Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 04:31 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,564,242 times

Advertisements

Wow, that's a cool shot. That's the price you pay for the scenery though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 04:41 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,221,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastender67 View Post
So jealous of Texas aren't you! Here's California as it ACTUALLY is.
That's cruel. That's like showing photos of Texas after a hurricane, flood, or tornado. That photo is gut-wrenching as are any of a state's disaster. Is that what it takes to "show up" a rival state? I hope no one does that about the terrible floods in the midwest this year if there are more arguments elsewhere on city-data about which state is prettier. Again, terribly cruel and a thoughtless low blow and posting such a thing because you think he's jealous of Texas. Sad!!

Keep in mind one reason why one doesn't see fires like that in many parts of the country is because of the lack of trees and forests in most areas. Yes, California is very dry right now; Mother Nature has been cruel in that respect. Those fires break my heart because they're ruining some very gorgeous areas not to mention how frightful and sad when a family's home goes up in flames or worse, if deaths are involved.

Actually, the photos of CA that were posted were not some of the best. No offense, sir, but California is much more beautiful than your photos depicted and I'm speaking as a Californian. Like all areas, there are some that aren't pretty no matter how one looks at them. I've never been fond of Death Valley, but some people find beauty in that and that's fine for them.

Many photos located in these forums of Texas have shown to be far prettier than the OP's photos. They're truly not doing California justice.

Old 07-12-2008, 04:53 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,881,829 times
We need to form a posse, and find the OP and do some mean things to him. How can anyone compare the Great State of Texas to that craptastic State of California. Only good thing In California is the Redwood Forest.. and thats more like Oregon, better than California any day. So make fun of Oregon.. they know what the real joke is.. and its south of them.

Old 07-12-2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Actually, the photos of CA that were posted were not some of the best. No offense, sir, but California is much more beautiful than your photos depicted and I'm speaking as a Californian. Like all areas, there are some that aren't pretty no matter how one looks at them. I've never been fond of Death Valley, but some people find beauty in that and that's fine for them.

No offense taken. The pix were from a phone camera, as mentioned, which look fine for 4x6 prints. I thought Death Valley was great though. We wanted to go even farther north but couldn't due to time constraints. We really needed a whole month instead of 2 weeks. What I posted was just a very small set of the hundreds of pictures I took, and except for Big Bend I still don't think Texas looks as good.

Old 07-12-2008, 05:29 PM

46 posts, read 84,060 times
I would have to agree that California is much more scenic than Texas. But so is Alaska, and I wouldn't want to live there either.

Old 07-12-2008, 06:17 PM

947 posts, read 3,129,520 times
California is baffling in the sense of for such a "fast growing economy" it operates on a budget deficit. It doesn't seem to be getting better the state is broke.

Texas operates on a budget surplus last I read it was 12 billion.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:14 PM

378 posts, read 1,437,001 times
They do have some similarities though Texas is a southern state though.
The main difference is that down in Texas we are much tougher breed then those Cali folk.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler guy View Post
They do have some similarities though Texas is a southern state though.
The main difference is that down in Texas we are much tougher breed then those Cali folk.
Oh, please. How do you define "tougher" breed? Would the cruel post about the fires be from one of a tougher breed?

Old 07-12-2008, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Oh, please. How do you define "tougher" breed? Would the cruel post about the fires be from one of a tougher breed?

No, some Californians are considered soft because many constantly complain about everything once they get here, especially the weather. Waahhh. Suck it up! That's what you get for being cheap. Add this fact to the nasal-whiny accent they will deny all day, and you have the perfect recipe for a very annoying, wimpy-ass person we would do better without.

Make sense?

Old 07-12-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
No, some Californians are considered soft because many constantly complain about everything once they get here, especially the weather. Waahhh. Suck it up! That's what you get for being cheap. Add this fact to the nasal-whiny accent they will deny all day, and you have the perfect recipe for a very annoying, wimpy-ass person we would do better without.

Make sense?
No, no sense to me. I think many people from many states complain about Texas "once they get here." Just because someone doesn't like something doesn't mean he/she is wimply. There are Texans on this forum that complain much too. I think that's just human nature although I suppose it does get old. Maybe people just need to vent now and again so they do it on a forum rather than at their job, homes, et al.

Californians really don't have accents. They talk totally normally, really; I'm not joking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas