Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 04:04 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,237,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnetx View Post
A Class A misdemeanor will work against you in the future.

You need to get it down to a class C or something less.
That's what I figured. A job can be replaced, having a criminal conviction can keep me from getting an apartment, getting a job etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 09:58 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Resigning means you will not get unemployment but then the employer can't release info. of why you left becuase they will fear a law suit. If your employer files a appeal on a suspension tho you maybe called to testify because it is really them the TABC will fine. Its like pubic intoxiction at a bar the peole arrest are just part of the case against the bar having it license suspended.What they probably will do is give you a unajudicated sentence that will disapear form your record if you complete the class. Ohterwise all teh judge has to do is sentence you if you don't.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:21 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Resigning means you will not get unemployment but then the employer can't release info. of why you left becuase they will fear a law suit. If your employer files a appeal on a suspension tho you maybe called to testify because it is really them the TABC will fine. Its like pubic intoxiction at a bar the peole arrest are just part of the case against the bar having it license suspended.What they probably will do is give you a unajudicated sentence that will disapear form your record if you complete the class. Ohterwise all teh judge has to do is sentence you if you don't.
Most respectable employers will not do/say anything other than verify dates of employment.

The purpose of TABC certification is to take the liability away from the retailer, and put it directly onto the server/seller. The server/seller will be the one ticketed/arrested/fined/convicted, not the retailer, provided the employees are TABC certified.

Old 07-26-2008, 01:06 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,237,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I didn't think I was eligible for unemployment if I was fired. I'm not sure how it will show on my job record, they never officially got the chance to tell me I was teminated, nor did I sign anything saying I was terminated. I spoke with my former boss after handing in my resignation and he said it will still be condsidered termination. I've applied for 10 jobs already and had two interviews. I have been completely honest about whats going on. I'm gonna try and get out of the grocery business completely, and with any luck retail all together.

I did meet with my attorney today, and he's charging me what my fine would have been anyhow, so i figured why not.

Old 07-26-2008, 01:22 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryS80 View Post
I didn't think I was eligible for unemployment if I was fired. I'm not sure how it will show on my job record, they never officially got the chance to tell me I was teminated, nor did I sign anything saying I was terminated. I spoke with my former boss after handing in my resignation and he said it will still be condsidered termination. I've applied for 10 jobs already and had two interviews. I have been completely honest about whats going on. I'm gonna try and get out of the grocery business completely, and with any luck retail all together.

I did meet with my attorney today, and he's charging me what my fine would have been anyhow, so i figured why not.
Good luck to you, and don't let anybody try to make you feel like they've never made a mistake in their lifetime. Learn from it and move on.....you will do just fine!

Old 07-27-2008, 08:37 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
even if you were fired because of why you were terminted--breaking state law and company policy--you would not have been allowed to draw UIB--just because you are fired does not mean you automatically are entitled to UIB

good luck finding a job quickly

Old 11-12-2009, 10:47 AM

1 posts, read 1,805 times
Default TABC Lawyer

Can anyone recommend a good lawyer in the Spring (Houston) area that can help us fight a decision that the TABC has made about our liquor license?

Old 11-12-2009, 10:52 AM

1,476 posts, read 1,775,094 times
The TABC are real jerks who use stalinist tactics to entrap innocent Americans.

Old 10-03-2010, 02:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,563 times
I feel terrible for my employer who is constantly harrassed by farmers branch cops, her establishment has only been open a year and she has a lot of tickets and cition with these cops.

i was working last night - we closed the bar at excactly 150 because it was very slow at the bar. A wedding party was going on at the restraunt side which is used as a hall. All these people were African families with their kids, wifes and dressed in their african attires. Drinks were not being sold by us (i never seen people having so much peaceful fun). Unfortunately at 245 the cops came, closed everything down and issued 3 tickets for having kids at a party and being there after 2. My boss has come to conclusion of closing down bcse she cannot affort the legal issues all the time. I really want to her not loss her place what can we do?

Old 10-03-2010, 03:36 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
don't open a thread that is from 2008 with totally different situation

start your own thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas