he decided it was politically expedient to drop from Rev. Wrights Church. Just because he did that doesn't mean his mind has changed. He'll do whatever it takes to get himself elected.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
I totally cannot stand Obama. I don't like McCain too much because of his stance on border/illegal issues but I'll more than likely vote for him anyway because at least I can call my congressman relentlessly on these issues. My mom is a Democrat, but she was for Hillary. She also can't stand Obama so is voting McCain. My dad as well. My stepdad is all about Obama and came to Austin to try and get a spot as a delegate. My husband is a McCain supporter in pretty much the same way I am. I have one sister going McCain and another one I'm not sure about, but we suspect she'll go Obama.

I don't like Obamas tax plans and government programs expanding. I disagree with nearly every far left leaning policy ever invented. If he didn't have a great speech writer, he probably couldn't glue 2 words together on his own. I don't think he's changed from his rascist stances, even if he decided it was politically expedient to drop from Rev. Wrights Church. Just because he did that doesn't mean his mind has changed. He'll do whatever it takes to get himself elected.
Thanks for your candid statements. I am somewhat liberal, and I wanted desperately to be able to support a woman or a black man, but I am also having some problems with Obama's policies. I am also having some problems with McCain. I am afraid that I will be voting for the lesser of two evils--whoever that is--on election day. Unfortunately, there is not a place on the ballot for "...none of the above."

Old 06-24-2008, 01:57 PM

869 posts, read 2,953,281 times
We should all just vote for this guy!!!

Project Vote Smart - Jackson Kirk 'Jack' Grimes - Biography

Check out his picture...how can you not want to vote for him?

And if this doesn't qualify him for being president, nothing will...

Quote:
Actor, Portrayed Adolf Hitler on Star Trek

Old 06-24-2008, 01:59 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,365,979 times
I was a Hillary supporter, so now I just don't know who I will vote for in Nov. There are things about Obama that I just do NOT trust, so I will probably end up voting for McCain. There just isn't a good candidate IMHO.

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 06-24-2008 at 02:00 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-24-2008, 02:06 PM

714 posts, read 2,931,161 times
To me, if you vote for someone because of their race or sex, you are dishonoring the voting system, and the men and women who died for it. I don't care what race or sex the candidate is, I look at their politics. I consider Obama too dangerous to be the President. However, if he wins I will pray for him to do what is right for this country. JMHO

There is not a good candidate. - true!

Old 06-24-2008, 02:08 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,187,633 times
Texas will support McCain of course. I don't like McCain but can atleast tolerate Obama.

Old 06-24-2008, 02:09 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,001,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanwannabe View Post
I was a Hillary supporter, so now I just don't know who I will vote for in Nov. There are things about Obama that I just do NOT trust, so I will probably end up voting for McCain. There just isn't a good candidate IMHO.
I totally agree with you. I should add, too, that experience is a big factor with me -- that's why I supported Hillary and why I will vote for McCain in November. Obama is SO not ready for prime-time and I actually think it's a shame. He would have been a much better candidate and choice if he had more experience in the Senate and a real record. He jumped the gun.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:21 PM

11,848 posts, read 26,840,844 times
You value experience, so you'd vote for HILLARY?!?! All of her experience came from being a First Lady, and (briefly) a Senator. I agree that Obama has even less experience than her, though.

I'll vote for McCain.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboybootnut View Post
To me, if you vote for someone because of their race or sex, you are dishonoring the voting system, and the men and women who died for it. I don't care what race or sex the candidate is, I look at their politics. I consider Obama too dangerous to be the President. However, if he wins I will pray for him to do what is right for this country. JMHO

There is not a good candidate. - true!
I am not voting for a candidate because of race or sex. I would like for us to have someone besides a white male who is qualified, but I was not pleased with Hillary and I have some reservations about Obama. All other things being equal, I might choose a female or other ethnicity over an anglo male, but only if they were as qualified or more qualified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas